Gran Turismo 7 25th Anniversary Celebrations Detailed: Increased Prize Payouts & Free X2019

• Thread starter Famine
  • 88 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Last edited:
Meh.
Need to sell all the duplicate cars I get from the tragically flawed roulette. Need COTA and other tracks, point to point races on highways, NASCAR races, sponsor program for extra cash like Dirt 5. I don’t do sport because of the childish a holes online. FIX THE DAMN roulette!! How many invitations do I need to buy cars I bought months ago?? Why do you give me 4 of the same parts for the same car?? Why do you give me the same car??

Meh.
Need to sell all the duplicate cars I get from the tragically flawed roulette. Need COTA and other tracks, point to point races on highways, NASCAR races, sponsor program for extra cash like Dirt 5. I don’t do sport because of the childish a holes online. FIX THE DAMN roulette!! How many invitations do I need to buy cars I bought months ago?? Why do you give me 4 of the same parts for the same car?? Why do you give me the same car??
Yeah sorry mate I'll tell the team to fix the entire game and add everything you've asked for next patch for you because that's a feasible thing to do in one update. I'll also tell everyone to drive better in Sport for you. My bad.

Come off it pal. This update is adding a track and some kind seasonal event to address the things people have been waiting for and it's still not enough for you because it doesn't meet your fantasy wishlist? This is the biggest step in the right direction we've seen from them.

Last edited:
Meh.
COTA, NASCAR, point to point races on highways and sponsor programs like Dirt 5 weren't ever suggested to be part of GT7.
I think you may have purchased the wrong game.

Yeah sorry mate I'll tell the team to fix the entire game and add everything you've asked for next patch for you because that's a feasible thing to do in one update. I'll also tell everyone to drive better in Sport for you. My bad.

Come off it pal. This update is adding a track and some kind seasonal event to address the things people have been waiting for and it's still not enough for you because it doesn't meet your fantasy wishlist? This is the biggest step in the right direction we've seen from them.
Never happy.

It's adding what now!? Something like GT5 and 6? Because I really didn't like grinding for cars.

It's adding what now!? Something like GT5 and 6? Because I really didn't like grinding for cars.
Not sure entirely, but at the very least they're adding some kind of unique events surrounding GTWS and the 25th anniversary that are limited time - you can see the button in the blogpost.

1669143631061.png

Last edited:

Many of those things are feasible things to have been done by now through all the many updates that really didn’t add anything.

Not sure entirely, but at the very least they're adding some kind of unique events surrounding GTWS and the 25th anniversary that are limited time - you can see the button in the blogpost.

View attachment 1209931
Ahh okay. Thank you for the response. :) I was kind of hoping it would be some form of seasonal event, because I liked those in GT5 and 6. I would sooo play this again if we had that. I can't stand the grind tbh.

Last edited:
Ahh okay. Thank you for the response. :) I was kind of hoping it would be some form of seasonal event, because I liked those in GT5 and 6. I would sooo play this again if we had that. I can't stand the grind tbh.
Sort of seems like that's exactly what they're addressing. All the new events both online and offline have 2-10x the payouts. Seems more or less exactly what people have been asking for in terms of giving them a break from the grind.

Wish those payouts became the norm but we'll see where it goes in the future.

Sort of seems like that's exactly what they're addressing. All the new events both online and offline have 2-10x the payouts. Seems more or less exactly what people have been asking for in terms of giving them a break from the grind.

Wish those payouts became the norm but we'll see where it goes in the future.
Hmmm....interesting I may add. Since it looks like it would be a limited time event, I'm going to log on to participate. Thanks again for the response, you're awesome! 👍

Are the answers to the viewers campaign going to be posted on a thread here? Because I have to work during the streams and I’m sure I’m not the only one who won’t be able to see the streams.

Last edited:
Are the answers to the viewers campaign going to be posted on a thread here? Because I have to work during the streams and I’m sure I’m not the only one who won’t be able to see the streams.
Hopefully, and if not here they will likely be posted somewhere. I have neither the time, nor desire to watch the streams, but I wouldn't say no to that Ferrari or the 1m Cr prizes.

What makes you think there's offline events ? Which ones are these in your book ? Just asking ... 🤔
There have been "offline" in the sense that they are single player races (not literally offline given the game is always online, but that's semantics) in every monthly update to date, it's pretty reaosnable to expect we will get 3 races though until the patch notes/update drops (whichever is first) is not guaranteed.

I sure hope this whole celebration isn't entirely online focused and players are able to win the X2019 livery without doing any of the online events/time trials.
From what I understood in the article, you get that for participating in the quiz.

Last edited:
Daily Race A — currently featuring the Chaparral 2J at Sardegna Road — will be replaced with a special race similar to one of the World Final races running through to Monday December 5. This will offer five times the usual credit reward, which is based upon your finishing position in the multiplayer race. You will need a PS Plus subscription to access the event however.

Do we know if the new Daily A will effect DR/SR?

I thought that's credits, tickets, and the Ferrari VGT?

The X2019 is the reward for participating in the "25th Anniversary" events.
Perhaps, re-reading it does sound more like that will be the case, in which case I assume participating in the time trial event would suffice which wouldn't require PS Plus.

What makes you think there's offline events with higher payout ? Which ones are these in your book ? Just asking ... 🤔
I believe the "10 days remaining" banner events (the point races?) are offline events, but we'll see for sure. Seems like there would be too much dilution to have that on top of the dailies, one of which already has additional incentives.

I believe the "10 days remaining" banner events (the point races?) are offline events, but we'll see for sure. Seems like there would be too much dilution to have that on top of the dailies, one of which already has additional incentives.
I thought the points races are online?

1669148628239.png

Nice that they are doing more for the 25th Anniversary than just the 3 cars, but I don't like that additional content is put behind the PS Plus subscription paywall. Hopefully not a sign of things to come. :irked:

I still would have preferred the city layout. Though, they could have combined the two.

The party lights and fireworks for the main menu give me slight hope there’ll be snow and more relaxed decorations throughout December.
Fantastic ideas with the city layout and snow. May I add more ideas, make the water move around and waves crashing into shore. And make the boats move against the waves. 👍

But be very careful, if they make the menu look too good, I may sit on my coach and stare at it all day and forget about the actual game. 🤣

Back