Gran Turismo 7 Could be PlayStation 5 Launch Title, Says Official PS Magazine

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 29, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

ProjectF, Aero2000, fortbo and 6 others like this.
  2. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

This would pretty much save the PS5 launch for me... or the whole xmas season for that matter. But honestly i think this is very, very unlikely.

3. GingerBredMan

GingerBredMan

After GT Sport, I'm really not excited about this game. So far what I've seen would imply that GT7 is really just GTS with a proper career mode, and the original tracks that they stripped out of GTS.

4. ShawnPhillips

ShawnPhillips

If true, instant Preorder for PS5 and GT7 for me.

5. Nowax

Nowax

OOOOhhh that's some good neewss!! I hope Polyphony doesn't delay (as usual) the game.

6. Auto motors

Auto motors

7. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

Skip to 4:56. GT7 image at 5:20.

forzaturismo likes this.
  8. Famine

Famine Administrator

Yeah, but it's a nothingburger - retailers make guesses like that all the time.

Also, yes, I did send my wife out to buy a copy of the mag so you could all see it in the article...

20200729_180815.jpg

9. MroczMR

MroczMR

If so... I will buy PS5 day one.

10. juanffy18

juanffy18

If i very optimistic this is not a christmas title, maybe release april or may 2021.
    The christmas titles for PS5 are Spiderman and Cyberpunk

11. Deano-gt

Deano-gt

Has GT ever truly been out at a console launch? I'm not going prologue or demo but a full title.

BasherB59 likes this.
  12. Volksauto

Volksauto

The closest GT has ever come to being a launch game is Gran Turismo HD in December 2006. A month after the PS3’s launch.

13. Zlork

Zlork

I hope, fingers crossed :D !

14. Nowax

Nowax

Like @Volksauto said, Gran Turismo HD. This game is being made on SSD so development should be much more faster.

Ddkklop and Volksauto like this.
  15. Deano-gt

Deano-gt

Ah yes, and it was released in Japan first. Wife "Let me get this straight, you just spent $75 USD to purchase a $50 yen playstation gift card and set up a Japan account to download a game?" "First, it's not just a game it's Gran Turismo"

16. Greatbee

Greatbee

WOW!

17. Tornado

Tornado

Gran Turismo HD, the full game showed at E3 2005 with a trailer under the Vision Gran Turismo name and extensively displayed at E3 2006, had already been cancelled by the time the PS3 came out. It absolutely was not a full title as released in December of 2006, even if you wanted to argue the controversial game it was supposed to be in the end (which was basically Sony trying to leverage the series' good will to become a cell phone game) would have been or not.

The closest PD got to a launch game was GT3, which was supposed to be a launch game for markets where the PS2 was released a little later than the US, but ended up being pushed back to just outside the launch window (or a year afterward in Japan).

The game being on a system that will have an SSD won't change how fast the game's development will take. Being on hardware similar to the PS4 is what could make the difference.

18. JTB10000

JTB10000

I'm kind of hoping GT7 isn't a launch title so they'd work on it more. With only a few months separating the trailer and the supposed release, what we've seen is probably close to what we're going to get if it's true. That being a GTS port essentially. Maybe they used a build way behind their progress in June that just used GTS assets for stability reasons or something?

Only up until this year GTS seems to have had a lot of PD's attention so I don't see them making much progress in a whole new game at the same time. I know multitasking is a thing but with PD's staff numbers and historically slow development times, this rumored launch window just doesn't line up well to me.

19. ShawnPhillips

ShawnPhillips

GT6 launched about a month after the PS4, except it was still on the PS3. Still annoys me that happened. I don't care most of the car models where still using PS2 assets, would have payed to get a PS4 port of GT6 for a stable full 1080P with better AA.

20. Shingo_civic

Shingo_civic

This

iMatazzie likes this.
  21. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

Those who actually want GT7 to be delayed (geezus...), remind me. What's exactly wrong with it being a launch title and then updating it monthly like they have done with Sport?

KayX23, Skyline_R34, NosOsH and 11 others like this.
  22. Auto motors

Auto motors

I'd be fine if they release the game early on, and then update it through its life. It give people reason to come back to the game every once in a while if the ever get bored of it.

iMatazzie, GregDrou and SuperKlonoaGT like this.
  23. Faultier

Faultier

Are we playing the „could be“ game again :lol:

According to this magazine GT5 was back then also around the corner until Polyohony delayed it 2 times.

fikridroid and iMatazzie like this.
  24. snc

snc

nah, gt7 is for sure based on gt sport(with dynamic day/night, more cars on track, new cars/tracks and campaign) so earlier it release the more probable we still get gt8 on new engine on ps5 later :-)

iMatazzie likes this.
  25. astrarobotica

astrarobotica

This is the only announced game I will buy a PS5 for, meaning I'm not even excited for the console, but the game itself. Launch "window" would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

26. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Wasn't GT5 supposed to be a launch title?

27. TypeRDC5

TypeRDC5

Highly doubt it, although it would be a great system seller if available at launch.

I wont be picking up a ps5 until a price drop as I do with every system, usually this is somewhat down to no games which interest me at launch and I certainly never expected gt7 to release at launch.

fastone371, iMatazzie and LuxUltime like this.
  28. Auditore

Auditore

I'm expecting a early 2021 release,2020 release would be unexpected.

NitrogenQL likes this.
  29. Mixolydian

Mixolydian Premium

It's only unlikely if you look to the past.
    Here are some reasons why you could consider this to be true.....
    • GT Sport is basically the same game it was when it was released. Only new tracks and cars and some minor additions. So they had enough time to develop another game alongside.
    • It's easier to develop for PS5
    • They could not get the old tracks working in GTS, that's what Kaz said before. However, they decided to not implement them after a long while and still they are not in the game. That makes me believe that they stopped trying and instead took the change to further develop them for GT 7. There is a reason they immediately showed trial mountain.
    • GT Sport is integrated in the main menu of GT7
    • No announcements of incredibly increased graphics like before
    • Focus on speed instead of graphics
    • They had time enough!!!!!
    So it might be true. It's not a srrange idea to just believe it.

30. ivann

ivann

I hope it releases on ps4 pro
    they can delete ray-tracing and dynamic weather, no problem