Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

I came here to check for this bug, looks like I'm not the only one.
I'm on standard PS4 and replay photo-mode has crashed only when taking night pictures.
Standar PS4 and digital copy, crashes every time, no matter circuit or time of the day.
If a save the repeat and watch it from the showroom, i´m able to take photos sometimes but crashes a lot too.
this bug comes with the 1.09 patch

Standar PS4 and digital copy, crashes every time, no matter circuit or time of the day.
If a save the repeat and watch it from the showroom, i´m able to take photos sometimes but crashes a lot too.
this bug comes with the 1.09 patch
I play with a digital copy too.
I haven't used replay photo-mode very much but it failed only when it was night and with high resolution on.
I'm sure of it because at night-time I took a lot of low-res photos and it never crashed, but as soon as I switched to high-res it always crashes even without changing any camera setting. (I hope I've been clear enough 😅)

I play with a digital copy too.
I haven't used replay photo-mode very much but it failed only when it was night and with high resolution on.
I'm sure of it because at night-time I took a lot of low-res photos and it never crashed, but as soon as I switched to high-res it always crashes even without changing any camera setting. (I hope I've been clear enough 😅)
I try low res, but I even reinstall the entire game and don't work

Livery Editor issue

When I duplicate a decal on to the opposite side of a car, then try and replace it the decal does not update on the car. The correct decal is shown in the decals list but the one on the car remains the original one I duplicated.

When I try to save the livery the game just hangs at 0% Rendering and I have to restart the game.

Disappointed to see that the Race photos issue (crashing the game on PS4 Slim) is not resolved. Basically I can only take pictures in race replays at 'Medium' resolution, otherwise the game dies.

Livery editor: had an issue yesterday with decals going awry as I scroll through the list of applied decals. Ultimately fixes itself, but a bit weird.

One thing I only really noticed when doing some tuning is the Plymouth Superbird does not have working Traction Control, you can turn it on to any level and it simply does not activate.

Car audio still cutting in and out during replays from external/ trackside cameras views, when there's more than 2 vehicles.

Also still audio problems and missing sounds from Pit stops.
No pit entry alarm, and missing sounds from wheel changes and compressed air Jack's etc.

Not sure if it is ok to post this here but I believe I have found an actual bug in the penalty system.
The bug is, if a player forces another off and they ghost, so the player going off was driven through and put off by a ghost the system thinks it has to attribute a penalty and will give that penalty to another vehicle close by even if not the cause or directly involved.

This is what I posted on fb...
I am confused and want to drive fairly so want to know what I did wrong so I can ensure I don’t do it again…
I have posted the video below but my take is.
I was behind a tussle between 2 cars (black and blue) where the black and blue ones ghosted, with the black one driving through the blue and the blue one went off track. My name is Sula in the video btw, I was following at a safe distance behind.
I stayed on track and drove relatively cleanly around the corner…
The blue car rejoined track, potentially unsafe as they collided with me a little but I held it despite things and I had the momentum from driving the corner…
I was then flagged with a 3 second penalty… apparently for forcing a car off track.
I didn’t force anyone off track.
The only thing I can think of, unless someone can correct me is…
There is a glitch with the game in that if a car ghosts whilst forcing another car off track the system errors and gives the penalty to a not ghosted car that is nearby…, me in this case.
I know it is a stretch but it is all I can think.
If it is a glitch I will attempt to report it.. if not, I will try and drive better in future
🙂

I have had a good look, but if it is a glitch / bug then I cannot work out how to report it so that it can be fixed....

Video of event

Last edited:
Just ran into a completely game breaking bug while doing the first of The Human Comedy Mission Races.

I was nearly 2 laps ahead of the AI, I went to pit with around 15 mins left to switch to Inters and it just warped me onto the front straight past the finish line. I tried again to pit, once again warped around the track and then it just completely stopped counting laps for me after that. Both times where it teleported me I wasn't scored with completing the lap either. Basically means the race was impossible to complete because I couldn't pit, nor even get scored for laps completed.
I'm partially having this issue for the first time ever, paused the race to document it because I remembered this post.

WTC600 at Tokyo, the infamous Tomahawk race. I had just served a wall contact penalty, had lightly accelerated then was like 'ah whatever' and decided to coast into the pit lane since I'm bored, and I needed to pit for tyres and fuel. As I'm just about to enter the pit lane, unexpectedly I'm rear ended by another car entering the pits and pitched into a spin and my car ghosts as it crosses the line that would usually trigger pit animation. However instead of triggering the pit sequence, it resets me onto the main straight between pit entry and the finish line... but it thinks I just pitted and am on my out lap. I tried reversing then entering the pits, but just get reset to the same point again between pit entry and the start/finish line (where mid-field for a grid start would be). I intended to pit end of lap 8, it says I'm on lap 8, yet it has logged a time for lap 8 of --:--.--- as a pit in lap on the right, a lap 9 time of the same is flashing above, and says out lap above the time centre screen. Crossing the line changes the counter to lap 9, replaces the time logged for lap 8 (now nearly 3 minutes), and I'm still on the out lap and lap 9 according to the display. Through all this I've inexplicably used no fuel, the only thing that meant I didn't run out during lap 9. At end of lap 9, my 'out lap', it allows me to pit as normal and I emerge on lap 10 and everything is otherwise normal again. Very weird.

Another Race/replay photomode bug...

Selected the preset 'From Photo' option while setting up a race photo and the game has crashed yet again.

GT7 has now crashed on me more times than every other PS4 game combined.

“Wheely Good Fun” trophy. It’s awarded for 10 sets of wheels at GT Auto.

Except when it isn’t.

Here’s a guess. Maybe wheels purchased as a result of applying Styles miss out on being counted.

FFF5367B-DC44-443D-AED2-A16829FDFC2A.jpeg

422BAD30-805A-492B-8CD8-C9EF71BF5EE7.jpeg

Edit. Here’s a shout out to “Xaminator” who created the base style for this Mach 1. I have enjoyed messing around with their creativity and hard work.

Last edited:
Bumper view, always. Did you change any of your sound settings? Only setting I changed was to turn off all the music during races and replays.
Basically the same here.
Which car(s) do you hear the blowoff valves from? My R32 and R33 are both silent in the bov department. Spooling and engine sounds I can hear but zero bov. Both with mid range or high rpm turbo.
Seems to be mostly with race cars, e.g. the Castrol Supra GT500 '97.

I found the problem with the rear drive cars and the snap oversteer. It isn't the cars at all. It's the input not being transmitted to the car. In some cases, as in this video below, the input is stuck.

For some reason, some setting on the car affects the controller input. Maybe that's how they add to the feel of the game. In any event, in the video below, I am not giving the steering input that is being indicated. I actually have full lock happening at the entry to the hairpin, and I am counter steering the car as it spins. You can see the steering indicator snap to my input.

In a previous run, I had no throttle input and no steering input and the car just kept spinning. I thought I was PITT's at first, then I watched the replay. I did a second run, and the same thing happened, but I hit the car next to me, and then when the car cleared, the spin continued. No amount of opposite input helped.

This video is the third run. I am countering the understeer and oversteer, but the input is not being applied to the car. If you go into the setting and change stuff, it affects how the input are being affects, but it doesn't really fix it.

EDIT - Ya, I confirmed it with the Boss 429

Boss 429 - Widebody, wide tires, wide stance, racing suspension, and adjustable diff. I tested on SS tires, but I don't believe that makes much of a difference. I even set the suspension and diff to default settings. I used Laguna, but again, I don't think it matters. For testing do not adjust the default settings. Some changes make the issue better, and some make it MUCH worse. PS4 with DS4.

Basically, cross the line, go over the hill, and navigate the hairpin. Notice the steering input indicator relative you your controller input. The car will maintain a turn, even though you may be applying no turn, or even counter steering.

I suspect this is at the root of all the "physics" issues, and it may be at the root of some people's performance changes in Sport Mode. I've often felt like the car wasn't turning.

EDIT 2 - I think it has something to do with giving the player a feeling of weight transfer through a buffer on controller input. It's not just ride height, because I can make it better by going lower, and then make it worse again by going lower still. I can also make it worse by raising it, and then fiddling with the diff.

Last edited:
Maybe not a "bug" but still worth noting.
I'm not sure when this happened.... probably with the same patch, that reduced the smoke and amount during gameplay. They have also downgraded some track details on some tracks.
Most noticable is the absence of the little things (cones, sticks, small stones) on Trial Mountain, which are now visible only in 30fps mode (replay and photo mode) but at launch they were also visible during 60fps scenes and gameplay.

Is the PS4 only issue reported of the game crashing if you happen to go and look at My Content > News Feed and then view a picture/decal/livery etc.

The game freezes immediately and the only way to generate an error report is to close the game which causes the full crash notification and report by Sony.

Don't see it mentioned anywhere in the Known Issues but kinda annoying if like me you sometimes go view friends content after a race and you have not returned to the world map.

If there is any fix for this (other than not lookiing at stuff) do let me know!

The issue does not happen on the PS5 hence it caught me out when playing on my PS4 this morning....

Last edited:
For some reason if I go to GTAuto and select Edit livery and pick a design, the preview image is missing. This is true even if deleting the save game data and syncing from the cloud. Going into the livery editor and saving them brings back the image but it is poor.

Hi, new on the forums and have been playing gt7 on ps5 since launch. Just wanted to ask, is anyone getting noticeably worse performance than expected? I’ve seen a few people call this out online but it’s clearly not widespread. I see significant frame drops in corners on most tracks during races…. It’s actually at its worst when doing anything where your ghost is displayed close to your car.

At a bit if a loss, all other ps5 games run great, reinstalling didn’t change anything… downloaded the PS4 version which runs flawlessly but the visual cuts are too much to bear really - just curious what other peoples experience is.
I came here to scroll through and see if my issue was happening to others as well.

24hr Leman will have issues rendering the rain drying and pavement will look like shaders and textures are being loaded. This has gradually been getting worse over the course of last week.

First race in human comedy using Praiano tune. I started experiencing drop frames and lag entering the braking area of turn 4 as soon as the rain is starting to show on the edge of the weather radar. As rain falls more the lag/choppy frame rate gets worse and more noticeable. And this is only happening as I’m entering turn 4.

Than the coup de grace is, as the rain starts drying the second round of rain the game will freeze completely around 10-15 min left in the race.

Have repeated this issue multiple times to confirm. Also deleted and reinstalled. Hasn’t crashed but still lags. Haven’t rebuilt yet, will try next.

Using dd pro on ps5 disk edition.

Hah that’s cool, if it will snap, then GT7 isn’t accurate as I‘ve been going far beyond 180😀

But doesn’t the stock R32 go even faster than that? Why does it stop there then?
My guess is probably because of regulations in the domestic market.

The Japanese government has looked askance at fast cars. By limiting the speedometer of this car to "only" 180, that might have discouraged some street racers from trying it out on public roads for bragging rights.

This is only a guess.

I have had 5 races back to back where a car refused to pit. Racing the LeMans 30 minute race 3 times, it was the Viper and the Spa 1 hour race it was the AMG GT3 the first time and the Lexus RC F GT3 the next. I think it's really whoever happens to be in second when pit stops happen.

UPDATE: Retarting my game seems to have fixed this issue.

Last edited:
IA-2 License Test infinite loading

Been trying to start this license test and it will just never load. I’m on the base PS4 and have a disc copy. Anyone have any workarounds?

Last night, I entered the World Touring Car 800 race at Circuit de la Sarthe, which I won, I had set the fastest lap in the race. However, it was not listed; here's the screenshot for proof.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220512214222.jpg

The Goodwood glitch happens in lobbies whereby if you're in a race and pit then you appear stuck in the pits to outside observers while you leave the pits and continue racing.

Dont know if anyone else has this problem but after last update, I get a random save bug now. Wehn you try to save a livery, it just goes into a random endless spinning icon. It never saves even after leaving it on for hours. Livery it then lost and you cant even load it if you have it saved in styles. Sick of losing my liveries over an over again with other bugs as well. Between the disappearing livery bug for a few months ago and now this latest save bug, I've had it with PD's online experiment. Nothing like losing a livery after spending days making it. Cant be sure now if my work will be saved.

Im taking a long break from this nightmare of a game.

Last night, I entered the World Touring Car 800 race at Circuit de la Sarthe, which I won, I had set the fastest lap in the race. However, it was not listed; here's the screenshot for proof.
View attachment 1149739
If the point at which the time starts counting on lap 1 isn't the same line where the lap ends, as it is for some circuits, the first lap will no longer be counted since the last update because the distance is shorter. See, for example, the 'new' Spa 24h layout where the start is after the first corner, but the lap ends before it in the usual spot.

Back