Gran Turismo 7 ‘hero car’ (aka the car that appears in the cover of the game)

• Thread starter NickXP
  • 189 comments
My two guesses for the GT7 cover:

1- Nissan GT-R R36 (Polyphony will be a partner in the new car marketing campaign)

2- Ferrari Roma (It will be a Ferrari because of the Twitter teaser. And it's also time to have the biggest brand in the world on the cover)

My two guesses for the GT7 cover:

1- Nissan GT-R R36 (Polyphony will be a partner in the new car marketing campaign)

2- Ferrari Roma (It will be a Ferrari because of the Twitter teaser. And it's also time to have the biggest brand in the world on the cover)

1) There is no way that the R36 will be ready when GT7 launches. Nissan has teased all of their cars that will get revealed within the next 18 months and there is no GT-R but there is a new Z

2) That photo with 7 or 8 Ferraris on instagram wasn’t actually from Polyphony Digital, it was from a fan. Also Ferrari has never been anywhere near the biggest car brand in the world which is Volkswagen or Toyota. Not sure where you got that information from but it is totally wrong.

Also Ferrari has never been anywhere near the biggest car brand in the world which is Volkswagen or Toyota. Not sure where you got that information from but it is totally wrong.
I did not say that Ferrari is the largest manufacturer in the world... ;)

No that is exactly what you said...
Let me see if i can help you... The ranking of the most powerful brands in the world (Brand Finance Group), which values aspects such as investment in marketing, shareholding or business performance, highlights that the Italian brand surpasses the other companies in solidity, ahead of Disney, Apple, etc... Ferrari is number one for the second consecutive year...

From past years:

GT1: Toyota Supra & Nissan Skyline
GT2: McLaren F1/Honda S2000
GT3: Acura CL/Porsche 911 GT3
GT4: Ford GT
GTPSP: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
GT5: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
GT6: Chevrolet Corvette C7/Renault Mégane Trophy
GTS: Mercedes-AMG GT S
GT7/8: ?

I’m guessing something Italian. Either Ferrari SF90, F8, Portofino or Lamborghini Sián, Huracán Evo/Perf or Urus :lol: Maybe even an Alfa or Maserati. But the C8 Corvette and Supra have strong chances too. GT-R 50, 917 Living Legend, 911 Carrera/Turbo/GT3 (992) are likely...

Last edited:
: lol:: lol: renault-5-turbo-01.jpeg
renault-5-turbo-01.jpeg

I think it should be a car that doesn’t exist in the current game like with the previous Gran Turismo games where the car in the game box didn’t exist in the previous game. I could be wrong though.
That theory isn't flawless. The C7 was in Gran Turismo 5 in a near-final form. The C6 on GTPSP's cover was in GT5P. If I want to be pedantic, I could say that the Ford GT on GT4's box art was also in GTC and on its box art as well (on one version I think, either Tokyo or Seoul).

Weren't the McLaren F1 gauges on the cover of one of the games?
In Gran Turismo 2, yes.

Back on topic, I'm quite sure it will be either the 2020 GR Supra in Horizon Blue, or maybe a Porsche 911 GT3 RS since apparently they don't have the license for the GT2 RS

My pipe dream, it will be the new Supra and new Z side by side in sepia, just like the OG cover ;) Released in December 2022 to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the release of the first game :drool:

Gran_Turismo_-_Cover_-_JP.jpg

Or PD could troll us and have Hizal v Fraga front and center like the F1 games from Codies :lol:

I think (and hope) maybe the new Ford GT. It's Kaz's favorite car, and I heard in a video by HSG Automotive that Kaz himself said that he went back to the classic GT games and realize that there was so much that he had forgotten. Maybe, to make the game resemble classic GT, it would have the new Ford GT as the hero car.

I think (and hope) maybe the new Ford GT. It's Kaz's favorite car, and I heard in a video by HSG Automotive that Kaz himself said that he went back to the classic GT games and realize that there was so much that he had forgotten. Maybe, to make the game resemble classic GT, it would have the new Ford GT as the hero car.
Don’t think so as Forza 6 had it as it’s cover car...

Don’t think so as Forza 6 had it as it’s cover car...

Idk honestly. Because if we check Project Cars 2-3, they're using the same car (Mercedes) for promotion as we can see that Merc on GT Sport's cover. So that Ford GT cover is likely to be GT7's too.

Attachments

• 20200607_141406.jpg
    20200607_141406.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 26
Idk honestly. Because if we check Project Cars 2-3, they're using the same car (Mercedes) for promotion as we can see that Merc on GT Sport's cover. So that Ford GT cover is likely to be GT7's too.
The AMG in PC3 the face lifted AMG GT R rather than the original from 2017. The AMG GT S is in GT Sport’s cover

The Mercedes AMG Project One? With the Lewis connection and all it would make sense..
If they continue the deal, yeah. But I’m also unsure they’d use another Mercedes in a row after featuring the AMG-GT on GT Sport’s cover. So I’d bet it’s gonna be either the C8, the SF90, or otherwise a car that hasn’t appeared in GT yet. Something that’s still a “grand tourer” like the SLS-AMG and AMG-GT. I think it’ll likely continue to be a sporty, production-spec car, and not something like a VGT. I could see it being the Ferrari 812 - that’s a grand tourer, right? But I also don’t think money can be dismissed as a factor, as another user mentioned.

I don’t think it’d be the SF90 because it’s not a grand tourer, and I don’t think it’d be the Supra A90, either, as it wouldn’t be a car that’s new to the series. It could be the GT-R50 or the upcoming Z35, but the former is not a grand tourer, and Nissan may not have the money to put their car on the cover. Meanwhile, I don’t think we’d see another Mercedes after having one already for GTS, and I don’t even remember there being any new or upcoming grand tourers from them at the moment.

So, my best guesses would be the following, from most to least likely:
1. Chevrolet Corvette C8
2. Ferrari Roma
3. Nissan Fairlady Z35
4. Ferrari 812/Nissan GT-R50
5. Ferrari SF90/Mercedes-Benz AMG Project One

EDIT: What if it’s a Lexus? Would one consider the upcoming LC F a grand tourer? I’m personally not sure if a Lexus would be used for the cover of a future installment of GT, as much as I like them otherwise.

Last edited:
I think we should have a very retro hark back to the classic Tom's supra with the new one, the Supra GR A90 regardless of what people think of it. Feel it would be a nice homage to the GT games of old.

TELEMMGLPICT000197197870_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqg0nQdUPx2qK8VuG1Bjx1c7C5ZDCp_arj_Y7e328mwj4.jpeg

Last edited:
Back