Gran Turismo 7 Could be PlayStation 5 Launch Title, Says Official PS Magazine

To be honesty, i dont think amazon would tell this date if it wasnt true, there is no reason to change it from 31.12.2021 if they dont have any other information.

Yeah it's not a launch title. GT7 hasn't gone gold, no disks are being printed.
Are you sure or if PD/Sony tells us this? Until this week we hadnt known the psp ui, so for example Thais could be a secret with later Communication, too.

Last edited:
Would be interesting how many digital:disc PS5s have been pre-ordered. Have any games launced digitally before disc versions?

To be honesty, i dont think amazon would tell this date if it wasnt true, there is no reason to change it from 31.12.2021 if they dont have any other information.
In history, Amazon was mostly right in Release Dates, i would say other store Arendt so reliable

If the article is right: Amazon is just a marketplace for the products. The release dates are managed by the ERP/CMS/whatever which Sony is using.

Mid October with no word, no promotion, nothing at all for months, and people still think it could release in 2020? A major first party AAA title?
Don't insult GT by calling it AAA. It's never gone done the gambling machanics route AAA games are renowned for.

How long is needed for pre release hype in this era of unsociable media? One month? Two?

And no. That doesn't mean I expect it 2020.

Last edited:
Don't insult GT by calling it AAA. It's never gone done the gambling machanics route AAA games are renowned for.

How long is needed for pre release hype in this era of unsociable media? One month? Two?

You mean loot boxes?

Jerome

So I wasn't aware that the developers of Horizon Forbidden West said in an official video that they are aiming to release the game in 2021.
That fact should make it clear that this is just an error.

No GT7 on release

It's ok, they'll got microtransactions to make up for it! Don't you worry, they'll be meeting the same end-road those other AAA's are ending up at;)

Last edited:

It's still a AAA title. Nowhere says a AAA title has to have loot boxes.

Are you sure or if PD/Sony tells us this? Until this week we hadnt known the psp ui, so for example Thais could be a secret with later Communication, too.
Yes I'm sure. As soon as GT7 goes gold it will be all over this site.

Last edited:
...Um, yeah, I'm gonna have to repeat what others have said already. I mean, come on, seriously? We only got one trailer, back in June, and you're expecting it to be a day-one launch title? I mean, we haven't heard any more info on its track list, car list, etc. Heck, not even a single sample of any new songs Daiki Kasho may have (and that's what I'm looking forward to the most, not gonna lie)...

Until Sony says something, it's wise not to trust any of those dates from retailers. So... patience, guys? Yeah? lol

And yet the loot box has become synonymous with third party AAA games...
Loot boxes are just a mechanic, they have nothing to do with the game being considered a AAA title or not. Arguably far more budget games have loot box mechanics than AAA games. Look at all the free to play games out there that lean on them heavilly.

A AAA title is a game with high budgets for development and marketing where the expectation is it will be a high quality, high sales volume title. It has nothing to do with loot boxes at all.

Loot boxes are just a mechanic, they have nothing to do with the game being considered a AAA title or not. Arguably far more budget games have loot box mechanics than AAA games. Look at all the free to play games out there that lean on them heavilly.

A AAA title is a game with high budgets for development and marketing where the expectation is it will be a high quality, high sales volume title. It has nothing to do with loot boxes at all.
They originated on free to play games and have been taken up by AAA trash from third party publishers and are a fundamental reason for the horrible grindfest passing as gameplay loops these days. PlayStation players sticking to first party games misses most of what goes on elsewhere.

Yeah it's not a launch title. GT7 hasn't gone gold, no disks are being printed.

yap, people still believe in ferytales.

and NO SONY DOES NOT MAKE AMAZON LISTINGS.

Cmon guys, use your brains and think twice.

GT7 has no „gold status“ - nuff said.

Last edited:
So, if GT7 would be relesed this year WHY they are NOT Promoting it.
They are no Commercials or Ads at all.
And we are only a Month away from the Console release...

They originated on free to play games and have been taken up by AAA trash from third party publishers and are a fundamental reason for the horrible grindfest passing as gameplay loops these days. PlayStation players sticking to first party games misses most of what goes on elsewhere.
Yeah they're all over the place, any they're horrible, I agree, but they don't define a game as being a AAA title or not. The budget behind the game and it's marketing is the primary determining factor behind that. Loot crates can (and do) appear in all types of games.

Why promote? We buy it anyway or not? :-D

Because the majority of people are casual gamers who don't use fansites for each game series they play. There will certainly be a large number of potential buyers who right now don't even know GT7 exists.

Because the majority of people are casual gamers who don't use fansites for each game series they play. There will certainly be a large number of potential buyers who right now don't even know GT7 exists.

Yeah, i know. It was more a joke. Never mind. I think you are all right with the release 2021 or later. But you know... there is always 0.001% hope for 2020 ;-)

I cant stop wondering why people think online stores have some secret information on release dates. Ive been working in this business for the past 15 years, and I can tell the information on retail and wholesale is the same best guess based on official news from manufacturers/publishers as any other. Release dates and deliveries change until the last moment - a day or two before sales. These online preorder release dates serve one purpose - to get the money from the customer before the competitors.

Truth is that most of the time no one knows. Not even the publishers - and when one "knows" its in general knowlege within hours these days.

Last edited:
Back