Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,477 comments
Got a surprise from the 4* ticket today in the form of an engine, unfortunately it was the LS7 from the drift machine BRZ. Completely useless, wish we could at least swap it somewhere else rather than just the Silvia S13...

This one worked well for me.
Never understood the hype on pariano tunes
He hardly changes anything , lower stiffer close ratios and everyone praising the sky lol

Experimented with a few of them tunes and would see how the car would lunge or dive during acceleration or braking make a few adjustments too the dampers ( that he hardly touches) and instantly get seconds per lap ... meh 😆

There was a guy in the tune place called harmonic, had a YouTube channel too but aint seen him around ... now that guy could tune .

He hardly changes anything , lower stiffer close ratios and everyone praising the sky lol

Experimented with a few of them tunes and would see how the car would lunge or dive during acceleration or braking make a few adjustments too the dampers ( that he hardly touches) and instantly get seconds per lap ... meh 😆

There was a guy in the tune place called harmonic, had a YouTube channel too but aint seen him around ... now that guy could tune .

He has a ton of tunes available for the major grind races in an extremely easy to navigate place and the majority of us have no idea where to even begin regarding tuning. Anyone who helps make the process of grinding less tiresome is bound to receive praise.

His tunes are mostly pure fire. I used his 800 PP F8 Tributo tune on a whim and it's now my favourite Sardegna grind car. He changes quite a lot (pretty much everything that can be changed, is changed) and every tune I've used of his has transformed a tricky car into a balanced weapon.

The engine swap cars can be kind of a pain in VR since you have to rely on the stock gauges. In the swapped RX-7 the speedometer only goes to 180 km/h and the tachometer only goes to 9k RPM so you have to shift with your ears and the speed is a mystery. Why they can’t give us the shift indicator and a 3-digit speed is beyond, gotta punish the players somehow for using VR…
Download dashboard app to your phone it has boost gauges and Rev n speed

His tunes are mostly pure fire. I used his 800 PP F8 Tributo tune on a whim and it's now my favourite Sardegna grind car. He changes quite a lot (pretty much everything that can be changed, is changed) and every tune I've used of his has transformed a tricky car into a balanced weapon.
I agree. His Tributo is a masterpiece, fast and precise, and imo one of the most enjoyable cars for Sardegna (the GR1-Downgrades are quite unspectacular sometimes).

Regards
M

Screenshot_20230309_071244_Chrome.jpg
You dont understand, but you still use it!!!

You dont understand, but you still use it!!!
This isn't the post to go into this really but ... had a look at his tune had a look at mine took them to the track and ... hats off his gear box is a masterpiece
The long 1st really tames the car

As for the rest tho ... matching dampers (as usual ???)
Ride hight makes no sence to me unless his accounting for jumping and kurbs at the ring
No down force up front , to stiff on the springs for my driving style ... car has too much understeer for me

Tested mine n his back to back at sagonda and brans hatch short and mines faster .

But its probably driving styles

Mines much nicer to drive now that I've stollen his gear box mind 😄
20230309_142147.jpg

Anyway horses for courses

Back to engine swops

This isn't the post to go into this really but ... had a look at his tune had a look at mine took them to the track and ... hats off his gear box is a masterpiece
The long 1st really tames the car

As for the rest tho ... matching dampers (as usual ???)
Ride hight makes no sence to me unless his accounting for jumping and kurbs at the ring
No down force up front , to stiff on the springs for my driving style ... car has too much understeer for me

Tested mine n his back to back at sagonda and brans hatch short and mines faster .

But its probably driving styles

Mines much nicer to drive now that I've stollen his gear box mind 😄 View attachment 1237963

Anyway horses for courses

Back to engine swops

Meh then don’t use them, why hate something that isn’t your style?

Got a surprise from the 4* ticket today in the form of an engine, unfortunately it was the LS7 from the drift machine BRZ. Completely useless, wish we could at least swap it somewhere else rather than just the Silvia S13...

I can easily imagine a turbo’d Corvette. Any one… all of them really.

Why can't another Supra show up in the UCD, I just wanna use my Huayra swap 😭
First world problems :D

I just got lucky enough to win the Escudo engine. So far it only fits to the 5-speed Evo X - so I'm wondering if to keep it in case another car gets that swap in an upcoming update, or fit it to the Evo. Has anyone used the Escudo X swap for anything much or is it a bit of a gimmick?

Last edited:

I just got lucky enough to win the Escudo engine. So far it only fits to the 5-speed Evo X - so I'm wondering if to keep it in case another car gets that swap in an upcoming update, or fit it to the Evo. Has anyone used the Escudo X swap for anything much or is it a bit of a gimmick?
Not sure, but I would imagine that such a powerful engine would ideally go into a 4WD model like the Lancer Evo X. The alternative being a scenario where that sort of engine goes into a FF/FR/MR car, and then you'd need to dial down the power to make it usable.

FWIW, I actually prefer trying to see what sort of regulations I can still qualify for if I down-tune the engine. Even if it ends up having a similar amount of power as the stock engine (with or without tuning), the torque may be better. At least, that's what I hear for the two cars that can get the Coyote 5.0L, where the maximum power with the stock engine and with the swapped engine don't differ much, but it's the torque that really gets improved.

Can't say I'm much of a fan of trying to do what seem to be speed records, when I can try to make an otherwise underpowered car qualify for a certain HP/PP setting it may not be able to enter without a swap.

Last edited:
I can easily imagine a turbo’d Corvette. Any one… all of them really.
I can also imagine a lot of cars that would be good receivers for this swap, unfortunately as of now it only goes in the S13 Silvia. Which is close to undrivable with this engine, but good fun nonetheless

I put it in the Evo and I wasn’t impressed. The engine is very oldschool in terms of turbo lag, and the 5 speed box in the Evo just worsens it.

The idea was to build a drag machine, to try and beat the 8 second quarters that my R35 was hitting. I spent ages trying to get around the lag by tuning gear ratios and timing exactly when I hit the NOS, but I gave up. Still got a 9 IIRC, but it wasn’t anywhere near as quick as I’d hoped.

I’d recommend saving the engine for now.

I put it in the Evo and I wasn’t impressed. The engine is very oldschool in terms of turbo lag, and the 5 speed box in the Evo just worsens it.

The idea was to build a drag machine, to try and beat the 8 second quarters that my R35 was hitting. I spent ages trying to get around the lag by tuning gear ratios and timing exactly when I hit the NOS, but I gave up. Still got a 9 IIRC, but it wasn’t anywhere near as quick as I’d hoped.

I’d recommend saving the engine for now.
Same here. I was underwhelmed, too.

Yeah, I doubt the swapped Evo would ever be on par with what people expect from an Escudo engine. Not with centuries of turbo lag and the lackluster 5-speed 'box. You either get good acceleration with a crappy top speed, or decent top speed but sucky acceleration.

But, as I've said before, it may be an absolute monster when swapped into a car with 7, 8 or 9 gears - or, even deadlier, a CVT. Imagine an Escudo-swapped Prius absolutely ripping it on a drag strip since you're literally always at peak power... that's what I wanna see. 🔥

Last edited:
Well now I'm half tempted to fit the Escudo lump into the Evo X and see what I can do with it :D

I managed to get the VW Beetle Porsche swap under something resembling control at 440bhp so maybe the Evo should be my new challenge :D

Slightly off topic but a few of you drag these swaps like me.
Really liking the Audi TT swap, not as powerful/torquey as Yaris 2JZ or Lancia 38TT but can run high 8's in the Viper mission drag race. Ran a 9.025 on 1st tune/late start, got potential.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230313112430.jpg

Now back to your scheduled programming :D

And I'm guessing anti-lag is locked out as a tuning option. Engine swaps really need an overhaul.
Anti lag doesn’t help in the way the Escudo x Evo setup needs help. What I think you’re alluding to is boost threshold (most commonly called ‘lag’). Anti lag won’t force a huge turbo that ordinarily meets full boost at 6k rpm to make the same boost at lower rpm. It will improve transient lag - the delay in boost after coming off and back on the throttle when the rpm is above boost threshold.

I wrote quite a comprehensive explanation in another thread a while ago. I’ll add the link if I find it, rather than going off topic in here.

Edit: Here’s the thread…

Last edited:
Wait, I realized, you can K20 swap Honda Beat, but you can't for Jazz/Fit?
In real life, Fit and Jazz are common base for K20 swap, even K24 turbo
PD need to fix this
Also why you can't swap RSR engine into 991 GT3RS but also you can do it on 930? Why not Cayman? The only time in real life I saw this, was M's Engineering Cayman GT3 (some mad people in JP decided to make Cayman as GT3, swapped it with 997 GT3 engine and some mad bodykit, regularly on Attack Tsukuba) and I want to replicate it

Also I'm waiting cars like Axela Hatch (Mazda3 Hatch, the AWD version), so I can swap it with 26B and replicate Mad Mike - TCP pikes peak

Last edited:
Wait, I realized, you can K20 swap Honda Beat, but you can't for Jazz/Fit?
In real life, Fit and Jazz are common base for K20 swap, even K24 turbo
PD need to fix this
Also why you can't swap RSR engine into 991 GT3RS but also you can do it on 930? Why not Cayman? The only time in real life I saw this, was M's Engineering Cayman GT3 (some mad people in JP decided to make Cayman as GT3, swapped it with 997 GT3 engine and some mad bodykit, regularly on Attack Tsukuba) and I want to replicate it

Also I'm waiting cars like Axela Hatch (Mazda3 Hatch, the AWD version), so I can swap it with 26B and replicate Mad Mike - TCP pikes peak
I'm sure Kaz will get right on that. 🙄 THIS IS NOT A WISHLIST THREAD!

Back