Gran Turismo 6 modding discussion

Does anyone have a working invite link to the Discord server? There's a whole bunch of stuff that I'd love to follow, especially that Used Car Dealership, at no point did I ever think this was possible in GT6, with modding alone.
Same except I can't access anymore for no reason. Discord puts me "expired or invalid link" I wanted to apologize to Nenkai but he never replied

Does anyone have a working invite link to the Discord server? There's a whole bunch of stuff that I'd love to follow, especially that Used Car Dealership, at no point did I ever think this was possible in GT6, with modding alone.
Here you go: https://discord.gg/YbJjbYEKzB
Same except I can't access anymore for no reason. Discord puts me "expired or invalid link" I wanted to apologize to Nenkai but he never replied
You know exactly why the links aren’t valid for you, and Nenkai doesn’t respond because he’s already explained to you way more than he needed to.

Someone can invite me or send a permanent link to "Searching for Hidden Things in GT" discord server?
My Discord username is Hiro Two (tag:#8682)

I've decided after much deliberation, that I am picking up a PS3 and a new copy of GT6 on my return from Cyprus and once set up I will get into modding GT6 myself. I've done as much as I am happy to do with in GT5 (adding new events and AI opponents, tweaking existing events to grid starts and increasing diffculty etc.)

Is the used car dealership shown by @TheAdmiester earlier in this thread part of the GT6 Spec II mod or is it availalbe seperately at all? And are both mods compatible if it is avaialble seperately?

Last edited:
I've decided after much deliberation, that I am picking up a PS3 and a new copy of GT6 on my return from Cyprus and once set up I will get into modding GT6 myself. I've done as much as I am happy to do with in GT5 (adding new events and AI opponents, tweaking existing events to grid starts and increasing diffculty etc.)

Is the used car dealership shown by @TheAdmiester earlier in this thread part of the GT6 Spec II mod or is it availalbe seperately at all? And are both mods compatible if it is avaialble seperately?
Not something that's available on its own yet, but if/when work picks up on Spec II again I'm happy for it to be rolled in.

Some mod with

- Prize cars in the championships

- New championships

- prizes with at least 1.5x more

-all brands and cars now for sale

- new championships please, no new missions without prizes :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

You offering to make them or something?
I want to know if there is any like this, I'm almost finishing the normal version. I missed the prize cars at the end of the competitions and I thought they pay little, and it's almost impossible to save the 20 million that some cars ask for without the login bonus

I want to know if there is any like this, I'm almost finishing the normal version. I missed the prize cars at the end of the competitions and I thought they pay little, and it's almost impossible to save the 20 million that some cars ask for without the login bonus
There IS an Event Creator tool where you can create Custom Events & put them in the Master mod of Gran Turismo 6. It would take a lot of time alone, but it's definitely possible. Just get ready to test your own work a lot for Balancing.

What is the best mod for a basic user, one that pays a little more money, more things released, extra championships etc.

Are you playing any at the moment?

What is the best mod for a basic user, one that pays a little more money, more things released, extra championships etc.

Are you playing any at the moment?
have you heard of the GT6 Spec-II mod? This is probably what you'd want. Requires CFW/PS3HEN.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on creating custom events and championships in GT6? I'm trying to follow the guide Nenkai provided, but I'm getting stuck in a couple of places. Namely adding rows to the database in the t_event_folder and t_event_folder_localize I'm getting an "There are uncommited data changes...." message and I can't save the changes. I've had a look on discord and youtube but no luck.

have you heard of the GT6 Spec-II mod? This is probably what you'd want. Requires CFW/PS3HEN.
Do you need internet to activate the daily bonus? I couldn't activate offline, I tested the beta version 0.7 in the games BCES01893 and BCUS99247

*in gt5 mod the bonus activates offline normally

Do you need internet to activate the daily bonus? I couldn't activate offline, I tested the beta version 0.7 in the games BCES01893 and BCUS99247

I'm not sure actually. But I can tell you I don't sign into PSN and can get the daily bonuses, even alter their amounts and days in-game with the mod. I would highly suggest checking it out, there's a lot more to the mod than that!

solved it when I deleted the old save and connected the internet, thanks for the help

Sounds can be a bit niche so hopefully this next one has a bit more for everyone. GT6 never had manufacturer events, but there's now nothing stopping us from making our own UI screens or even careers, so here's my stab at it with quite a mix of old and new:

The event flyer was just borrowed from GT3 as a placeholder rather than having a blank tile, just to show how nice they can look with proper images for each.

Last edited:
Got the tracking of event completion up and running, and started working on some graphics for each event. I'm taking heavy inspiration from any originals for each one, but where appropriate I'm replacing real life images with GT6 images, and taking a few liberties with each design. Seeing them in-game in front of the car spinner as part of a proper UI is really nice:
image.png

image.png

Revisiting GT6 and with recent experience from GT4, combined with more direct control of the sound engine, I think it's sounding better than ever:

Higher quality sounds and reduced "hissing" from GT's sound engine + finally the return of wind noise on the bumper and roof cams.

hello, please, is there any way to download the newly remade sounds, even if it's just the merc? please please :D

hello, please, is there any way to download the newly remade sounds, even if it's just the merc? please please :D
There isn’t, because of the way GT6 mods are built it’s not worth posting a mod that only replaces one or two sounds. Once what I’ll call the “prospective Spec II update” is done, you’ll be able to get the sounds and a lot more.

Got the tracking of event completion up and running, and started working on some graphics for each event. I'm taking heavy inspiration from any originals for each one, but where appropriate I'm replacing real life images with GT6 images, and taking a few liberties with each design. Seeing them in-game in front of the car spinner as part of a proper UI is really nice:
image.png

image.png
Youre doing a fantastic job of capturing the GT feel that I felt was missing from this game. Wonderful job

Není, kvůli způsobu, jakým jsou GT6 mody postaveny, nemá cenu zveřejňovat mod, který nahradí pouze jeden nebo dva zvuky. Jakmile bude hotovo to, co budu nazývat „prospektivní aktualizace Spec II“, budete moci získat zvuky a mnohem ví

There isn’t, because of the way GT6 mods are built it’s not worth posting a mod that only replaces one or two sounds. Once what I’ll call the “prospective Spec II update” is done, you’ll be able to get the sounds and a lot more.
it's a shame, but at least I tried, I understand you, I've already spent a few tens of hours modifying SpecDB, mainly modifying shock absorbers, etc. to make the cars behave more realistically. But I don't like Adhoc, I'm probably too old for that :D that's why I can't edit a wider range of things that I would like. sounds especially, your progress is phenomenal compared to vanilla, thanks for your work good luck. I like to wait. Thanks

Back