• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
• Adaptive Tesselation

New Physics Engine
• New suspension and kinematics model
• New tyre model
• New aerodynamics model
• Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
• Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
• Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts
• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
• More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface
• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
• Quick response
• Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility
• PlayStation®
• Smart Phone
• Tablet
• PC

At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the “Real Driving Simulator” launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo’s massive community space.

Real/Virtual "Edge Effect" Activity
A variety of "Edge Effects", the chemical reactions between the real world and the virtual world for which the Gran Turismo series is famous, are also planned for GT6. Exciting collaborations between various automotive manufacturers and collaborations with brands crossing different industries will be revealed gradually across the next six months.

FULL PRESS RELEASE HERE:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1910783.html

Trailer:

Screenshots:
d1cc3085572c2483f70a1fb1b24a7120.jpg

8740564131_6a935beb6d_b.jpg

iGAHSyOKZMxGo.jpg

i1sabhtacft2k8cb6o2k.jpg

SLS_AMG_GT3_02.jpg

more:

Last edited:
This is fake, in the article where it came from they said that they got this information from the event. The event has not even started yet.

I highly doubt Gran Turismo 6 will come this year. Or next. GT3 came in 2001, GT4 came in late 2004, GT5 came in late 2010. With that rate, and assuming that they will put more work into GT6, I wouldn't expect it for another few years (unless they release another half-done game and just release updates.) The demand for it is higher, yes, but the demand for a higher quality game is much greater as well.

Also, I would take the information in that article with a grain of salt, I never even read it.

"The UK's Silverstone Circuit will be one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6" - so in the 3 years since GT5 came out they've made 7 new tracks? Seven?!?! Are you freaking kidding me? And I suppose a couple of those are karting.

1200 cars so it's just GT5's car list complete with standards with a couple hundred new ones added.

This is really inline with my most pessimistic predictions. I thought it took them 3 years to make the engine for GT5 and 2 years to work on content. With three years since then to work on nothing but additional content, I was really hoping for something, well...better than 7 new tracks for chrissakes. That's what other racing sim developers come out with for DLC a few months after the original game launches.

Hope this is just BS.

Pffft...I'll still pre-order it the day it shows up on Amazon.

I call bull as well. I really hope they don't do Season Pass DLC. You're basically 🤬 all over your consumers when doing that.

If this game has "standard" (old) cars in it...I won´t buy it...maybe.

If they didn´t fix the engine sounds at least making them "realistic"...I won´t even want to play it because I fall asleep with the current sounds.

Let´s see if this is true. 1200 cars? Premium or better said in "2013 standard quality" yes.

I'd rather have the standard cars that haven't been premiumised than lose them.

Those who don't want to use them don't need to.

However if they're gone then I'll cope with life.

Sounds like we have some very demanding juniors ;)

If true, not very shocking. And if it's fake, at least the person making it is making a pretty reasonable claim (rather then something extreme like it being on PS4 or having Porsche).

If this game has "standard" (old) cars in it...I won´t buy it...maybe.

If they didn´t fix the engine sounds at least making them "realistic"...I won´t even want to play it because I fall asleep with the current sounds.

Let´s see if this is true. 1200 cars? Premium or better said in "2013 standard quality" yes.

No Foxiol, don't believe it. D: But I did however, found out that GT6 is going to be the most realistic racer on consoles, but must hear it from the event first. Scaff and I are hoping this is true that GT6 will carry Enthusia's spirit. :)

"Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tyre manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive."

No Foxiol, don't believe it. D: But I did however, found out that GT6 is going to be the most realistic racer on consoles, but must hear it from the event first. Scaff and I are hoping this is true that GT6 will carry Enthusia's spirit. :)

"Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tyre manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive."

OHHHHHHHH Now we are talking!!! Forget the rest if that is true!!!:drool:

http://technology.iafrica.com/news/games/859225.html

Sony Computer Entertainment has announced Gran Turismo 6, the latest version of PlayStation's best-selling franchise will be hitting PS3.

Editor's note: We were informed of an embargo a few minutes after the story was published. The initial press release contained no such warning.

Second editor's note: We've removed most information in accordance with the embargo. Check back at 6pm (SAST) for the details once again.

I highly doubt Gran Turismo 6 will come this year. Or next. GT3 came in 2001, GT4 came in late 2004, GT5 came in late 2010. With that rate, and assuming that they will put more work into GT6, I wouldn't expect it for another few years (unless they release another half-done game and just release updates.) The demand for it is higher, yes, but the demand for a higher quality game is much greater as well.

Also, I would take the information in that article with a grain of salt, I never even read it.

I don't know if you've been living in a cave or what but Kaz said they started developement for GT6 before GT5 was released, that's 3 years...in fact, GT5 is what GT1 and GT3 were to GT2 and GT4, the base engine.

1200 cars so it's just GT5's car list complete with standards with a couple hundred new ones added.

The mention of 1200 cars doesn't say anything about how many standards have been converted to premiums, and how many new premiums have been included. I would be more than happy with 50-100 new premiums (not counting 20 identical NASCARs though).

I for one would also be glad, if they keep the standards, because they provide a great selection of older cars that they won't all make into premiums, because they would have to get a hold on each one to model the interior appropriately first. (They should get rid of the duplicates though and just choose one from the EU/US/JP models)

I don't know if you've been living in a cave or what but Kaz said they started developement for GT6 before GT5 was released, that's 3 years...in fact, GT5 is what GT1 and GT3 were to GT2 and GT4, the base engine.

What does that have to do with anything I said? :odd::confused:

The mention of 1200 cars doesn't say anything about how many standards have been converted to premiums, and how many new premiums have been included. I would be more than happy with 50-100 new premiums (not counting 20 identical NASCARs though).

I for one would also be glad, if they keep the standards, because they provide a great selection of older cars that they won't all make into premiums, because they would have to get a hold on each one to model the interior appropriately first. (They should get rid of the duplicates though and just choose one from the EU/US/JP models)

1,083 cars total in GT5, and if they reached 1,200 meaning only adding 117 cars all premium that's a relatively low number considering they have been doing this since they started GT5, I'm wagering a guess that they omitted all standard cars and all are now premium that would really turn some heads big time. I can't see Kaz outing GT6 with standards as they are in GT5 in it.
I'm going with an all premium cast in GT6 and I can't wait to use the GTS-R premium and the S7TT(it's in the video).

1,083 cars total in GT5, and if they reached 1,200 meaning only adding 117 cars all premium that's a relatively low number considering they have been doing this since they started GT5, I'm wagering a guess that they omitted all standard cars and all are now premium that would really turn some heads big time. I can't see Kaz outing GT6 with standards as they are in GT5 in it.
I'm going with an all premium cast in GT6 and I can't wait to use the GTS-R premium and the S7TT(it's in the video).

I hope you´re right! I have the same feeling! :)

The number of cars does not override the manufactures for me. More new models, less dups of the same model in the current gt5. I rather have 600 cars with many new manufactures added. Just my 2 cents

The number of cars does not override the manufactures for me. More new models, less dups of the same model in the current gt5. I rather have 600 cars with many new manufactures added. Just my 2 cents

To each his own, but I have nearly every car in GT5 and I have tuned them all and driven them, there are definitely differences in the so called duplicates even when tuned exactly alike. I do hope they do something about having duplicates at the showroom, that would be incredibly annoying. Just have the car and then we select the desired options(engine size, transmission, trim, tires, etc), they should also incorporate on convertible cars top up or top down and have the according aero affected depending on position.
I enjoy having multiples but only if they are truly differences, some cars like the euro versions tend to be identical to the japanese versions even in steering position and engine size, they may differ in suspension settings though. All in all the only cars I need not have a variant of are those Midnight Purple I, II and III of the R34 skyline that's just too much, a simple paint choice is all that is needed. I love having the different years of cars though, especially the RX7 FD line from '91 to '02 man the changes in handling are exceptional(though I do hope they brought back the A Spec body kits from the '96-'98 years). Yea I played lots of GT in my day, GT2 is still the best with car selection, sorely miss the Vector M12, Venturi's, Jaguar XJ-R15 and a host of other awesome automobiles in that game never again seen including the elusive but awesome Lotus Elise GT(epic car).

To each his own, but I have nearly every car in GT5 and I have tuned them all and driven them, there are definitely differences in the so called duplicates even when tuned exactly alike. I do hope they do something about having duplicates at the showroom, that would be incredibly annoying. Just have the car and then we select the desired options(engine size, transmission, trim, tires, etc), they should also incorporate on convertible cars top up or top down and have the according aero affected depending on position.
I enjoy having multiples but only if they are truly differences, some cars like the euro versions tend to be identical to the japanese versions even in steering position and engine size, they may differ in suspension settings though. All in all the only cars I need not have a variant of are those Midnight Purple I, II and III of the R34 skyline that's just too much, a simple paint choice is all that is needed. I love having the different years of cars though, especially the RX7 FD line from '91 to '02 man the changes in handling are exceptional(though I do hope they brought back the A Spec body kits from the '96-'98 years). Yea I played lots of GT in my day, GT2 is still the best with car selection, sorely miss the Vector M12, Venturi's, Jaguar XJ-R15 and a host of other awesome automobiles in that game never again seen including the elusive but awesome Lotus Elise GT(epic car).

True, what could affect the car count is the standards that made there way to premium , such as that red Alfa Romero DTM car we caw PD taking shots off of , and i do think they can upgrade standards to look like premiums on the outside with no cockpit view, that's what I thought standards were when they first told us. not direct ps2 ports. Like imagine that Proto R35, its a premium with no cockpit.

Back