Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,477 comments
Another daily marathon complete, another poxy 3 star ticket... I haven't had a ticket with even the possibility of an engine win from the daily marathon in months... granted I do not play GT7 every day, but still.
I received a 6* engine ticket for today's marathon. However it was for one I already have so I will save it for the next update and hope it will change.

All that aero holding it back maybe? Also revert the widebody, should decrease drag
:lol:

No widebody on the car, and the existing aero helps it go faster. In most cars I've tried the diffuser aids top speed and acceleration, while preventing nose lift with the added downforce.

I've been too scared to test the widebody in detail though since it's irreversible :indiff:

:lol:

No widebody on the car, and the existing aero helps it go faster. In most cars I've tried the diffuser aids top speed and acceleration, while preventing nose lift with the added downforce.

I've been too scared to test the widebody in detail though since it's irreversible :indiff:
I trust your judgement, just saw some of your posts in the classic Three Hundred Miles Per Hour thread, fascinating read btw

Another daily marathon complete, another poxy 3 star ticket... I haven't had a ticket with even the possibility of an engine win from the daily marathon in months... granted I do not play GT7 every day, but still.
You are not missing much. I play every day, and wheel of despair is just as stingy with me. I had a solid month with no sign of engine swaps. On top of that, the game gave me a bunch of 3 star tickets.

That made me contemplate my life choices for a moment.

I got a six-star engine ticket the other day, but in an ironic twist, it’s my second one in a row where I get the D1GP BRZ engine. So now I have three spare engines where isn’t at least one other model I can swap it into. At least, not yet. I do have hope we’ll see another car become compatible with each of the three spare engines I have, as I recall some engines that were in a similar situation at launch.

And for what it’s worth, I did end up putting that Escudo engine into the Lancer Evolution, since I bet it’ll control a lot better than if that engine become compatible with one (or both) of the Suzuki Swift models.

EDIT: I know speculation is generally pointless, especially for Gran Turismo, but I can’t help but to wonder if there’s a trend to which engines could go into which cars in the future? For example, the Hellcat engine seems solely be compatible with brands associated with Chrysler group, namely Dodge, Plymouth, and Jeep. Maybe it could end up going into one of the Dodge Viper models, too?

My bet is that the LS9 could go into another older GM model, like the Pontiac GTO Judge, and/or the Corvette C2.

As for my Aventador SV engine, I could see that going into another V12 Lamborghini model, so that could potentially be the Miura Prototype, the Countach LP400, or maybe even the Diablo GT. But my bet is on the other Countach.

Finally, for my LS7 from the D1GP BRZ, I’ve noticed that it goes into a “lesser” tuner model, being the older Silvia Q’s S13, which sits below the K’s S13, which is also in the game. Silvias do also seem to be especially known for drifting. Maybe it could go into the 2019 version of the A90 Supra, whereas the 2020 version could ideally be another candidate for the 2JZ.

EDIT2: I’m also definitely a fan of some of the racecar engines being compatible, especially those Group C racer engines. I’d definitely bet on the XJR-9 engine going into the F-Type, and the Sauber C9 going into the SLR McLaren. The Porsche 962 engine could go into one of the Carrera models, too, or maybe the Carrera GT.

Last edited:
Because, in a way, it was a community event - something this game sorely needs, but lacks. I believe the return of seasonal events and various other PS3-era community features would do a lot to bring people back to GT7.

Oh I remember those! I think GT5 did it the best, and some of the rewards were ultra rare too! (one-offs) so you really got out what hou put into it. Those were very fun and thoughtful events.

Dorito swapped miata has so much potential..
Still have to try it, is it good? I've only tried the LT1-swapped Miata ND at Le Mans and it's insanely fast, only car that had me running 8 laps on that race.
I won the D1GP BRZ's engine the other day, and promptly put it into the Silvia Q's (S13) that I had, complete with the lime green two-tone. Haven't tried it yet, but I don't think I actually will drive it until there are regulations that permit it. Just like most cars I have in general, with or without an actual engine swap. Though I did recently use my 2JZ-swapped GR Yaris for the WTC 600 event at Grand Valley.

I also still have that Escudo engine, but I think instead of waiting for it to potentially become compatible with one (or both) of the Swift models, I'll just put it into the Lancer Evolution. Why? Because it's 4WD, so it'll likely have better control with all that power. Especially if I can install a torque balance controller and set it to 50:50.

But that still leaves me with a spare LS9 from the Corvette C6 ZR1. I suppose it could make sense if it ended up being compatible with the GTO Judge, but I could also see it becoming compatible with a couple JDM classics that don't have something yet, like the FC RX-7.

Then there was that Aventador SV engine I had to spare, too. I really, really hope it ends up being compatible with the Miura Prototype. Maybe more realistically, it could go into the older Countach LP400, given that it already can go into the 25th Anniversary version of it.
I've swapped the drift BRZ in the Silvia S13 and used it, well it's... different? Incredibly tough to handle, has a PP bug that lets you run the car at less than 700pp despite being at full engine power so on a dry Le Mans you can make it work, but it's very situational. I've only used it once and don't think will use it ever again.

Is it just me or have they improved the engine rates from ticket? Got 5 engines since last update. But nothing interesting though. Got dupes

Is it just me or have they improved the engine rates from ticket? Got 5 engines since last update. But nothing interesting though. Got dupes
Simple answer: absolutely not. I have had one engine ticket from daily routine in the last 6 months. It is a disgrace, to a point where engine swaps kinda aren't a part of the game at the moment. Easy to see in how quiet this thread has been lately.

The engine swap cars can be kind of a pain in VR since you have to rely on the stock gauges. In the swapped RX-7 the speedometer only goes to 180 km/h and the tachometer only goes to 9k RPM so you have to shift with your ears and the speed is a mystery. Why they can’t give us the shift indicator and a 3-digit speed is beyond, gotta punish the players somehow for using VR…

The engine swap cars can be kind of a pain in VR since you have to rely on the stock gauges. In the swapped RX-7 the speedometer only goes to 180 km/h and the tachometer only goes to 9k RPM so you have to shift with your ears and the speed is a mystery. Why they can’t give us the shift indicator and a 3-digit speed is beyond, gotta punish the players somehow for using VR…
To be fair, I doubt it was something they thought through - rather than 'gotta punish the players for using VR'...

Especially given the focus on VR as being the latest greatest thing, I can't see any logic for them to make it unpleasant beyond an oversight.

TL;DR - blame your buyer's remorse on something else ;)

To be fair, I doubt it was something they thought through - rather than 'gotta punish the players for using VR'...

Especially given the focus on VR as being the latest greatest thing, I can't see any logic for them to make it unpleasant beyond an oversight.

TL;DR - blame your buyer's remorse on something else ;)
Why would they remove the shift indicator, yellow flag warnings, and a functional speedometer from VR? An oversight would be an understatement, this is just some broken logic that wants it to be “more real” and ultimately makes things less fun for the players.

That applies to most of the Japanese cars even without a swap tbh, all their speedometers only reach 180 kmh and by the moment you do an engine balance tuning and the bore/stroke up the rev meter is also outdated

I don't understand the fascination of slapping it in something and then just hoofing it as fast as you can... The joy of (most of) the engine swaps for me is making something that can be used and enjoyed. I adore the GTR swapped Delta with no engine mods at all and just a few chassis (and braking!) tweaks - same with some of the 26B swaps.

I appreciate the 'because I can' attitude, but never really understood it myself...
Ditto, I found My nsx 92 swap works a joy at 750pp on sardenga rather than maxing it close to 800pp, same with the rx7b at sarthe

Why would they remove the shift indicator, yellow flag warnings, and a functional speedometer from VR? An oversight would be an understatement, this is just some broken logic that wants it to be “more real” and ultimately makes things less fun for the players.
You need it pointing it? Fairly obvious if have thought - immersion.

The fewer floating numbers, HUD items and various 'unreal' bits the higher the level of immersion.

I've not used VR, but I'm guessing they went to town removing things like that so it feels as real as possible. Clearly they went a bit too far, but the reasoning is fairly logical.

Imagine how much more potent a present-day bonanza would be.

A massive increase in the number of cars with swaps and S parts. Being able to effortlessly rotate between collecting engine tickets, parts tickets and 5-star tickets, and on top of all that, the ability to sell the prize cars you receive.

And, as of the latest batch of books, an infinite stash of Super Formulas.

PD really lucked out with the timing on that beautiful bug.

20829599798959051.jpg

Pulled the farrari 458 engine yay ... slots into the 4c nice 👌
Sadly the 4c short wheel base made it a hand full even as standard 😕 so with a fair whack of tuning to tame it am still left with a car that just lacks that fun driveing appeal I was hoping for on top of that the engine... tho it sounds better.... its not the screamer I hoped it to be ... sigh

Oh well its nice to have in the collection 6/10

Last edited:
I got the Ferrari Enzo engine, too bad it's only limited to swap into the Ferrari F40. The 246 Dino GT swapped would have been a blast.

Alfa Romeo 4C '14 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Track - 1.25

Wide car.
Rims size up to you

Front A - Side A - Wing custom

Very good to race this car against Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 , same performance on Nordschleife for example.
Top 5 cars at 600PP after this update 1.25

View attachment 1204875View attachment 1204876View attachment 1204877
Settings for Tokyo Rain with sport hard , more HP more Speed.
View attachment 1204878View attachment 1204879View attachment 1204880

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

View attachment 1237469
Pulled the farrari 458 engine yay ... slots into the 4c nice 👌
Sadly the 4c short wheel base made it a hand full even as standard 😕 so with a fair whack of tuning to tame it am still left with a car that just lacks that fun driveing appeal I was hoping for on top of that the engine... tho it sounds better.... its not the screamer I hoped it to be ... sigh

Oh well its nice to have in the collection 6/10
This one worked well for me.

Back