Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,510 comments
I did the Abarth swap & it should be a good "Roll-a-thon" candidate. ;) Looking for a decent tune that will make this little rocket a contender, not a twitchy beast.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20221218142222.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20221218142222.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Why mini+k20 swap was impossible?
its impossible with the k20c1 because of the turbo, as long as you want the engine to stay at the front, if it was the regular k20a, with a little fabrication you can keep the stock looks, although im not sure if you can keep the stock wheel arches, but you can definitely keep the hood, however most people go with an elongated hood and call it a day since its cheaper and easier to do

Last edited:
its impossible with the k20c1 because of the turbo, as long as you want the engine to stay at the front, if it was the regular k20a, with a little fabrication you can keep the stock looks, although im not sure if you can keep the stock wheel arches, but you can definitely keep the hood, however must people go with an elongated hood and call it a day since its cheaper and easier to do
Everything is possible..
Check..
project binky

Doubt it. Many of us have dozens, if not hundred of engines saved up from the bonanza. Sorry to disappoint.
Lol no disappiontment bruv was said in jest. Didn't even know anything about a bonanza!, when was it? And what was it.
Happy christmas

Lol no disappiontment bruv was said in jest. Didn't even know anything about a bonanza!, when was it? And what was it.
Happy christmas
I learned about this a little while back; I was amazed how some people had 5/10 or even 20 copies of of 16 different engines.

The Bonanza everyone talks about ended with update 1.18… It was not an event, people became aware of a glitch that allowed them to repeatedly collect all the current engines released at that time, so many quickly took advantage of the situation and collected hundreds before PD caught the issue and patched it. Of course engines released after 1.18 aren’t part of their collections. Obviously it was not something they intended, and the opportunity will not likely arise again.

For more info, go back to the 1st post in this thread and click the BLUE link at the bottom below the list of engines that says “Spoiler, Now Defunct Engine Ticket Glitch”

When updates come out sometimes they are errors that can be taken advantage of.

The pic below is a small example,

Attachments

• 8630B8CF-1DEF-4863-89C9-FD9B1541FC90.png
    8630B8CF-1DEF-4863-89C9-FD9B1541FC90.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I did the Abarth swap & it should be a good "Roll-a-thon" candidate. ;) Looking for a decent tune that will make this little rocket a contender, not a twitchy beast.
I did this swap this evening. It's absolutely nuts 🤣 now to tweak the setup and try and make it turn corners without rolling

I did this swap this evening. It's absolutely nuts 🤣 now to tweak the setup and try and make it turn corners without rolling
These are my settings & it's better, but still a work in progress.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20221226084814.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20221226084814.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20221226084749.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20221226084749.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 26
The K20-swapped Abarth is truly a wild beast to handle. Like the GT7 equivalent of a Reliant Robin, with how much it enjoys flipping over. :lol:
I only wish I'd held some S cams from the bonanza days. That way, my 508 HP monster could've been 540 instead.

Look what I found in my daily roulette. The luck gods must have heard my cries of pain, and swooped in to help.

View attachment 1218695

Now the question remains: keep for next update, or shove in the Golf?
Tis' fun in golf. Throttle is literally a light switch-
Aim- throttle- go! By far the baddest FWD. 788hp, bov sounds like a squeeky toy, you will enjoy it!!!

I understand being hesitant on wasting it on another fwd car.(we already have the mini/k20)

I was lucky enough to win extra 1 to shelf, just in case they decide it goes in another chassis...

I've pretty much just kept it in a top speed tune for route X. Hits 301mph, turning leaves something to be desired though. It's fun for drags and rolls though.
Sounds spicy. I imagine it'd be a real handful to drive around a track though.

I learned about this a little while back; I was amazed how some people had 5/10 or even 20 copies of of 16 different engines.

The Bonanza everyone talks about ended with update 1.18… It was not an event, people became aware of a glitch that allowed them to repeatedly collect all the current engines released at that time, so many quickly took advantage of the situation and collected hundreds before PD caught the issue and patched it. Of course engines released after 1.18 aren’t part of their collections. Obviously it was not something they intended, and the opportunity will not likely arise again.

For more info, go back to the 1st post in this thread and click the BLUE link at the bottom below the list of engines that says “Spoiler, Now Defunct Engine Ticket Glitch”

When updates come out sometimes they are errors that can be taken advantage of.

The pic below is a small example,
Cheers bruv🤜🏻🤛🏽, explained better than anything released by GT7 hierarchy lol.

So I've been taking most of the engine swapped cars on top speed runs for my own reference, a couple of those videos are in this thread but thought you guys might like a better look at which swaps end up where in the pecking order:

Sheet link

Included some fast non-swapped cars for comparison. No surprises at a few of those higher spots but it's a shame I don't have all the special parts or the new swaps from the F40 and Countach :indiff:

Finally collected on my Skyline, BMW & Bugatti tickets. Bagged my first Rampage engine and a spare Enzo engine. Out the Rampage in the Amuse, good plug in and play but very fuel hungry. Hopefully there will be another Enzo swap in the future. 3rd ticket was a Lexus (Bonanza) engine so kept that for a reroll at the end of Jan, assuming we get an update. Getting nothing but 3* tickets all month for marathons though 😮‍💨

Back