Gran Turismo 7 Booklet Confirms Ferrari F8 and F12, More Details on Car Dealers & Tuning

• Thread starter Famine
  • 210 comments
It's not a matter of whether you can buy one IRL with 0 mileage and/or if it'll have an impact on performance. It's a matter of being able to see how many miles I put on a car myself, not how many miles the game auto generates.
But wouldn't you just be able to calculate that regardless? For example, if you started with 37000 and drove it until 66000 you just deduct one from the other.

I guess it stands to reason that if you drive a car that is 25 years old it will have some mileage on the clock. Doubt you could buy a 1997 RX-7 with 0 miles on the clock. Not sure if having more miles on the clock will affect performance in-game anyway.
Maybe they can put an illicit odometer reset in the tuning shop so everyone can be happy 😊

Maybe they can put an illicit odometer reset in the tuning shop so everyone can be happy 😊
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

But wouldn't you just be able to calculate that regardless? For example, if you started with 37000 and drove it until 66000 you just deduct one from the other.
Maybe PD could add a "how many miles you drove in this car" stat next to the overall mileage stat, so I wouldn't have to carry around a calculator, pen, and paper just to keep track of how many miles I put on a car.

Last edited:
Maybe PD could add a "how many miles you drove in this car" stat next to the overall mileage stat, so I wouldn't have to carry around a calculator, pen, and paper just to keep track of how many miles I put on a car.
You don't need a calculator, pen and paper nowadays. You just use your phone 🤣

I think GT7 is going to be really good! I hope the credit gains aren't gonna be too low or high though. I really don't wanna see a Beginner Amalfi Rally Race replica, it made GT4 way too easy. I mean I hope they'll limit the selling values this time around to something good but not gigantic.

Huh, didn't notice they got TM and HSR swapped in that flyer.
View attachment 1101274
I really, really want to believe that all this "more than 300 post 2011 cars" thing is no more than a typo, and they actually meant to say 200, a number where it actually makes sense and gives pre-2011 cars a nice room to breathe. After seeing they've switched the High Speed Ring and Trial Mountain logos on this booklet, I'd take any other suspicious information very carefully.

I, myself, would be happy to have a slew of recent cars come in. I prefer them and there are many from the last 10 years that I would like to see in Gran Turismo, some of which, frankly, are even glaring omissions.

Both the 200 and 300 numbers could happen. If GT Sport's content is carrying over, entirely, then the 200 mark has already been hit.

If it's 300, actually, then we have quite a number of cars to see. Polyphony is known for low-balling its car counts, in announcements, to only the amount they can guarantee.

Also, it's worth considering that, since this game will require an internet connection for most of its features, Polyphony isn't worried about having a rigid deadline for content, before disc printing. They'll work on things, like more cars, all the way to launch and you'll update when you connect to play. The car count will likely keep growing all the way to launch.

I, myself, would be happy to have a slew of recent cars come in. I prefer them and there are many from the last 10 years that I would like to see in Gran Turismo, some of which, frankly, are even glaring omissions.

Both the 200 and 300 numbers could happen. If GT Sport's content is carrying over, entirely, then the 200 mark has already been hit.

If it's 300, actually, then we have quite a number of cars to see. Polyphony is known for low-balling its car counts, in announcements, to only the amount they can guarantee.

Also, it's worth considering that, since this game will require an internet connection for most of its features, Polyphony isn't worried about having a rigid deadline for content, before disc printing. They'll work on things, like more cars, all the way to launch and you'll update when you connect to play. The car count will likely keep growing all the way to launch.
I think 430-450 cars is the most likely prediction at launch, with probably 150-230 extra cars with DLC's so we get 600-650 cars. That would be amazing!

Anyone know if GT7 will have pressure sensitive throttle (aka throttle/brake modulation) on the controllers, specifically on the PS4. The binary throttle on GT Sport is not really ideal. Apologies if this question has been asked already.

Anyone know if GT7 will have pressure sensitive throttle (aka throttle/brake modulation) on the controllers, specifically on the PS4. The binary throttle on GT Sport is not really ideal. Apologies if this question has been asked already.

The brakes and throttle are not binary in Sport. You get more or less depending upon how hard you press the triggers. Where do you people come up with this stuff? The same will apply to GT7.

The brakes and throttle are not binary in Sport. You get more or less depending upon how hard you press the triggers. Where do you people come up with this stuff? The same will apply to GT7.
Thanks for the non-useful information.

Who said anything about triggers? I am talking about driving old school with buttons, X to accelerate [] to brake. Get off your high horse and go read that pressure sensitive buttons were introduced in DualShock 2 controllers.

Edit: Added link, to Wiki.

Last edited:
Thanks for the non-useful information.

Who said anything about triggers? I am talking about driving old school with buttons, X to accelerate [] to brake. Get off your high horse and go read that pressure sensitive buttons were introduced in DualShock 2 controllers.

Edit: Added link, to Wiki.

You asked if the controller has pressure sensitive throttle. It does via the triggers. Neither the PS4 or PS5 controller have pressure sensitive face buttons so no GT7 can't support a hardware feature that doesn't exist.

You asked if the controller has pressure sensitive throttle. It does via the triggers. Neither the PS4 or PS5 controller have pressure sensitive face buttons so no GT7 can't support a hardware feature that doesn't exist.
Thank you for that useful information, as I had stated I wasn't sure if it was still the case. Not all of us have the means to buy PS5 or a steering wheel, and some actually play the same way since GT1. Don't be so amped up man, it is a forum to ask questions. Happy Holidays to you and be Merry.

It's not a matter of whether you can buy one IRL with 0 mileage and/or if it'll have an impact on performance. It's a matter of being able to see how many miles I put on a car myself, not how many miles the game auto generates.
Yep, I also think every car should have the results history attached to it. Much like how you can see wins against each car, except better. Would cost almost nothing to implement and would be a nice feature which ties into their supposed ownership ethos

A stat with, “Once owned by Lewis Hamilton” or “Alexander Albon”, would be a cool find. Even if they never really played through the game. :sly:

Kaz mentioned, during COVID, he would drive on the Tokyo expressway every night. Wonder if that’s what Music Rally is: cruising to music on the expressway.

Kaz mentioned, during COVID, he would drive on the Tokyo expressway every night. Wonder if that’s what Music Rally is: cruising to music on the expressway.

I believe it's called Music Rally so I assume it's away to spice up rally races which have fewer cars on track.

Last edited:
Could be like Outrun. Could be like the past Point A to B time trial. Could be like Sierra.
What would having music play during a rally, be different from leaving the BGM on during any type of racing? Weird one.
I think Kaz would be the one to introduce Music Rally, but maybe we get a sneak peek during the Taipei video.

Could be like Outrun. Could be like the past Point A to B time trial. Could be like Sierra.
What would having music play during a rally, be different from leaving the BGM on during any type of racing? Weird one.
I think Kaz would be the one to introduce Music Rally, but maybe we get a sneak peek during the Taipei video.

Could be like a rhythm game where you're expected to hit the brake, handbrake, drift, accelerate at certain points along with the music like Space Channel 5 or something. I can't imagine it just being BGM as long as like you said that's no different than any other race.

I can't imagine it just being BGM as long as like you said that's no different than any other race.
Once upon a time nobody would have imagined that you could create an entire mode out of what is fundamentally taking screenshots, yet here we are.

To be clear, Scapes/Photo Mode is fine, but we shouldn't assume that just because an idea sounds simple it couldn't be made into an entire mode by itself. A mode where you drive to music is no more bonkers than a mode where you take photos of a car.

Back