Gran Turismo 7 Car & Track List Prediction

• Thread starter Razamataz
  • 650 comments
Would be really surprised to not see the 2016 Viper ACR in GT7. I remember the 2008 ACR in Gran Turismo 5 was one of the most popular cars in online servers, specifically because you could tune it to have 1000+ horsepower (which I'm assuming this car would have the same ability, because the power numbers are identical and the engine is basically exactly the same). Mixed with Racing Slicks, and the massive aerobits, it was an absolute monster and a dream platform for tuners.
2016-dodge-viper-acr-front-top-angle-2-1500x1000.jpg

oh yes! I would love it, and I would love to see older ACR as well ;)

I think that the Toyota C+Pod will be in GT7. It is a kei car, Japanese and it is a Toyota. Also, i believe that PD will add many kei cars like Daihatsu cars, Autozam AZ1...
(I don't put a photo of the C+Pod because i don't know how put a photo :dunce:)

I think that the Toyota C+Pod will be in GT7. It is a kei car, Japanese and it is a Toyota. Also, i believe that PD will add many kei cars like Daihatsu cars, Autozam AZ1...
(I don't put a photo of the C+Pod because i don't know how put a photo :dunce:)

Yeah and don't forget suzuki alto works and midget

It's the standard way of doing a 3D scan of anything.
Not necessarily anymore. Those laser scanner gun things are immensely accurate. The models would need refining but theoretically you could can an entire car within an hour with nothing more than the light gun and a laptop with modelling software to import to in real time.

Edit: Does anybody have any idea how Forza models so many cars so quickly? They're pretty mediocre models so I wonder if this is their method.

Much earlier in the thread somebody mentioned Glickenhaus. While the P4/5 may not be able to make it into the game, Glickenhaus currently makes several other of their own cars that could, all of which would be excellent additions.

As for Road Atlanta and IMSA, DPI cars would make a great addition. IMO, they should call them GR2 and add some LMP2 cars, and move Super GT somewhere else. Or they could make GR2 a multi-class, since apparently Super GT, DPI, and LMP2 actually run similar lap times. As for IMSA GTO, I think they would make fine competition for GR3.

Last edited:
Not necessarily anymore. Those laser scanner gun things are immensely accurate. The models would need refining but theoretically you could can an entire car within an hour with nothing more than the light gun and a laptop with modelling software to import to in real time.

Edit: Does anybody have any idea how Forza models so many cars so quickly? They're pretty mediocre models so I wonder if this is their method.

Much earlier in the thread somebody mentioned Glickenhaus. While the P4/5 may not be able to make it into the game, Glickenhaus currently makes several other of their own cars that could, all of which would be excellent additions.

As for Road Atlanta and IMSA, DPI cars would make a great addition. IMO, they should call them GR2 and add some LMP2 cars, and move Super GT somewhere else. Or they could make GR2 a multi-class, since apparently Super GT, DPI, and LMP2 actually run similar lap times. As for IMSA GTO, I think they would make fine competition for GR3.

Forza outsources car models

Given that Motorsport Games has an exclusive licence for Le Mans/FIA WEC games for the next ten years, this seems like the least safe prediction ever made. What's your reasoning behind this prediction?

You sure its exclusive I hope not!!!

If so will you give me permission to rage it!!!

Lemans and its cars are too big to be exclusive!!

Even if motorsport gets the licence I dont think lemans and the cars will be locked I only think the name 24 Hours of Lemams will be locked. I hope im not proven wrong.

Gt7 comes around 2022 or it might delayed perfect for PD to bring the car in the game as standard or maybe as DLC.

Last edited:
You sure its exclusive I hope not!!!

If so will you give me permission to rage it!!!

Lemans and its cars are too big to be exclusive!!
"Ten-year exclusive license for video games ... based upon the iconic 24 Hours of Le Mans and FIA World Endurance Championship"
Even if motorsport gets the licence I dont think lemans and the cars will be locked I only think the name 24 Hours of Lemams will be locked. I hope im not proven wrong.
If other games can have the cars and tracks of the WEC, it wouldn't be a very exclusive licence would it? What would be the point of getting an exclusive licence if you could put together a grid of LMHs and race them for 24 hours at Le Mans, or six hours at Spa, Fuji, or Monza, in another game?
Gt7 comes around 2022 or it might delayed perfect for PD to bring the car in the game as standard or maybe as DLC.
The fact that this is a 2023 car, and GT7 is planned for 2022, doesn't seem like a good basis for a prediction that it'll be in GT7. If that were the case, you could "predict" that any 2022-2024 car would be in GT7. It's not a prediction; there's no reasoning to it.

In fact knowing that the car will only compete in a series to which a different developer has an exclusive licence seems like a good basis for predicting that it won't be in GT7. Or GT8. Maybe GT9, given that it's a ten-year exclusive licence (although it's also a rolling licence, so maybe not).

I imagine we may end up with a situation similar to F1 where other devs will be able to directly license cars from the manufacturer but they won't be able to race other cars as that will violate the exclusive license.

So we may get one or two cars and the tracks, but no racing them against each other. At best. At worst, nothing at all.

If other games can have the cars and tracks of the WEC, it wouldn't be a very exclusive licence would it? What would be the point of getting an exclusive licence if you could put together a grid of LMHs and race them for 24 hours at Le Mans, or six hours at Spa, Fuji, or Monza, in another game?

The fact that this is a 2023 car, and GT7 is planned for 2022, doesn't seem like a good basis for a prediction that it'll be in GT7. If that were the case, you could "predict" that any 2022-2024 car would be in GT7. It's not a prediction; there's no reasoning to it.

In fact knowing that the car will only compete in a series to which a different developer has an exclusive licence seems like a good basis for predicting that it won't be in GT7. Or GT8. Maybe GT9, given that it's a ten-year exclusive licence (although it's also a rolling licence, so maybe not).

Not just Lemans that can get locked even Spa, Monza and Fuji.

If so how ridiculous. Well GT7 could get released in 2022 or it could get delayed you never know to be honest. So my prediction of the Ferrari Hypercar is not so far off.

Since Lemans most likely will be exclusive that means my prediction got thrown out the window.

Ridiculous with these dumb exclusive licences. I hope a sub licence is possible.

Last edited:
Not just Lemans that can get locked even Spa, Monza and Fuji.

If so how ridiculous.
Spa, Fuji, and Monza would be responsible for their own licensing, so could appear in any game. ACO is responsible for Le Mans licensing, and the fact that ACO has agreed exclusivity with MG strongly suggests that Le Mans will only appear in these official games.

It would be a very similar case for the cars which only appear in WEC too. As they're only part of WEC and WEC is exclusively licensed to the new games from MG (entries will sign over a portion of image rights to organisers, for promotional purposes including games), they'll likely only appear in these official games.

Aside from sub-licensing (like with Forza and Porsche, during the EA exclusivity era) it seems unlikely that these cars will appear in other games - and as @Samus points out, it's unlikely to be more than one or two (given PD's relationships, the GR010 is the most likely). If MG has this exclusive agreement, it won't want players racing all five WEC entries against each other on WEC circuits and emulating WEC games in other people's games.

Spa, Fuji, and Monza would be responsible for their own licensing, so could appear in any game. ACO is responsible for Le Mans licensing, and the fact that ACO has agreed exclusivity with MG strongly suggests that Le Mans will only appear in these official games.

It would be a very similar case for the cars which only appear in WEC too. As they're only part of WEC and WEC is exclusively licensed to the new games from MG (entries will sign over a portion of image rights to organisers, for promotional purposes including games), they'll likely only appear in these official games.

Aside from sub-licensing (like with Forza and Porsche, during the EA exclusivity era) it seems unlikely that these cars will appear in other games - and as @Samus points out, it's unlikely to be more than one or two (given PD's relationships, the GR010 is the most likely). If MG has this exclusive agreement, it won't want players racing all five WEC entries against each other on WEC circuits and emulating WEC games in other people's games.

All I can say is shame. Aco betrayed us by doing this deal.

I hope they enjoy the dollars while us customers get screwed.

On that thing, do you think PD might remove the existing Gr.1 cars (mainly the 2010s ones) altogether from GT7?

On that thing, do you think PD might remove the existing Gr.1 cars (mainly the 2010s ones) altogether from GT7?
It's absolutely a possibility - who knows if ACO/WEC has signed over rights to historic machines to create various additional game modes beyond the current FIA WEC season?

I'd suspect not though; it seems more likely that the older the car, the more likely the manufacturer/team entry holds image rights rather than ACO/WEC (or whoever has the rights to WSC now, etc.) and that'd become a case-by-case basis.

It's absolutely a possibility - who knows if ACO/WEC has signed over rights to historic machines to create various additional game modes beyond the current FIA WEC season?

I'd suspect not though; it seems more likely that the older the car, the more likely the manufacturer/team entry holds image rights rather than ACO/WEC (or whoever has the rights to WSC now, etc.) and that'd become a case-by-case basis.

Thanks for explaining this all I guess future racing games will kiss lemans goodbye.

What a shame to be honest I really thought after the Porsche debacle this sort of thing wont happen again I guess im naive.

Thanks for explaining this all I guess future racing games will kiss lemans goodbye.

What a shame to be honest I really thought after the Porsche debacle this sort of thing wont happen again I guess im naive.
You never know, MG might not be so guarded with its licenses as EA was. I just wouldn't hold out any hope on that basis - and I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to predict any LMH/LMDh cars outside of relevant MG titles.

You never know, MG might not be so guarded with its licenses as EA was. I just wouldn't hold out any hope on that basis - and I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to predict any LMH/LMDh cars outside of relevant MG titles.
704Games (then DMR, now part of MG) did say "exclusive" when they got their NASCAR license - and NASCAR was in Forza titles that came around the same time NASCAR Heat 3/4 came out so there might be a precedent. (And of course, there's iRacing, but that's more of an experience thing rather than annual/seasonal content)

(Also when you're at it, do you know about the DTM license situation? People have said RaceRoom has exclusivity to it, but only with the release of the 2020 DTM pack they explicitly said that)

I'm not 100% clued in on this, but what if this license is similar to what Assetto Corsa has with the SRO in that it's to use the official branding. As far as I know, ACC didn't stop other titles from having GT3 or GT4 cars, as well as circuits visited by GTWC etc. Plus you'd think that with Polyphony's ties with the FIA itself (the sanctioning body of WEC) that they'd still be able to have access to cars and tracks from WEC?

Again I'm not fully sure on any of this.

Last edited:
If PD haven't got official GT3 /GT4/WEC cars between 2017-2020(I think we can be sure of a new Toyota LMP), while GT7 was in early development, I don't think we'll see many current models.

I mean, we definitely won't be getting a new Porsche and Audi LMP. Maybe LMP 2 will be the next biggest thing. Reason being, if PD have to build fantasy prototypes, that's going to take a long time for them.
Utilising real prototypes, might be quicker to prepare.

Any thoughts on what Vision GT's we can expect?

So far we can look forward to:

1. Lamborghini VGT
2. Jaguar VGT Race Mode (someone correct me on this)
3. Porsche VGT

Anything else? What other major manufacturers are still yet to appear in game? Weren't Ford supposed to do something?

Any thoughts on what Vision GT's we can expect?

So far we can look forward to:

1. Lamborghini VGT
2. Jaguar VGT Race Mode (someone correct me on this)
3. Porsche VGT

Anything else? What other major manufacturers are still yet to appear in game? Weren't Ford supposed to do something?
Cadillac vgt? Razamataz.

Back