Gran Turismo 6!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TrackStarGT
  • 50 comments
  • 5,624 views
Messages
123
Messages
RayderRN
I have a theory, which is completely that, a theory, that Gran Turismo 5 is actually the skeleton of GT6...Now here me out. We all know that PS3s are just computers. Most games are run efficiently based on the capabilities of the system that the software is running on. So, PC based software has multiple levels of graphical display, from the low res and no filtering and shading, all the way up to high res, and all shaders and filters. If we look at some of the photo renders of GT5 we can deduct that the software is capable of rending the cars and environments at these high levels, therefore the software is just waiting for a new machine capable of doing that 50 to 60 times a second (the hardware currently exists). I think the GT5 software was developed way beyond PS3s capablities and is set to a dumbed down default, I believe it was done intentionally to decrease production time on GT6, Kaz was talking about GT6 before GT5 was ever released also suggesting that GT6 was in the minds of Polyphonic whilst developing GT5. I think we might see a GT6 released along with the next PS console. By the way, Im loving GT5 and have plenty to do until that time, just thought this would be a fun discussion. What do you guys think???
 
Think about GT6 when you have 100% finished :P

Sorry but GT5 is out 2/3 weeks and you are already thinking about GT6 -.-

Give GT5 some time i think it will get better with the time like an old wine (patches?!)

It will take at least 4 years till GT6 i guess :P
 
I believe kaz said at one time that they would build on to gt5 to make gt6 for the ps3. I'm typing this from my phone so I'll post my theory on GT6 when I get home.
 
Agree with Tharain.
If they released GT6 shortly after GT5 (say 1 year) that would lower the reputation of PD.
I think this forced release gave them a kick in the butt, and hopefully they have learned what to focus on when they are making GT6. Wich hopefully will be after they fix up GT5.

If they should release GT6 before GT5 was fixed, would you take the chance of buying GT6? Knowing support (bug fixes and extra content) would be very limited...
 
Think about GT6 when you have 100% finished :P

Sorry but GT5 is out 2/3 weeks and you are already thinking about GT6 -.-

Give GT5 some time i think it will get better with the time like an old wine (patches?!)

It will take at least 4 years till GT6 i guess :P

You put patches in your wine?!

I'll agree though, seems a little early to be theorizing about GT6, too much fun being had in GT5!
 
Think about GT6 when you have 100% finished :P

Sorry but GT5 is out 2/3 weeks and you are already thinking about GT6 -.-

Give GT5 some time i think it will get better with the time like an old wine (patches?!)

It will take at least 4 years till GT6 i guess :P

did you read the entire post?? I said that I am quite satisfied with GT5, I only brought it up because Kaz has on multiple occasions.
 
I think the intention is to roll out GT6 on the PS3. My guess would be 4th 1/4 2012.
 
Well, I think you are right. In a way it wasn´t even a secret. I mean we know that the Premium cars are modelled to an almost ridicilously high standard, that is detailled enough for the next gen-console. So they definately had GT6 in mind while modelling.

What I am interested in is how they plan to deal with the standard cars. Are they really able to convert all of them into premiums? I think the whole Standard / premium thing is a big nogo. I cannot think of any other racing game or any game for that matter that did a similar approach. All the cars in the GT series should reflect the passion and the skill of PD.

I personally hope that they concentrate on the following points:

- convert as many standards to premiums as possible and ditch the rest.
- Include new premium cars that will be released over the next few years that you simply can´t miss (next M3 for example)
- Get to a level of 500 to 600 premiums, that is more than enough
- improve the sound engine, so the audio finally reaches the level of the visuals
- rethink the challenge end event structure we currently have. Wasting opportunities lile they did with Top Gear should not happen. It could have been a lot better.


And that is it. Graphics will be mindblowing on the next PS, we don´t need to worry about that.

I sure hope they won´t continue the whole standard / premium thing, but I am afraid they will stick to it for marketing purposes, as the new GT cannot feature less cars than the old one.

And for the love of god, please give us great engine sounds. I know that they made a big step in the right direction with GT5, and I know that not all here think engine sounds are all that important. But once you listen to what a 430 at 8000 rpm (for example) really sounds like in real life I think you will agree that the whole driving exprerience in GT would definately benefit by improving this aspect.

I think this video expresses what I am looking for pretty well. I think most of us have driven the SLS in GT5 allready. And most of us agree that the SLS sounds pretty nice for a GT car.

Now did your experience resemble this one (ff to the 1:00 mark and don´t worry that its in german, you will understand what it is about)? :

And last but not least the challenges. The races are fun and I have no complaints here. The special challenges are kind of a mixed bag though. The amg events are very nicely done. Choice of car, choice of track everything.

But the Top Gear thing is a pretty big waste. Starting from the wrong camera angles on the track, the poor choice of cars (samba kinda funny, but boring nonethelesse, Lotus has been discussed enough I guess), the kinda simple challenge. I don´t know. There have been a few threads here with suggestions, and I think they were pretty good!
 
Well Kazunori Yamauchi said about the 'premium' cars that they would have been better suited to a next generation console and not ps3 so going by a statement like that it seems he's already thinking towards ps4 and I doubt we'll see GT6 on ps3. If PD have pushed the ps3 to it's limits with GT5 which judging by some of the compromises in graphics, they have, I don't think they'll attempt to better it with a new game, they'll just continue supporting it with DLC.
 
to be honest, I think the series needs a complete re-boot and to be started from scratch.
My one feeling about GT5 is that they had no real game plan when they started it, it was just a continuation of the same formula thats a little tired by now.
 
Well Kazunori Yamauchi said about the 'premium' cars that they would have been better suited to a next generation console and not ps3 so going by a statement like that it seems he's already thinking towards ps4 and I doubt we'll see GT6 on ps3. If PD have pushed the ps3 to it's limits with GT5 which judging by some of the compromises in graphics, they have, I don't think they'll attempt to better it with a new game, they'll just continue supporting it with DLC.

This, man, this.

They really just should patch and DLC GT5 and develop GT6 as a next-gen game at the same time. Having all cars premium by then (500-600), showing them simply with a higher LOD during gameplay at true 1080p, anti-aliasing and texture-filtering, basically=photomode graphics in real time.
 
Well, I think you are right. In a way it wasn´t even a secret. I mean we know that the Premium cars are modelled to an almost ridicilously high standard, that is detailled enough for the next gen-console. So they definately had GT6 in mind while modelling.

What I am interested in is how they plan to deal with the standard cars. Are they really able to convert all of them into premiums? I think the whole Standard / premium thing is a big nogo. I cannot think of any other racing game or any game for that matter that did a similar approach. All the cars in the GT series should reflect the passion and the skill of PD.

I personally hope that they concentrate on the following points:

- convert as many standards to premiums as possible and ditch the rest.
- Include new premium cars that will be released over the next few years that you simply can´t miss (next M3 for example)
- Get to a level of 500 to 600 premiums, that is more than enough
- improve the sound engine, so the audio finally reaches the level of the visuals
- rethink the challenge end event structure we currently have. Wasting opportunities lile they did with Top Gear should not happen. It could have been a lot better.


And that is it. Graphics will be mindblowing on the next PS, we don´t need to worry about that.

I sure hope they won´t continue the whole standard / premium thing, but I am afraid they will stick to it for marketing purposes, as the new GT cannot feature less cars than the old one.

And for the love of god, please give us great engine sounds. I know that they made a big step in the right direction with GT5, and I know that not all here think engine sounds are all that important. But once you listen to what a 430 at 8000 rpm (for example) really sounds like in real life I think you will agree that the whole driving exprerience in GT would definately benefit by improving this aspect.

I think this video expresses what I am looking for pretty well. I think most of us have driven the SLS in GT5 allready. And most of us agree that the SLS sounds pretty nice for a GT car.

Now did your experience resemble this one (ff to the 1:00 mark and don´t worry that its in german, you will understand what it is about)? :

And last but not least the challenges. The races are fun and I have no complaints here. The special challenges are kind of a mixed bag though. The amg events are very nicely done. Choice of car, choice of track everything.

But the Top Gear thing is a pretty big waste. Starting from the wrong camera angles on the track, the poor choice of cars (samba kinda funny, but boring nonethelesse, Lotus has been discussed enough I guess), the kinda simple challenge. I don´t know. There have been a few threads here with suggestions, and I think they were pretty good!


In defence of the standard/premium thing, most racing games don't even have 200 cars nevermind 200 premium cars plus 800 standard, Kaz himself has said that the standard cars were taken from previous games, easy to upscale for ps3 and they're only there to give players more choice. The only beef I have is that they've made some strange choices for premium cars (Kubelwagen, Schwimmwagen, Samba Bus etc). Any standard car can't just simply be upgraded, they'll have to do it from scratch which would lead me to believe that instead of "upgrading" standard cars, they'll opt for totally new cars.
 
Generally its timely, as well as financially responsible for them to flesh out the game in the first one in a pair, and the second utilizing optimizations to run much better, as well as saving time because most of the core programming to operate on a particular console is already completed.

I don't see why people think gt6 would go to the next console. Sony fully intends for the ps3 to have a life cycle like that of the ps2. It would be 3 to 4 years before another console even became realistic for them.

But yes, the next one will certainly be a large improvement and I am excited to see what they will do
 
I like the standard cars just fine. Sure I would rather they be premium but I would rather have them included as standard than not included.

I also see no reason to think at this time GT6 will not be on the PS3. I do think that GT7 if it is released will be on the next gen console.

PD seems to have a pattern of 2 versions per console with the odd numbers being next gen.
 
In defence of the standard/premium thing, most racing games don't even have 200 cars nevermind 200 premium cars plus 800 standard, Kaz himself has said that the standard cars were taken from previous games, easy to upscale for ps3 and they're only there to give players more choice. The only beef I have is that they've made some strange choices for premium cars (Kubelwagen, Schwimmwagen, Samba Bus etc). Any standard car can't just simply be upgraded, they'll have to do it from scratch which would lead me to believe that instead of "upgrading" standard cars, they'll opt for totally new cars.

You are definately right, most racing games feature a lot less cars. Just have a look at Iracing for example.

But on the other hand I wasn´t talking about other games but about the way GT decided to handle things.

I personally do not, think that is a good thing that there are cars in the game that look like ps3 cars. And they that copied bugs over from previous games. PD for stands for high quality work, and GT5 is the first game of the franchise that cannot fulfil this expectation in all aspects.

I think think less is more. Less cars but all premiums. I
 
Generally its timely, as well as financially responsible for them to flesh out the game in the first one in a pair, and the second utilizing optimizations to run much better, as well as saving time because most of the core programming to operate on a particular console is already completed.

I don't see why people think gt6 would go to the next console. Sony fully intends for the ps3 to have a life cycle like that of the ps2. It would be 3 to 4 years before another console even became realistic for them.

But yes, the next one will certainly be a large improvement and I am excited to see what they will do

But if GT5 has pushed the ps3 to it's limits there's nowhere to go for GT6 on this console. It won't be able to improve anything from GT5 which can't be done through updates, patches and DLC. It will become basically a pointless exercise, which in my opinion, Kaz won't want to do.
 
But if GT5 has pushed the ps3 to it's limits there's nowhere to go for GT6 on this console. It won't be able to improve anything from GT5 which can't be done through updates, patches and DLC. It will become basically a pointless exercise, which in my opinion, Kaz won't want to do.
I disagree. There are many ways to improve a game that do not require more processing power. For example more events, more online options, more tracks, more cars.

I think it would be awesome if the career mode of GT6 had the option to run online with your friends running in the same races and the AI filling in the spots as needed. Combine that with more events, more tracks and a few more options for setting up online races and I think it would be great. Totally doable on the PS3.

I am a bit disappointed at how easy most of the races are in GT5. The fact that it allows soft race tires and no wear in most A-Spec events makes it to easy. Also I miss the A-Spec point system from GT4. Would be nice if they had the race events set up so that if you take an under powered car with inferior tires into an event you could get more EXP and/or more credits for the win.
 
But if GT5 has pushed the ps3 to it's limits there's nowhere to go for GT6 on this console. It won't be able to improve anything from GT5 which can't be done through updates, patches and DLC. It will become basically a pointless exercise, which in my opinion, Kaz won't want to do.

The big test is how committed PD are to producing quality DLC now that the game has shipped, and a bigger test is whether will we be asked to pay for it.
After all theres no financial incentive for Sony/PD to keep producing content now that we've paid for the game and after spending 80million on GT5 they have every reason not to spend any more money.
 
You are definately right, most racing games feature a lot less cars. Just have a look at Iracing for example.

But on the other hand I wasn´t talking about other games but about the way GT decided to handle things.

I personally do not, think that is a good thing that there are cars in the game that look like ps3 cars. And they that copied bugs over from previous games. PD for stands for high quality work, and GT5 is the first game of the franchise that cannot fulfil this expectation in all aspects.

I think think less is more. Less cars but all premiums. I

Well the less is more theory certainly worked for GT3. In the time taken to transfer 800+ cars from GT4 and GTPSP to GT5 I suppose they could have used that time creating another 100 or so premiums so that would be 300. Just as long as they left out the waste of time ones in this game.
 
I disagree. There are many ways to improve a game that do not require more processing power. For example more events, more online options, more tracks, more cars.

I think it would be awesome if the career mode of GT6 had the option to run online with your friends running in the same races and the AI filling in the spots as needed. Combine that with more events, more tracks and a few more options for setting up online races and I think it would be great. Totally doable on the PS3.

I agree with you, there are tons of ways the game could be improved that wouldn't require more CPU power. A lot of people are hoping DLC will add some features, the new update adds damage to online races its really bizarre why it wans't in the original game.
 
I disagree. There are many ways to improve a game that do not require more processing power. For example more events, more online options, more tracks, more cars.

I think it would be awesome if the career mode of GT6 had the option to run online with your friends running in the same races and the AI filling in the spots as needed. Combine that with more events, more tracks and a few more options for setting up online races and I think it would be great. Totally doable on the PS3.

I am a bit disappointed at how easy most of the races are in GT5. The fact that it allows soft race tires and no wear in most A-Spec events makes it to easy. Also I miss the A-Spec point system from GT4. Would be nice if they had the race events set up so that if you take an under powered car with inferior tires into an event you could get more EXP and/or more credits for the win.

But like I said, all that can be done with updates, patches and DLC.
 
Is GT6 coming out for the PS3 or the PS4???

the PS2 was a much better deal and more value for money than the current generation - the way I see it (I play mostly the GT series)
 
The big test is how committed PD are to producing quality DLC now that the game has shipped, and a bigger test is whether will we be asked to pay for it.
After all theres no financial incentive for Sony/PD to keep producing content now that we've paid for the game and after spending 80million on GT5 they have every reason not to spend any more money.

Well I'd assume it would be like every other game out there, patches and updates containing fixes and improvements to the game are free and DLC containing extras are paid for.
 
But like I said, all that can be done with updates, patches and DLC.
Can but there will be a limit to what we get in DLCs unless they want to forget about any more releases on the PS3 and just charge us for content as we go.

My impression is that we will get some DLC but we will also see GT6 on the PS3 within 2-3 years and then the next version will be on the PS4 or whatever they decide to call it.
 
GT5 doesn't push the PS3 properly. Yes it is graphically intense but it can handle more, with the correct programming. Think about the difference between GT3 and GT4. Same hardware, massive differences.

Think about how 'amazing' GT3 was first thought to be. Graphically it was a prety good game for it's time, but it was rushed. Kazanouri has already admitted that the game wasn't as he would have liked because Sony pushed him to meet the launch date of the PS2. That's why when he got the time and space he created (arguably the best GT) GT4.

Now I'm sure many people have heard him say the opposite about GT5... How it would be ready when it's ready and Sony wouldn't dictate when it was released. Well I'm sorry but that's rubbish. Gran Turismo 5 is what GT3:A-Spec was compared to GT4. An appetiser for the main event.

If it's not, then I'll eat my hat. GT5 is good, but in the grand scheme of things it's going to be long forgotten in around 2 years time (hopefully sooner) when GT6 comes out.

People need to face up nto the fact this game is the real driving simulator but a pretender to the Gran Turismo crown. It's good, and it's just a shame that we have to wait until GT6 to get the game true GT fans deserve.
 
I have a theory, which is completely that, a theory, that Gran Turismo 5 is actually the skeleton of GT6...Now here me out. We all know that PS3s are just computers. Most games are run efficiently based on the capabilities of the system that the software is running on. So, PC based software has multiple levels of graphical display, from the low res and no filtering and shading, all the way up to high res, and all shaders and filters. If we look at some of the photo renders of GT5 we can deduct that the software is capable of rending the cars and environments at these high levels, therefore the software is just waiting for a new machine capable of doing that 50 to 60 times a second (the hardware currently exists). I think the GT5 software was developed way beyond PS3s capablities and is set to a dumbed down default, I believe it was done intentionally to decrease production time on GT6, Kaz was talking about GT6 before GT5 was ever released also suggesting that GT6 was in the minds of Polyphonic whilst developing GT5. I think we might see a GT6 released along with the next PS console. By the way, Im loving GT5 and have plenty to do until that time, just thought this would be a fun discussion. What do you guys think???

Ive got a lot of problems with GT5, so I'm am very much looking forward to GT6, which hopefully will be out within 2 years.
 
I can't wait for a GT on the PS5. That must be so good!
 
Can but there will be a limit to what we get in DLCs unless they want to forget about any more releases on the PS3 and just charge us for content as we go.

My impression is that we will get some DLC but we will also see GT6 on the PS3 within 2-3 years and then the next version will be on the PS4 or whatever they decide to call it.

I just feel that with the way Kaz already mentions a next generation console in some interviews, his mind is already set to where he wants to take GT6. He'll have a ton of ideas, free roam is one he mentioned, and I don't think he believes ps3 can handle what he wants.
 
Back