Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,477 comments
Did you notice this car/swap has a steering-lock issue? Not your tune, just the swap in general. I've been working on this car for more than a week, dozens and dozens of setups, and it's the only car I've ever noticed that will have the steering lock-up under braking if the settings are "wrong".

My biggest issue with the car is the way the rear-end kicks-out when you let off the brake, so I've been trying to tune this out to make it more competitive at Sardegna, as this "looseness" loses quite a few seconds per lap. Toe was one of the first variables I started messing with and going from like a \/0.10 to a \/0.09 (just as an example, it all depends on other suspension settings) will cause the steering to lock when braking. Then I noticed it will do it with roll bars, ride height, and even brake bias, lol. It's almost like the brake-lock that occurs if you aren't using ABS and just stomp the brake, but it happens whether you have ABS on or off.

This car has the potential to be one of the best swaps in the game, but the suspension is so broken when you put the NSX Concept '16 engine in it that it relegates it to a car that's just fun to slide around corners. It SHOULD be putting up GT3 or better lap times at Sardegna, so hopefully PD fixes whatever the problem is in the next update (assuming we get one, lol.) Really wish we could pull engine back out of cars as I want to try the BRZ Drift with this engine...
I created an account here just to praise how incredible the swapped Amuse S2K is once the kinks are worked out/you adapt to its handling characteristics. So much so that I wouldn't want anyone to be deterred from swapping this car for these reasons.

For me the steering lock issue was present only when I had wheels on that were wider than stock - this would cause the wheels to rub against the front fenders under braking and lock the wheels. Switching back to stock wheels (or even aftermarket wheels with stock offset and width) completely remedied that issue for me.

And then there's the rear-end kick out from braking into a corner or from lifting off the throttle. It is pretty intense but very predictable and recoverable, and when mastered I find it very advantageous to attacking corners. In fact, the loose rear end is what makes the car so special and capable. To have a car that seemingly has as much grip as Gr3 cars but can still rotate at will when you want it to is such a weapon. Because this thing has so much traction I can't get the back end to really break loose under throttle to get throttle oversteer and rotate it around a corner. That's where the loose rear end comes into play - I either trailbrake lightly into a corner or lift off the throttle aggressively to get it to rotate enough before the apex. So once rotated around the apex enough that I have a nice angle to exit I literally just bury the throttle out the corner with unlimited traction with insane acceleration. Once the aforementioned steering lock issue is remedied you can really rely on getting most of your braking done in a straight line (these brakes STOP). If you are going to brake while turning at all, brake very slightly to get just enough rotation. But also know that if you oversteer too much it's easily recoverable with enough throttle.

Admittedly I had regret for swapping this car when I first started driving it because I found the handling weird. Once I got used to it and altered my driving style with this car from how I drive other FR cars this has easily been the most capable road car for me in the corners. This is a car that is really sensitive to weight transfer and because of that it's very reliant on steering with the throttle/brakes - use the throttle to keep car stable and induce understeer, back off the throttle to get it to rotate/oversteer. Because this car is super sensitive the key to stability in this car is smooth inputs and quick transitions from braking to throttle.

If you love corners - this is the car. Without a doubt my favorite car to hoon around.

Last edited:
I created an account here just to praise how incredible the swapped Amuse S2K is once the kinks are worked out/you adapt to its handling characteristics. So much so that I wouldn't want anyone to be deterred from swapping this car for these reasons.

For me the steering lock issue was present only when I had wheels on that were wider than stock - this would cause the wheels to rub against the front fenders under braking and lock the wheels. Switching back to stock wheels (or even aftermarket wheels with stock offset and width) completely remedied that issue for me.

And then there's the rear-end kick out from braking into a corner or from lifting off the throttle. It is pretty intense but very predictable and recoverable, and when mastered I find it very advantageous to attacking corners. In fact, the loose rear end is what makes the car so special and capable. To have a car that seemingly has as much grip as Gr3 cars but can still rotate at will when you want it to is such a weapon. Because this thing has so much traction I can't get the back end to really break loose under throttle to get throttle oversteer and rotate it around a corner. That's where the loose rear end comes into play - I either trailbrake lightly into a corner or lift off the throttle aggressively to get it to rotate enough before the apex. So once rotated around the apex enough that I have a nice angle to exit I literally just bury the throttle out the corner with unlimited traction with insane acceleration. Once the aforementioned steering lock issue is remedied you can really rely on getting most of your braking done in a straight line (these brakes STOP). If you are going to brake while turning at all, brake very slightly to get just enough rotation. But also know that if you oversteer too much it's easily recoverable with enough throttle.

Admittedly I had regret for swapping this car when I first started driving it because I found the handling weird. Once I got used to it and altered my driving style with this car from how I drive other FR cars this has easily been the most capable road car for me in the corners. This is a car that is really sensitive to weight transfer and because of that it's very reliant on steering with the throttle/brakes - use the throttle to keep car stable and induce understeer, back off the throttle to get it to rotate/oversteer. Because this car is super sensitive the key to stability in this car is smooth inputs and quick transitions from braking to throttle.

If you love corners - this is the car. Without a doubt my favorite car to hoon around.
Seems like you’re having wait transfer problems under braking. Make the front stiffer than the rear, most importantly rebound on the rear lower, and brake bias towards where the front (back is heavier, so front brake bias helps the load transfer under braking)

Seems like you’re having wait transfer problems under braking. Make the front stiffer than the rear, most importantly rebound on the rear lower, and brake bias towards where the front (back is heavier, so front brake bias helps the load transfer under braking)
Thanks for the note about rear rebound, definitely gonna give that a shot as my brake bias is already maxed out toward the front lol

I received a an engine today. The ticket stated the compatible car is a C4 Corvette. I didn't see that in the list. Is this correct?

Or am I misreading it? I didn't collect it yet.

Thanks.

I received a an engine today. The ticket stated the compatible car is a C4 Corvette. I didn't see that in the list. Is this correct?

Or am I misreading it? I didn't collect it yet.

Thanks.
Compatible car is the original car the engine is for, not the car to swap into. Do you maybe have the LT4 Camaro engine?!

....why they would make that engine a swap would be beyond me, nobody wants a tpi 350, or the zr1 version with dual cam lotus heads.(rare)

Has to be 1of the existing vette motors,
or zl1camaro motor.

Can they add engines without a maintenance?

(Havent had any worthy tickets)

Boy that would be a big ha' to the community complaining about this months update!

(BYE BYE DIOR MANGUSTA!)

....why they would make that engine a swap would be beyond me, nobody wants a tpi 350, or the zr1 version with dual cam lotus heads.(rare)

Has to be 1of the existing vette motors,
or zl1camaro motor.

Can they add engines without a maintenance?

(Havent had any worthy tickets)

Boy that would be a big ha' to the community complaining about this months update!

(BYE BYE DIOR MANGUSTA!)
I believe the C4 ZR1's LT5 got mistaken with the C7 ZR1's LT5, which already exists as a swap. @OldandSlow correct me if I'm wrong.

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 - 700pp - Race Hards - With Wing

Unlike the other 700pp tune this one can can put up laps well under 4:00. It's a lot of power for such a light car, so careful on the throttle, especially at FM1/2. It's only capable of 3 laps at FM6 unlike the stock-ish tune due to all of the permanent engine upgrades.
It's a top-tier road car for Sarthe in lap times once you get the "feel" of it (not that it matters... Still fun to go fast though!)

Note: This is a different car than used for the 600pp and 700pp "no wing" tune. If you only have one Miura keep that in mind before doing the permanent upgrades as this is essentially a maxed tune.

I believe the C4 ZR1's LT5 got mistaken with the C7 ZR1's LT5, which already exists as a swap. @OldandSlow correct me if I'm wrong.
I collected it and it is an LT1.

My mistake.

Interesting. I noticed some time ago on my drift builds that the wider wheels and angle kit can clash and cause the dreaded rubbing you mention, messing up steering angle and making wide angle drifts near impossible. The solutions I found were either not putting the wide body kit with wider wheels on or massively increasing ride height. I thought this rubbing had been patched out since then though 🤔

I just won a second LS9 from my daily workout today, so I took one and put it into my Firebird Trans-Am. Now all I need is for PD to make at least one other car become compatible with the other LS9 I now have. What I do really like about these engine swaps is that sometimes, what engine ends up being compatible with which car can be just about anybody's guess.

For example, I initially had thought that Ferrari engine swaps would be unlikely, given how strict Ferrari can generally be at times, but now we have two engine swaps that feature Ferrari engines, with the first swap going into the Alfa Romeo 4C!

Good morning, does anyone have the adjustments for an '88 countach with an aventador engine change, I can't manage to adjust it decently, thanks

Man, I'd give my left for a 458 engine and my right for an Enzo engine.
I’d hold on to your left. I’ve been trying to make the 458 swapped 4C drivable for a couple of months now to no avail. The Enzo swapped F40 however is a dream. If you get the 458 engine I’d recommend waiting until there is a better car to drop it in.

If there is someone that has found a way to tame the swapped 4C please share!

I’d hold on to your left. I’ve been trying to make the 458 swapped 4C drivable for a couple of months now to no avail. The Enzo swapped F40 however is a dream. If you get the 458 engine I’d recommend waiting until there is a better car to drop it in.

If there is someone that has found a way to tame the swapped 4C please share!

I have a pretty decent 4C tune

I really wish they would would allow us to purchase the engines and allow more cars to be swapped. I really want a Coyote or Voodoo swapped 1969 Boss 429 Mustang. Would love a high-revving small block in that car to replicate the early 70's Trans Am racing Boss 302.
I agree. Or give us access to it once we own the donor car. Kind of like the old paint chip system.

So I got an engine from a daily 4 star after about six months. It's not a bad one, as in another S1 Quattro, but I do have two of those already and still only the Golf to put it in. Didn't take it at least yet. So my question is, does the re-roll work on daily ticket engines too? If and when new engines appear with the next update, is this ticket still 100% going to be an engine? Just a different one?

So I got an engine from a daily 4 star after about six months. It's not a bad one, as in another S1 Quattro, but I do have two of those already and still only the Golf to put it in. Didn't take it at least yet. So my question is, does the re-roll work on daily ticket engines too? If and when new engines appear with the next update, is this ticket still 100% going to be an engine? Just a different one?
Correct. The ticket will still be an engine, and if they add engines in update before ticket expires, yes, there is a good chance it will change. Hopefully to something you don't have duplicates of already.

I just nabbed the Escudo engine from a six-star engine ticket I won from my daily workout today, but I'd really prefer to put it into an actual Suzuki model, like one of the Swifts. So I'm going to hold onto it for now. I also have a spare LS9, since I already put one into a Firebird, so here's hoping we get another car that can take that engine.

I had to open two engine tickets (that i already had) with No-update-January.
The HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500 '16) which i put into the S2K, and i now have a spare one (this one isn't so bad to have an extra one)
but i also got my 9th R26B-787B (Mazda 787B) which i already put in 2 RX7's and 1 RX8.

Last edited:

K20C1-Civic-'20​

 Source car:
Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition (FK8) '20

put into the
  • Abarth 595 SS '70 - New in v1.27!
Question - even after upgrading to the gearbox you can lengthen etc - it does not seem to alter the end speed on the abarth - it still screams away at 120 mph looking for another gear............does the upgrades not work ?

Last edited:
It's getting awfully close to new swap season again. Let's hope for some very spicy picks from PD this month. (Dibs on RB26 becoming a swap option)

K20C1-Civic-'20​

 Source car:
Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition (FK8) '20

put into the
  • Abarth 595 SS '70 - New in v1.27!
Question - even after upgrading to the gearbox you can lengthen etc - it does not seem to alter the end speed on the abarth - it still screams away at 120 mph looking for another gear............does the upgrades not work ?
Lengthen the gear ratios.

Pleasd
Sileighty and the '96 S14 are missing a swap, so I'd give those the RB26 option. Last I checked, the 180SX could be VR38-swapped?
Please no more nissan swaps lol i need kaz to swap the mazda cars what happened to the new miatas id like to swap them too

Latest Posts

Back