Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,475 comments
So to buy only one engine of each type from previous updates is 15,106,405 credits.

The cost to purchase one engine for each available car the total goes to 27,304,460

I haven’t seen if there are any new ones (cars for previous engines or new engines) yet today or what they cost though.

I’m really happy that I held out for these features this update after it was mentioned awhile back. Rather than continue to buy the last handfuls $$$ cars I continued to build up and keep 100 million credits on hand and a couple million in tickets to open

EDIT:

BTW, can someone remind me what the deal is with the odometer when you drop in a new engine? Does a car with 50,000 miles start breaking down sooner? Just wondering when we have multiple copies which is the best to keep and the best to drop new engine in (high or low mileage)

Last edited:
So to buy only one engine of each type from previous updates is 15,106,405 credits.

The cost to purchase one engine for each available car the total goes to 27,304,460

I haven’t seen if there are any new ones (cars for previous engines or new engines) yet today or what they cost though.

I’m really happy that I held out for these features this update after it was mentioned awhile back. Rather than continue to buy the last handfuls $$$ cars I continued to build up and keep 100 million credits on hand and a couple million in tickets to open

Would be interesting to know how much of that expanded total is just the 787B engine as it has a long list of installable locations, but was also a Bonanza engine.

Modding a F40 with the enzo engine and a bunch of parts is not cheap 😅🤑. Safe to say did not buy the weight reduction stage 5 lol. Would have considered if it was 40-60 kgs for that price. 🤔(I have extra money to spend as you can see). This one will be an absolute rocketship, 850 friggin pp from a road car and no turbo bs, so easier to get the power down 😈💪. 333SP Le Mans livery and better than 1:1 power to weight ratio 😎. What a great update, probably gonna do some more driving now outside sport mode with all the possibilities now to build absolute monsters.🦖

Attachments

• IMG_20230525_142539843_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230525_142539843_HDR.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230525_142557517_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230525_142557517_HDR.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230525_142716575_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230525_142716575_HDR.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 15
And that makes 5:
  • Ruf CTR3 to 1995 Porsche 911 RS (new donor, new patient)
  • Porsche 911 RSR to Porsche 911 GT3 RS (old donor, new patient) CORRECTED
  • Mazda 787B to 1990 Mazda RX-7 (another old donor, new patient)
  • Mazda 787B to Mazda3 (same old donor, new patient)
  • Suzuki Escudo to Mitsubishi GTO (different old donor, new patient)

There's a new engine that goes into F40. Does that count? If so, there might be more than six swaps then.

That can't be right, though, as the 787B engine goes in 4x cars?

RX7 FC
RX7 FD
RX8
Mazda 3
I’m not aware of that, is that from today? This info is only what’s included on page 1 from last update, I was only aware of the the one RX7 and RX8.. Spending time going through all the cars today I haven’t seen any of the new stuff yet.

EDIT: however because its a live spreadsheet any additions will just automatically update when I hear about them and add it

Last edited:
Did some runs in the new swaps:

GTO/Escudo swap at 297mph:

RX7 GTX/787 swap at 287mph:

Porsche 911 Carrera/CTR3 Swap at 267mph:

Don't ask how many credits I spent on all the new upgrades and swaps :ouch:

Damn that GTO though. 😳 So happy that I understood to buy 3 of them, I can keep one stock while having Escudo monster and reg engine modded GTO.

Enzo engine in the F40 has existed for a couple of updates
You're completely right guys. I am an idiot and missed the F40 on my own spreedsheet that I've been using to keep track of which cars and engines I'm missing. It was there all along. Sorry :D

Best update so far, spent around 23mill on engine swaps on about 30 cars (all tuned to 700pp for leman). After playing the game once a week for around 20mins this year I can now do 30 races with engine swapped tuned cars for the next 2 months, just a pity it came 4 days before a 20 day over seas holiday, Sitting at 66mill after 89mill in the bank engine swap leman tunes should get me a bit over 90mill when raced all cars.

That it is, as well as the Tweet posted and the 1990 Mazda RX-7 posted. However, the Mazda 787B-to-Mazda3 (existing donor, new patient), Porsche 911 RSR-to-Porsche 911 GT3 RS (new donor, new patient) and Suzuki Escudo-to-Mitsubishi GTO (existing donor, new patient) are new for 1.34, as is the Mazda 787B-to-1990 Mazda RX-7 (thanks for the correction, @k20_Bones and @V8 Hilux - it's late even on the West Coast, and I'm still partially operating on Central Time).

That swap didn't make it to retail, and was replaced by the 964 engine shared with the Sambabus:
Is the engine for the 911 GT3 new? I thought the Gr3 Porsche engine could go into the 930 911.

I'll add the new swaps when I'm not in a field in Bedfordshire...
Sounds familiar, Andrew. Have a good rest of your vacation (as we ex-Colonials call it)/holiday (in the King's English - it's going to continue to be odd not calling it the Queen's English for quite a while).

Last edited:
Back