Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,631 comments
So you can either win an engine from a roulette ticket that can be used to swap into another car or you can go to GT Auto and buy an engine swap from there (you need to have a collector level of 50 for this method though)
I did achieve level 50 this weekend. Ive not tried a swap yet as Im not sure which ones I want to do, or waiting for the cars (like the honda beat) to come available again.

So you are saying if I have say a honda beat, I can go and purchase whatever engine can go into it even if I dont have the high end car to remove it from?

I appreciate the help.

I did achieve level 50 this weekend. Ive not tried a swap yet as Im not sure which ones I want to do, or waiting for the cars (like the honda beat) to come available again.

So you are saying if I have say a honda beat, I can go and purchase whatever engine can go into it even if I dont have the high end car to remove it from?

I appreciate the help.
Yes. You do not need a donor car to take the engine from, you either purchase it from GT Auto or use one from your inventory if you’ve won a compatible one from a reward ticket.

@Mystical Drag since you're new in level 50 you can buy ANY engine swap you like at GT auto.
Although i wouldn't suggest to drive this path since is quite expensive in some cases.
Also you will need credits to buy cars from LCD , cars that you might need or want to have .
To do a few less costly swaps isn't a big deal , but start buying expensive ones or turn your interest to swapped cars isn't a good idea yet.
If you have engines use them , if you don't, you don't miss and something great.
All in all , swaps can wait .

Last edited:
I almost feel tempted to test some engines swaps - that is, if/when I win them - on the drag-based missions, even though I've already gotten gold on them all. I certainly could see the Chiron-swapped GT-R Nismo or Huracan being nuts, with their 4WD and using a torque split of 50:50.

I almost feel tempted to test some engines swaps - that is, if/when I win them - on the drag-based missions, even though I've already gotten gold on them all. I certainly could see the Chiron-swapped GT-R Nismo or Huracan being nuts, with their 4WD and using a torque split of 50:50.

Of the Chiron-based swaps, in my tests the fastest is the Corvette, followed by the Huracán (such incredible launch speed!!), the Lexus with the GT-R and Viper placing 4th and 5th respectively. Try as I might, the ‘Vette tops out at 325 (depending on wind speed), the Huracán at 310, Lexus 308 and the others at 300 even. All without NOS, and low aero settings. I’m still trying to get the Huracán match the Corvette but no matter how hard I change the gearing I just can’t 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

I also put a 1.1 million dollar 2 jz in my R33..
The 2JZ is the Supra engine and it costs 210,000 - it does not go in the R33. The R33 is 2.5 Turbo so putting in a 3.0 Turbo from the Supra seems a bit pointless.

You put the R92CP engine in (3.5 T race tuned), which is 1,100,000.

Guys, is the Pontiac Trans Am a worthy engine swap? The smokey and bandit is up on the UCD as a special pick. I thought about getting 2, with engine swap purposes.

Is it a good swap?get em all !!!!
Getem all

Attachments

• RDT_20240105_0220138611644002561241044.png
    RDT_20240105_0220138611644002561241044.png
    237.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Guys, is the Pontiac Trans Am a worthy engine swap? The smokey and bandit is up on the UCD as a special pick. I thought about getting 2, with engine swap purposes.

Is it a good swap?
From what I recall it’s really not that great of a swap, but I haven’t driven it since that swap was new. It’s alright if you like loads of wheelspin and taking overpowered cars into lower PP suggested (not limited) races, but it’s a wild ride, especially once you tune up the swapped engine. I never spent much time tuning it though, so with the right LSD and Transmission settings you can probably make it more driveable.

Is it a good swap?
It's cool, it's a little hard to control but once you get it dialed in it's sick

Swapped the 959 engine into one of my 964 RS's and made myself a 911 Turbo 3.6 clone and couldn't be happier. Love love love the way this car drives! Such a delight. Setting hp and weight was easy enough but sadly the torque is way off. Has anyone else done this?

Y'know, I'm surprised it took me this long to realize this, but I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't get a Hellcat swap for the older Charger at some point, especially since the older Challenger is able to get it.

Last edited:
Update release this week swaps are needed to be good due to the fact the vehicles are not going to call people to use; maybe the suzuki gets a swap, but at this point Last year's update in January compared to this year has to have a good thing released.

Hopefully the Sil80, aka the last S-chassis without, will get a swap too.

Or will we get a a challenger for the W16 swapped cars?

Last edited:
I haven't read much of this thread but I'm gonna start. I swapped the mustang GR3 car with I think that 351 Windsor and oh boy. What a freaking car. I'm looking forward to exploring this a little more. Silvia with the GTR swap is nice and so is the Nurb GTR with the RC92P swap. It's just build a meta lol.

I put a rx7 engine in a suzuki cappuccino. Do u have a set up to make the cappuccino driveable?
IMG_4594.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4593.jpeg
    IMG_4593.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4592.jpeg
    IMG_4592.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
There's quite a few cars that don't have any engine swaps for em....

Just hoping we get like 30 new swaps to compensate for the lack of content this coming update... but knowing PD we won't even get that lol

Back