Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,505 comments
I can't believe it but being able to buy engine swaps reignited my will to play this game again. It's similar to the bonanza days. I kinda want to grind again just to try out these new swaps I missed.
Definitely, and grind we must, at least putting a million credits into an insane Mitsubishi build is more interesting than a 5% deposit on a McLaren F1.

Sorry guys, I need a little guidance so I’m gonna re-ask this question from yesterday again regarding cars’ odometers and swaps.

I have a number of doubles on some of the eligible cars, several of which are at 0 miles from rewards and some with 20-50k miles. Others may have reward car only with no miles and haven’t purchased a copy with more miles yet.

Are low mileage and reward cars best suited for swap or to keep original engine in?.
I’m under the impression swap doesn’t reset odometer so do high mileage cars cause swapped engine to deteriorate faster? OR, does that odometer on a swapped car only count towards body wear/repair and the engine begins new life at any odometer reading?

Hopefully this all hasn’t been too wordy to get across what I’m trying to ask.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help, guidance, input etc…

As Always, Much Appreciated

The R26B-787B is compatible with the RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90, I did not see it in the list?
I think it accidentally ended up under the other Mazda Engine section for the 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)
I believe during all the posts yesterday he mention was out of country. I assume it was just a slip from being busy with other stuff

Beside the swaps I like some of the new races. Some easy grinders if you want to spend 5-10 minutes of time on grinding.

Also a good way to try out the new cars while earning some cash back.

What I need for perfection is Sophy for custom and Single player racing. And well… B-Spec.

By the way big thanks to this thread. Will be a lot of Tuning and testing with new possibilities.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I need a little guidance so I’m gonna re-ask this question from yesterday again regarding cars’ odometers and swaps.

I have a number of doubles on some of the eligible cars, several of which are at 0 miles from rewards and some with 20-50k miles. Others may have reward car only with no miles and haven’t purchased a copy with more miles yet.

Are low mileage and reward cars best suited for swap or to keep original engine in?.
I’m under the impression swap doesn’t reset odometer so do high mileage cars cause swapped engine to deteriorate faster? OR, does that odometer on a swapped car only count towards body wear/repair and the engine begins new life at any odometer reading?

Hopefully this all hasn’t been too wordy to get across what I’m trying to ask.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help, guidance, input etc…

As Always, Much Appreciated

up to you. I swapped the new cars (0 mile from prize) like jeep, mazda rx7 fc, but some people like to make them mint as possible because they are one time only. i don't think the miles affects the engine. also the odometer cannot be reset in this game.

up to you. I swapped the new cars (0 mile from prize) like jeep, mazda rx7 fc, but some people like to make them mint as possible because they are one time only. i don't think the miles affects the engine. also the odometer cannot be reset in this game.
Thank you,

I have a small follow-up question. If the mileage only affects the body wear and NOT the life of a new swapped engine (like early repairs) is there any benefit for putting swap in the low (or 0) mile car then? That give’s me the impression that the low mileage would be only be desirable for the original engine then.

Am I missing something?

...OR, does that odometer on a swapped car only count towards body wear/repair and the engine begins new life at any odometer reading?...
Do the higher mileage cars suffer from body wear issues? Ie. if I buy a high mileage UCD car should I then be restoring body rigidity in GT Auto?? This is news to me...

Do the higher mileage cars suffer from body wear issues? Ie. if I buy a high mileage UCD car should I then be restoring body rigidity in GT Auto?? This is news to me...
sorry, I hope I haven’t got ahead of myself, let me back up a sec.

I read that high mileage cars often found in UCD may have to have an oil change right away or very soon. I’m only assuming with that information that it also applies to the body, as in maybe the car has already had one rigidity fix with “x” amount of miles on the car. This may not be the case.

Regarding fixing early: It was brought to my attention that things like engines degrade after a certain amount of oil changes, even if the miles are low (as in don’t change the oil prematurely). IIRC it was something like 4-5 oil changes lowers the engine one level and a certain number of engine fixes may prematurely lower the max recoverable hp and torque.

Personally, I would apply the same to rigidity and not fix unless the color indicator has changed showing there’s an issue. However, unlike oil/engine repairs, I don’t remember if there’s a certain number of rigidity fixes before some type of permanent degradation if that does indeed happen at some point.

I would suggest waiting to hear from someone to chime that experienced it directly though, I don’t want to steer you the wrong way

Your oil/body/engine all have things that mark them as excellent/normal/worn/bad. My understanding is once everything is excellent it doesn't need repair and I've never got something from the UCD with anything below excellent. Saying that I think I've fixed one cars body since I started playing and that had just dropped to normal, didn't even note any issues when I was driving it just popped up as normal when I was checking oil.

I read that high mileage cars often found in UCD may have to have an oil change right away or very soon. I’m only assuming with that information that it also applies to the body, as in maybe the car has already had one rigidity fix with “x” amount of miles on the car. This may not be the case.

Regarding fixing early: It was brought to my attention that things like engines degrade after a certain amount of oil changes, even if the miles are low (as in don’t change the oil prematurely). IIRC it was something like 4-5 oil changes lowers the engine one level and a certain number of engine fixes may prematurely lower the max recoverable hp and torque.

Personally, I would apply the same to rigidity and not fix unless the color indicator has changed showing there’s an issue. However, unlike oil/engine repairs, I don’t remember if there’s a certain number of rigidity fixes before some type of permanent degradation if that does indeed happen at some point.

I would suggest waiting to hear from someone to chime that experienced it directly though, I don’t want to steer you the wrong way
I've never heard of oil changes permanently lowering my engines stats before. Believe you're right about everything else, but you can buy a new body/new engine and the amount of driving you'd need to do to encounter that is really high.

Your oil/body/engine all have things that mark them as excellent/normal/worn/bad. My understanding is once everything is excellent it doesn't need repair and I've never got something from the UCD with anything below excellent. Saying that I think I've fixed one cars body since I started playing and that had just dropped to normal, didn't even note any issues when I was driving it just popped up as normal when I was checking oil.
Understood. I don't think I do enough driving in any one car to cause enough of a concern, personally, but it's good to note! I have only ever noticed "Excellent" on Used Cars, as @Black Rook says. So unless I see that drop, I won't worry!

@BobDx123 do you know if "changing oil prematurely" counts as changing it any earlier than "Worn" or "Bad"? Ie. If I change it on "Normal" does that count as "prematurely"? I'd hate to have to replace my recently swapped 787B engine because I've changed the oil too many times too early!

Last edited:
The most miles I have put in a car during 13 months of active playing is 1200. The only thing I have done for maintenance is oil change once I notice the oil has dropped to 'normal'. The amount of worries I have for a virtual car wear and tear: 0. Especially now that any and all cars and parts can be replaced with a simple re-purchase, any amount of time worrying about such things is completely wasted time.

I've never heard of oil changes permanently lowering my engines stats before. Believe you're right about everything else, but you can buy a new body/new engine and the amount of driving you'd need to do to encounter that is really high.
Sorry, I don’t know why I’m having issues explaining today,

After x amount of oil changes, the engine will drop a tier in condition. eg. If you go to a car and do an oil change after 5 miles, by the 4th or 5th time the engine color should change even though you’ve barely drove.

After x amount of miles, the engine will not completely recover to original pp. See pics below of 2 of my 787B’s.
I think that after 4?? engine repairs may do the drop. i can’t remember

IMG_4143.png

IMG_4141.png

Understood. I don't think I do enough driving in any one car to cause enough of a concern, personally, but it's good to note! I have only ever noticed "Excellent" on Used Cars, as @Black Rook says. So unless I see that drop, I won't worry!

@BobDx123 do you know if "changing oil prematurely" counts as changing it any earlier than "Worn" or "Bad"? Ie. If I change it on "Normal" does that count as "prematurely"? I'd had to have to replace my recently swapped 787B engine because I've changed the oil too many times too early!
I believe that changing the oil x amount of times (4?) will drop engine condition, regardless of how much driving.

I believe it either total Miles and/or the number of engine fixes that permanently decrease hp and torque. This caused my to buy 3 extra copies of all the group C cars.

There was a good discussion on this a little while back, I’ll have to look for it

Last edited:
I believe that changing the oil x amount of times (4?) will drop engine condition, regardless of how much driving.

I believe it either total Miles and/or the number of engine fixes that permanently decrease hp and torque. This caused my to buy 3 extra copies of all the group C cars.

There was a good discussion on this a little while back, I’ll have to look for it
i don't think there is permanent decrease of engine performance in this game.
as long as the conditions are on excellent, they are as good as new, either you buy it from ucd/lcd or brand new or after you perform engine maintenance.
but would be interesting to have permanent deterioration though like in GT4

The most miles I have put in a car during 13 months of active playing is 1200. The only thing I have done for maintenance is oil change once I notice the oil has dropped to 'normal'. The amount of worries I have for a virtual car wear and tear: 0. Especially now that any and all cars and parts can be replaced with a simple re-purchase, any amount of time worrying about such things is completely wasted time.
Ikr. "Oh no, my 787B has 687hp instead of 690hp. I best slap a big fudging turbo on it to compensate" 😁

Last edited:
i don't think there is permanent decrease of engine performance in this game.
as long as the conditions are on excellent, they are as good as new, either you buy it from ucd/lcd or brand new or after you perform engine maintenance.
but would be interesting to have permanent deterioration though like in GT4
There is. The worst i’ve seen are from a few players that have skipped ever doing oil changes but it occurs naturally as well, albeit quite slowly. Check my two pics above of two copies of the same car with different miles. Also check the link below for a previous discussion

@hyperspeed980 , here’s the link man I was talking about

Thread 'Do Cars Wear Out or Lose Performance Over Time?'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/do-cars-wear-out-or-lose-performance-over-time.415859/

Interesting post inside that thread below. click on his “spoiler”
Post in thread 'Do Cars Wear Out or Lose Performance Over Time?'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...se-performance-over-time.415859/post-13944176

Edit: @specops that’s definitely true for most cars. However some cost the same or more as the car to buy new engine/chassis and could be out of LCD for months, much longer if the car was an Invite. The Group C cars do not even have the option to buy new engine or chassis

Of course the vast majority of cases the small amount are not going to matter and definitely not with low mileage, unless you abandon doing oil changes. However, if you’re racing for a personal record and trying to shave 10ths off each lap I think it’s different.

Last edited:
Back