Gran Turismo 7 25th Anniversary Celebrations Detailed: Increased Prize Payouts & Free X2019

• Thread starter Famine
  • 88 comments
i'm never going to complain about them adding more online events, but its worth pointing out that these just seem like cheap ideas to increase engagement. i might take a break from GT6 for some of these!

i am guessing that the time trial/daily races will be 24 hours each over this period - when realistically the user base would be happier if they did 11 events over a 33 day period instead. but hey! their internal numbers will look good for that 11 day period, until they offer the same two daily races and menus that offer the experience of buying cars to win roulette tickets.

and i have to think that, with daily time trials, the daily race incentive might not really bump the numbers there.

Perhaps, re-reading it does sound more like that will be the case, in which case I assume participating in the time trial event would suffice which wouldn't require PS Plus.
Thats good to know,i dont sub to ps plus and i cant imagine im the only one not to.

true, the predatory behaviour continues. I won't grind, life is too short, and I have left most of the races untouched until they fix the economy. I was a little excited to see the headline... "increased prize pay-outs" - my waiting had paid off... only to read further... another PD scam - select online etc, so sad! They are like the employer who gives you a cash bonus instead of bumping up your hourly rate! Short term joy but adds no real value to your salary because it doesn't carry through :(

I thought the points races are online?
They are, but there's four different sets of events detailed:

Daily Race A - November 25-December 5
"Points Races" - November 25-27, December 1-4
Online Time Trial - November 25-December 5
"Special races with increased points" - November 25-January 3

I have no idea what the last one will be. I don't even know what it means.

Also nobody spotted my subtle edit 😭

Last edited:
COTA, NASCAR, point to point races on highways and sponsor programs like Dirt 5 weren't ever suggested to be part of GT7.
I think you may have purchased the wrong game.
So what you are saying is that if they never suggested something then it shouldn't even be considered??

I have been playing this game for 25 years, I am fairly certain I knew what I was getting into.

COTA is a track. Tracks are a part of GT7 last I checked.

Sponsor programs (like Dirt 5) would be a fairly easy way to increase in game income which is VERY needed, and would cause more playability.

Other ideas would be to add increased payouts to the events for running in normal and hard, leave the current (sad) payouts for easy. Somewhat easy addition, quickly triples the playability.

There are many NASCAR games that aren't very good, GT has a good engine and could easily take that crown, maybe even be a purchased add on.

What will these special events be exactly?
They are, but there's four different sets of events detailed:

Daily Race A - November 25-December 5
"Points Races" - November 25-27, December 1-4
Online Time Trial - November 25-December 5
"Special races with increased points" - November 25-January 3

I have no idea what the last one will be. I don't even know what it means.
although it’s not entirely clear right now what they will be. An in-game schedule should appear after the update, with races running from November 25 to January 3.

Last edited:
I'd rather they bring back the X2010/2011/2014 Fan Car instead of just another special livery (which we could recreate in livery editor).

None of the other prizes are that special either. Parts/Engine tickets which still has a high chance of getting dupes. Increased prize money which should've been done months ago. I think everyone concerned with buying all cars have already grinded either manually or with a script by this point.

Early access to Ferrari VGT, fine, but not worth staying up to watch the stream for it. In fact I prefer waiting to buy the car by myself because then I can choose the colour that I want.

Home map upgrades look tacky, and will probably just push my PS4 Pro's fan into overdrive.

Road Atlanta is a nice surprise, but for the 25th Anniversary update it would be more apt to bring back classic original tracks like Grand Valley, Autumn Ring, Midfield, El Capitan etc.

We don't know what else is in the patch but I'm also hoping for promised features like car selling, Sophy and BOP updates.

Raising the prize money 5X in Sport Mode tells me that the amount of people racing online has really fallen off. I don't know if there are publicly available numbers for this. I personally haven't done any online racing besides Race A for months, and only A because my ratings are unaffected.
It wouldn't surprise me if the player numbers were way down, that's expected after the launch hype. I've only played one Daily A in the last month, and it was the first time I'd seen a less than half-full grid since GTS, not that that's conclusive evidence.

The Sport Mode payouts have always been unusually low for how much effort is required. At 5x the Credits, Sport will now pay more per hour than the Sunday Cup for backmarkers, and 250-350k per hour for winners, which is... still hardly anything! Yippee!

If Sport mode prizes were multiplied by 20, Spa 1Hour would still reliably pay more.

It wouldn't surprise me if the player numbers were way down, that's expected after the launch hype. I've only played one Daily A in the last month, and it was the first time I'd seen a less than half-full grid since GTS, not that that's conclusive evidence.

The Sport Mode payouts have always been unusually low for how much effort is required. At 5x the Credits, Sport will now pay more per hour than the Sunday Cup for backmarkers, and 250-350k per hour for winners, which is... still hardly anything! Yippee!

If Sport mode prizes were multiplied by 20, Spa 1Hour would still reliably pay more.
I would love to play Sport mode more. I had a lot of fun with it while I unlocked the trophy and found it much more enjoyable than playing against AI, but the credit payout is the main issue stopping me from participating regularly. First, you can't just hop into a race immediately, you usually have to wait 5-15 minutes for the next race to start. Then you spend another 15 minutes in the race (and finish middle of the pack if you're of my skill level). In that time I could do a run of Tokyo and make 880k instead of 15k from the Daily Race A.

They would have to make it so that Sport Mode payouts are at least 400-500k a race for me to begin paying attention.

To be honest , I really miss the fan car. I know it's not good for competition but it was a fun experimental car like the tomahawk X. I also think it drives better because of the fan making it more able to take low speed corners.

Still praying daily for them to add the Brabham BT46B to gt7 or frankly any decent sim.

Hopefully a good update in december too,
I still waiting for
Alfa Romeo gulia gta
Bmw m5 e60
Chevrolet chevelle ss454
Dodge challanger demon
Ferrari 812 superfast
Lexus lfa

And maybe Grand valley, i would hope for bigger car drop soon,

So what you are saying is that if they never suggested something then it shouldn't even be considered??
No that's not what I said and isn't what I'm saying.
COTA is a track. Tracks are a part of GT7 last I checked.
Not sure what point I made that's being refuted here but yes, COTA is a track and GT7 has tracks.
Sponsor programs (like Dirt 5) would be a fairly easy way to increase in game income which is VERY needed, and would cause more playability.
Yes that's an idea to increase income. The game does need more ways to increase income but does it need this very specific one when there are much more straight forward options?

My point is, you're confusing "the game NEEDS" with "I want", which are very different. For example:
There are many NASCAR games that aren't very good, GT has a good engine and could easily take that crown, maybe even be a purchased add on.
You want NASCAR in the game. Does the game need a race series that's been in decline for decades and has completely lost track of what it is and who its for? Some people want it for sure, but does the game NEED it?

All this about online payouts makes me remember how good the GT6 quick matches were. I remember getting for at least one event 400,000 credits for winning a race that took about 5 minutes. I put over 3,000 miles (and a lot of videos) into a particular 550 pp road car race with tuning allowed and IF the servers worked I had a lot of fun. Maybe just maybe something like quick matches will be part of the special events.

Once again, ignore what players want and shove a shiny car infront of them to hopefully make them forget basic ass features are STILL missing!
Maybe they will add them who knows. We have to wait for tomorrow anyway. It is possible that they will add more than few events that are worth our time and with credit prize as good as Tokyo (it is also possible that credit prize of new events will be terrible as it was in multiple previous patches 🤣 ).

I'm probably a big dummy dum, but I've read this celebration stuff multiple times and I am ridiculously confused about what I have to actually do to unlock all the stuff. This is such a confusing event as a filthy casual.
Download the update. That's it.

You will need access to multiplayer for the Sport mode events, which requires you to complete Menu Book 9.

Tired of new cars.

What about all the duplicate cars (and parts) from roulette etc? What could we do with those again? Oh, I forgot, SELL (or trade) THEM!!

Fix the damn broke a$$ roulette. Quit giving me stuff I already have, make the minimum at LEAST enough to buy a set of racing soft tires, anything less that $30,000 makes me feel like an ugly crack whore.

What about a holes in online races? I refuse to "race" with idiots, go play Wreckfest and let the adults race.

Last edited:
Meh.
Need to sell all the duplicate cars I get from the tragically flawed roulette. Need COTA and other tracks, point to point races on highways, NASCAR races, sponsor program for extra cash like Dirt 5. I don’t do sport because of the childish a holes online. FIX THE DAMN roulette!! How many invitations do I need to buy cars I bought months ago?? Why do you give me 4 of the same parts for the same car?? Why do you give me the same car??
Man, I've gotten that stupid BRZ Drift car 6 times! It's never something I WANT duplicates of like an original run NSX, any of the Porsche/Ferrari road cars, RX7's, etc. No, I always win Gr.B cars I never use, the resto-mod tuner cars that have zero content in which to use them, or that stupid BRZ that just keeps stalking me. I'm going to have to get a restraining order against Subaru if this continues, lol.

I am glad to hear the X2019 is going to be free as that's one of the few multi-million credit cars that I don't currently own, so I'll take what I can get. I just hope by "participating" it means I can run one Sport race and be done with it

Man, I've gotten that stupid BRZ Drift car 6 times! It's never something I WANT duplicates of like an original run NSX, any of the Porsche/Ferrari road cars, RX7's, etc. No, I always win Gr.B cars I never use, the resto-mod tuner cars that have zero content in which to use them, or that stupid BRZ that just keeps stalking me. I'm going to have to get a restraining order against Subaru if this continues, lol.

I am glad to hear the X2019 is going to be free as that's one of the few multi-million credit cars that I don't currently own, so I'll take what I can get. I just hope by "participating" it means I can run one Sport race and be done with it
The gift cars from the roulette are only cars from Brand Central, and not even all of those can be won.

The gift cars from the roulette are only cars from Brand Central, and not even all of those can be won.
Yeah there seems to be a relatively small pool from which the roulette draws, and they all seem to be New Car Dealer. I think I've seen the '92 NSX as a potential win but could also be confusing it with a special part that was won for that specific car (or the '02 model). It's bogus as hell... One should have an opportunity to win cars from the Legendary dealer from 5/6* tickets given how long the wait is between cycles of the dealership, but it'll never happen.

Yeah there seems to be a relatively small pool from which the roulette draws, and they all seem to be New Car Dealer. I think I've seen the '92 NSX as a potential win but could also be confusing it with a special part that was won for that specific car (or the '02 model). It's bogus as hell... One should have an opportunity to win cars from the Legendary dealer from 5/6* tickets given how long the wait is between cycles of the dealership, but it'll never happen.
Special parts can only be won for cars that can also be won from the roulette, and only cars from Brand Central can be won. You probably got something for the '02 model.

Source: https://gt7info.gt-mod.site/ticket-rewards.html

Back