Gran Turismo 7 ‘hero car’ (aka the car that appears in the cover of the game)

• Thread starter NickXP
  • 189 comments
This might suggest the cover art we've all said is official isn't actually the final design, unless it's just an opinion poll.

Any assumptions about the key art being the cover art is on the individual. Nothing has ever suggested it actually will be, just assumptions and fan mockups.

That being said, there is zero chance they'll actually make the decision based on what fans say. It's just about engagement.

Any assumptions about the key art being the cover art is on the individual. Nothing has ever suggested it actually will be, just assumptions and fan mockups.

That being said, there is zero chance they'll actually make the decision based on what fans say. It's just about engagement.
Yes They obviously will not choose a car that someone on Twitter told them to

Yes They obviously will not choose a car that someone on Twitter told them to
I said either the Ferrari SF90 Stradale, McLaren 765LT, Ford GT (2020 Version), Porsche 911 Turbo S (992), Aston Martin Valkyrie, Lamborghini Sián, Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, BMW M8 Competition or Toyota Supra... my bets on the Supra...

I kind of want either the Koenigsegg Gemera or Lotus Evija to be on the cover of GT7, as they come from two brands that should be in the game nonetheless.

I kind of want either the Koenigsegg Gemera or Lotus Evija to be on the cover of GT7, as they come from two brands that should be in the game nonetheless.
Gran Turismo game covers have never featured a hypercar in the past so I don't think it will happen

Last edited:
The F1(from cockpit view) was back then. We also got the Ford GT race car. Now the ultra hyper race car Red Bull X2019, is the "cover" for GT Sport 2.0. A hyper car is possible.
Hypercars and Race Cars are totally different things

Last edited:
Hypercars and Race Cars are totally different things
That doesn't matter. The possibility to place a hyper car on a GT cover is 50:50. There's no absolute it won't happen.

We've had road cars on most of the covers. Very fast cars, for those eras, on the cover. A few race cars. So, if a hyper car is NOT a race car, that increases the chance there could be a hyper car on the cover. Since a race car has less of a chance to be a GT cover car.

I can guarantee you 100% that there will not be a hypercar on the cover of the game. Gran turismo was never known for hypercars and other than the Bugatti Veyron there are very very few hypercars in the existing games. Previous gran turismo games have had fast cars on the covers but nowhere near the level of the performance that a hypercar has

Last edited:
I can guarantee you 100% that there will not be a hypercar on the cover of the game. Gran turismo was never known for hypercars and other than the Bugatti Veyron there are very very few hypercars in the existing games. Previous gran turismo games have had fast cars on the covers but nowhere near the level of the performance that a hypercar has
Well, let's try this again. According to Wikipedia:
A more recent term for high-performance sportscars is "hypercar", which is sometimes used to describe the highest performing supercars.[16] As per supercars, there is no set definition for what constitutes a hypercar. An attempt to define these is "a limited-production, top-of-the-line supercar with a price of around or more than US$1 million."[17]

Some people consider the 1993 McLaren F1 to be the first hypercar,[18] while others believe the 2005 Bugatti Veyron was the first hypercar.[19]

Here's a hyper car(McLaren F1 cockpit view at speed), on the cover of a Gran Turismo game, as I pointed out(one of a few very fast cars on a Gran Turismo cover), as defined by wikepedia
images (39).jpeg

You can believe there won't be a hyper car on the cover full stop
You can not guarantee me there won't be a hyper car on the cover.

Gran Turismo was also never known as a serious online eSports game. Things can always change.

Well, let's try this again. According to Wikipedia:

Here's a hyper car(McLaren F1 cockpit view at speed), on the cover of a Gran Turismo game, as I pointed out(one of a few very fast cars on a Gran Turismo cover), as defined by wikepedia
View attachment 956468

You can believe there won't be a hyper car on the cover full stop
You can not guarantee me there won't be a hyper car on the cover.
Whoops I forgot about that

Since that box art is on Kaz's Twitter profile (apparently) quite a lot of us think that it is the final design.
Since Kaz asked on Twitter a few days ago (9-2) which car should be the cover star, I believe it will not be the final version...

Last edited:
Since Kaz asked on Twitter a few days ago (9-2) which car should be the cover star, I believe it will not be the final version...

Kaz didn't, the official GT account run by US social media managers did, and there is no way they actually take any suggestions from fans on what to put on the cover. Whether the real cover is already decided or not though, who knows.

It's going to be interesting with Mazda and Porsche the new partners. With the GT Sport cover car being a Mercedes-Benz AMG, for the second time, I wonder how much they paid to have it featured.

Thinking about the car sales article, also makes me wonder if the Porsche/Mazda cover will stay. Wouldn't make sense, at this point in time, to place any other car on the cover that isn't a partner of PD.

Just seems like the way cars are presented has changed. If some manufacturers are wanting their cars at the forefront, I couldn't see Volkswagen on the cover over the two brands in Kaz' cover pic.

Back