Gran Turismo 6!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TrackStarGT
  • 50 comments
  • 5,625 views
I think this whole topic reeks of obvious.
 
That sucks. so those that bought the PS3 to play GT will only have a half finished/bugged game to play?

I wish I didnt sell my PS2 (still got my copies of GT3 and GT4 tho)

Maybe its time to move on to the X-Box (if only they had a good steering wheel support)
 
GT5 doesn't push the PS3 properly. Yes it is graphically intense but it can handle more, with the correct programming. Think about the difference between GT3 and GT4. Same hardware, massive differences.

Think about how 'amazing' GT3 was first thought to be. Graphically it was a prety good game for it's time, but it was rushed. Kazanouri has already admitted that the game wasn't as he would have liked because Sony pushed him to meet the launch date of the PS2. That's why when he got the time and space he created (arguably the best GT) GT4.

Now I'm sure many people have heard him say the opposite about GT5... How it would be ready when it's ready and Sony wouldn't dictate when it was released. Well I'm sorry but that's rubbish. Gran Turismo 5 is what GT3:A-Spec was compared to GT4. An appetiser for the main event.

If it's not, then I'll eat my hat. GT5 is good, but in the grand scheme of things it's going to be long forgotten in around 2 years time (hopefully sooner) when GT6 comes out.

People need to face up nto the fact this game is the real driving simulator but a pretender to the Gran Turismo crown. It's good, and it's just a shame that we have to wait until GT6 to get the game true GT fans deserve.

GT3 was released on a brand new console, GT4 was released 4 years into the ps2's life. GT5 has also been released 4 years into the ps3's life, there's a lot more similarities between 4 and 5 than 3 and 5, GT5 Prologue can be compared to GT3. I know fine well this game isn't anywhere near what we expected but I also think that people are well over-estimating the capabilities of ps3.
 
GT3 was released on a brand new console, GT4 was released 4 years into the ps2's life. GT5 has also been released 4 years into the ps3's life, there's a lot more similarities between 4 and 5 than 3 and 5, GT5 Prologue can be compared to GT3. I know fine well this game isn't anywhere near what we expected but I also think that people are well over-estimating the capabilities of ps3.

The PS3 is very capable - the thing is that we would get a better game all around if it wasnt for the 3d feature - and we would have by over a year now
 
The PS3 is very capable - the thing is that we would get a better game all around if it wasnt for the 3d feature - and we would have by over a year now

My main issues with GT5 are the pathetic AI which has never been good and never been addressed properly and A-spec mode which is using the same races we've seen in previous games, made worse by the XP nonsense and looks quite frankly like minimum effort has been put in to it. Sorting out these 2 things alone would make GT5 so much better.
 
I'd just like the series to re-focus and decide what it wants to be, GT5 is all over the place
 
I have a theory, which is completely that, a theory, that Gran Turismo 5 is actually the skeleton of GT6...Now here me out. We all know that PS3s are just computers. Most games are run efficiently based on the capabilities of the system that the software is running on. So, PC based software has multiple levels of graphical display, from the low res and no filtering and shading, all the way up to high res, and all shaders and filters. If we look at some of the photo renders of GT5 we can deduct that the software is capable of rending the cars and environments at these high levels, therefore the software is just waiting for a new machine capable of doing that 50 to 60 times a second (the hardware currently exists). I think the GT5 software was developed way beyond PS3s capablities and is set to a dumbed down default, I believe it was done intentionally to decrease production time on GT6, Kaz was talking about GT6 before GT5 was ever released also suggesting that GT6 was in the minds of Polyphonic whilst developing GT5. I think we might see a GT6 released along with the next PS console. By the way, Im loving GT5 and have plenty to do until that time, just thought this would be a fun discussion. What do you guys think???

umm. didnt Kaz say that himself?............
 
If I might just trow my own little theory in: I think there might be a GT5 HD on the next Playstation OR they just use the premium cars in GT6. Either way, I don't think there will be another GT on Playstation 3, they would have to hurry a lot (I'd say max. 3 years) and then it won't be much more than a GT5 1.5!
 
Last edited:
If I might just trow my own little theory in: I think there might be a GT5 HD on the next Playstation OR they just use the premium cars in GT6. Either way, I don't think there will be another GT on Playstation 3, they would have to hurry a lot (I'd say max. 3 years) and then it won't be much more than a GT5 1.5!

And there are those who argue that GT2 and GT4 were just GT 1.5 and GT 3.5.

There probably will be one more GT game for the PS3, as there can only be soo much done with patches.

Id imagine GT6 would be like Gt2 and 4 where they basically built on the strengths of the previous game and improved the weaknesses. With added features or adding featuress that got left out of the last due to time or other issues.

This is becuase they made the games basic structure of the game nearly from scratch for the PS3 hardware. So it would be silly to not make use of it at least once more before they start over again with a next gen game.

Its also understood that the PS3 is supposedly going to be around another 5 or so years. So it would difficult to judge what type of hardware will be used when its soo far down the pipline.

At least thats the way I see things.
 
The damage needs to ste up to the plate and the tuning needs to be more like Forza 3..
 
Common knowledge, Kaz has said quite awhile ago that the car models are for future GT games.
 
GT6? PS4? C'mon guys, dream big. I'm hanging out for GT12 on PS8. I've heard it has improved shadows and another 100 premium cars. And fluffy dice hanging from your rear view mirror. Simply amazing.
 
I have a theory, which is completely that, a theory, that Gran Turismo 5 is actually the skeleton of GT6...Now here me out. We all know that PS3s are just computers. Most games are run efficiently based on the capabilities of the system that the software is running on. So, PC based software has multiple levels of graphical display, from the low res and no filtering and shading, all the way up to high res, and all shaders and filters. If we look at some of the photo renders of GT5 we can deduct that the software is capable of rending the cars and environments at these high levels, therefore the software is just waiting for a new machine capable of doing that 50 to 60 times a second (the hardware currently exists). I think the GT5 software was developed way beyond PS3s capablities and is set to a dumbed down default, I believe it was done intentionally to decrease production time on GT6, Kaz was talking about GT6 before GT5 was ever released also suggesting that GT6 was in the minds of Polyphonic whilst developing GT5. I think we might see a GT6 released along with the next PS console. By the way, Im loving GT5 and have plenty to do until that time, just thought this would be a fun discussion. What do you guys think???

Yay!!! We got suckered into buying a Beta after we bought the Beta for the Beta! GT6 will be the game PD got to charge 3 times for!
 
MORE PRIZE EXCLUSIVE CARS. That's the most important part.
Making 99.9% of cars purchasable just ruins the surprise and reward of the prize cars.
 
I have a theory, which is completely that, a theory, that Gran Turismo 5 is actually the skeleton of GT6...Now here me out. We all know that PS3s are just computers. Most games are run efficiently based on the capabilities of the system that the software is running on. So, PC based software has multiple levels of graphical display, from the low res and no filtering and shading, all the way up to high res, and all shaders and filters. If we look at some of the photo renders of GT5 we can deduct that the software is capable of rending the cars and environments at these high levels, therefore the software is just waiting for a new machine capable of doing that 50 to 60 times a second (the hardware currently exists). I think the GT5 software was developed way beyond PS3s capablities and is set to a dumbed down default, I believe it was done intentionally to decrease production time on GT6, Kaz was talking about GT6 before GT5 was ever released also suggesting that GT6 was in the minds of Polyphonic whilst developing GT5. I think we might see a GT6 released along with the next PS console. By the way, Im loving GT5 and have plenty to do until that time, just thought this would be a fun discussion. What do you guys think???

I know that many people are saying that you are talking about this too early, but you bring up a VERY good point that I never even thought of! I'm not sure if GT6 will be on the PS4, but with the way you put it I would not be surprised. It does make you wonder HOW they are able to render such amazing graphics in the photo mode. It is as if they are saying... "this is just the beginning!"
 
My own feeling is that GT6 will be a launch PS4 title. They've pushed the PS3 as far as they feel they can right now and there is no reason whatever they want to add to GT5, they can do it via DLC.

The only problem they potentially make for themselves is any premium cars they add via DLC they can't really include for free in the GT6 package.

Imagine if you spent $30 on premium car DLC (assuming you will be able to) and then you spend $50 on GT6, just to find that all the DLC you paid for with GT5 is included in GT6. I know I'd be pissed off about that.

It would turn GT6 into primarily a Engine Update, with all the DLC for GT5 carrying over into GT6.

Eitherway, I can see GT6 being a PS4 launch title, that's how far away it is. DLC is going to need to be game version independent, otherwise people will be very annoyed to pay twice for the same stuff.
 
GT6 will be on PS4 IMHO. Not enough time left with the increasing production times + the fact that they can continue to update GT5. On top of this, it looks like they were too limited by PS3 with the quality of the models they chose to go for as it is.
 
I hope your right here, basicly GT5 is GT3 in a sense that it has been made for a whole new console, GT3 didnt have that many cars but thats because they were modeling new cars from scratch ( as they have done with GT5), and GT4 was basicly a improved version of GT3 with more cars, so my point is GT6 should just be an improved version of GT5 with more cars (more premiums at least). Still though chances are GT6 will be on the ps4- if this is the case PD can always just keep updating GT5 until then :)
 
GT6? PS4? C'mon guys, dream big. I'm hanging out for GT12 on PS8. I've heard it has improved shadows and another 100 premium cars. And fluffy dice hanging from your rear view mirror. Simply amazing.

co-sign.
 
You know what would be pretty cool? You know how they're re-releasing a lot of older PS2 games with higher resolution graphics (God of War Collection, Sly Cooper Collection, Prince of Persia, etc.)? I think it would be sweet if they updated GT4 and re-released it for PS3. I never got to play it, so it owuld definitely be a worthwhile purchase for myself...

Something tells me though, that most of you probably still have the game, so you probably don't share my enthusiasm...lol
 
Back