Gran Turismo 7 ‘hero car’ (aka the car that appears in the cover of the game)

• Thread starter NickXP
  • 189 comments
We already know what it's going to be:
IMG_20200911_155539.jpg

;):sly:

I'm still thinking the GR Yaris... But (big BUT)... The 2021 AMG GT Black Series makes sense as well.
images - 2020-10-20T204455.881.jpeg

We've had the SLS in GT5, AMG GT S in GT Sport. The new AMG GT S is not exactly, technically, a back to back Mercedes cover car, as the Red Bull X2019 is the cover car for GT Sport 2.0.

Unless Forza grab it first, the AMG GT Black Series, seems more up Gran Turismo 7's alley for a cover car.

Given the 917 has been the poster car the entire time, it might be a heavily filtered picture of the rear end showing the motor bits. That’s something I can see PD doing.

Would be unusual to have a classic car on the cover of GT7 but I would realistically expect the Porsche 917 K to be the cover car of the game.

Or maybe even, the mysterious blue car that is in the game's promotional artwork.

Last edited:
Would be unusual to have a classic car on the cover of GT7 but I would realistically expect the Porsche 917 K to be the cover car of the game.

Or maybe even, the mysterious blue car that is in the game's promotional artwork.
It’ll have to be as ambiguous as the cover for Gran Turismo 3. 16 years later I still don’t recognize it on first sight.

NAH! They are gonna go with Mazda or Toyota, I said it before Mazda GT3 Vision ftw!

Don't forget PD haven't even acknowledged the cars existence yet! It'd be all over the game if it's a future cover car!

If the Jag does come as the cover car then I guess I will have to try and buy it on day one of the game but I am very confident that won't happen LOL!

Actually I kind of want it to be the final cover simply because it has that blue & red reference to the old GT logo. This would be the "past" of the cover art, with the "future" represented by the cars themselves.
Good thinking. I wouldn't mind it at all if this was the final boxart design. Besides, it'd be relatively unpredictable compared to how I thought it'd either be a Mercedes-Benz, a Chevrolet, or a Nissan. I think it also represents some of the partners of GT, though I don't recall Porsche being a partner of the FIAGTCs in particular like Mazda was. Still, I think there is a partnership of sorts, and that gets represented in this boxart if the car on top really is the Porsche VGT.

Last edited:
It could be... 917K based on how it's heavily featured on the trailer...

That would be very unusual since this is a very old car (not featured on games covers very often) but also it would be really cool to see that kind of a change

It's also only a very early trailer. It's doubtful it will be so prominent once they actually announce the game proper and start showing off more footage/screens.

I hope it's something exotic like the Lamborghini Sian Roadster

View attachment 982748

View attachment 982746

View attachment 982747
First-off, I'd really prefer the non-roadster version of the Sian, as I don't think there's a need for roadsters in GT when there are coupe versions of that same car, whereas I'm fine with cars that don't have a coupe version like the Honda S2000 or BMW Z8. (Also to note is how the Mazda Roadster may have hard-top versions, but it's still primarily a roadster, so I'm fine with that model, too.)

Second, I think any variant of the Sian may or may not be too new to get into GT7 in time, though I think it still could happen given how PD has both expanded its offices and been using more outsourcing lately.

Finally, I think if anything, the cover car will either be a grand tourer like the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT, or a VGT like we've seen in the potentially leaked boxart posted in this thread. A roadster like the Sian would be better-suited for the cover of a Need for Speed game, and I'm not even terribly sure about that - it'd have to be an NFS game more like Hot Pursuit 2010 or maybe Rivals, rather than one with notable customization like Heat, Payback, or Most Wanted 2005. That said, I do want the Sian in Gran Turismo - along other recent Lamborghini models, such as the Aventador S, the Asterion Concept, and the Urus - but not the Sian roadster.

Last edited:
I'm thinking if the cover is the "Porsche" & RX-Vision, it'd be the first time Mazda have featured on a cover. Nissan, Toyota and Honda have featured. Might be time for Mazda. Especially with the partnership.

Second, I think any variant of the Sian may or may not be too new to get into GT7 in time,

If SMS were able to get it into PC3 I don’t see why it’d be so hard for PD to get it into the next GT game considering the budget differences between the two companies

Back