Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,593 comments
Redo of @Famine Engine list with HP numbers for each engine and engine easier to distinguish from car.

By Engine:

Audi

BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2) 414 HP

• Audi TTS Coupe '14 (!)

• Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)

R5-20vT-Quattro-Pikes (Audi S1 Quattro Pikes Peak '87) 588 HP

• Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 (!!)

BMW

P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3) 522 HP

• BMW 3.0 CSL '73

• BMW M3 '03

Chevrolet

LS9-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1) 639 HP

• Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78

LT1-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray '14) 453 HP

• Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15

LT4-Camaro (Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 '18) 649 HP

• TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00 (!)

LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1) 754 HP

• Chevrolet Corvette C3 Convertible '69

• Chevrolet Corvette C3 Stingray '69

• Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Type S '94

• Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Aero '96

• Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18

• Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16

Dodge

Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat) 707 HP

• Dodge Challenger R/T '70

• Jeep Willys ‘45

• Plymouth Superbird '70

Ferrari

F136F-458 (Ferrari 458 Italia '09) 563 HP

• Alfa Romeo 4C '14 (!)

F140B-Enzo (Ferrari Enzo Ferrari ‘02) 658 HP

• Ferrari F40 ‘92

Ford

Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15) 434 HP

• DeTomaso Pantera '71

• Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71

V8-Ford-GT-LM-Test (Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car) 590 HP

• Ford Focus RS '18

• Voodoo-5.2L-GT350R (Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R) 525 HP

• Ford Roadster '32

Honda

HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500 '16) 603 HP

• Amuse S2000 GT1

• Honda NSX Type R '92

• Honda NSX Type R '02

• Subaru BRZ Drift Car

K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20) 315hp

• Abarth 595 SS ‘70 (!)

• Honda Beat '91 (!)

• Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98

• Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98

• Mini Cooper S '65

Honda SE75E-2&4 (Honda 2&4) 211 HP

• Honda S660 '15

• Honda S800 '66

Lamborghini

L539-Aventador-SV (Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV 15) 739 HP

• Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ‘88

Lexus

3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500) 516 HP

• Toyota Crown Athlete G

• Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19

Mazda

13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD) 292 HP

• Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89

• Suzuki Cappuccino '91

R26B-787B (Mazda 787B) 690 HP

• Mazda 3 '19

• Mazda RX-7 (FC) GT-X '90

• Mazda RX-7 (FD) Spirit R '02

• Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12

Nissan

LZ20B-Skyline (Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette '84) 561 HP

• GReddy Fugu Z

• Nissan Skyline KPGC10 '70

• Nissan Skyline KPGC110 '73

RB26DETT-GT-R-R34 (Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur '02) 336 HP

• Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07

• SR20DET-Silvia-S15 (Nissan Silvia S15)

• Nissan Fairlady Z432 '69

• Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90

VK45DE-GT-R (Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '08) 591 HP

• Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08

VRH35Z-R92CP (Nissan R92CP) 788 HP

• Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R V-Spec II '94

• Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R V-Spec '97

• Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur '02

VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17) 591 HP

• Alpine A110 '17

• Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!)

• Nissan 180SX Type X '96

• Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX

• Nissan Silvia Touring Car

• Nissan Skyline (R32) NISMO '90

• Nissan Z Performance '23

Pagani

M158-AMG-Huayra (Pagani Huayra) 730 HP

• Toyota Supra RZ '97

Porsche

M97/80-911 (Porsche 911 991 RSR ‘17) 509 HP

• Porsche 911 930 Turbo ‘81

• Porsche 911 (991) GT3 RS '16

M96/76-Porsche-'01 (Porsche 911 997 GT3) 354 HP - Only seen in pre-launch trailers, not the game at present

• Volkswagen 1200 '66

M64/03-911 (Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS) 255 HP

• Volkswagen 1200 '66

• Volkswagen Sambabus '62

Roadster Shop

LS7-Rampage (Roadster Shop Rampage) 748 HP

• Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera

• DeLorean DMC-12 S2 '04 (!!!)

• Nissan Fairlady 240ZG '71

• RE Amemiya FD3S

Ruf

CTR38-CTR3 (Ruf CTR3) 690 HP

• Porsche 911 993 Carrera RS '95

Subaru

LS7 BRZ (Subaru BRZ Drift) 1037 HP

• Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)

Suzuki

H25A-Escudo (Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special) 981 HP

• Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91

• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Final '15 (!!)

Suzuki V8-Suzuki-VGT-Gr.3 (Suzuki Vision GT Gr.3) 577 HP

• Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car

• BMW M3 '89

• Subaru BRZ S '15

Toyota

2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97) 325 HP

• Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)

• Subaru BRZ S '21

• Toyota GR86 RZ '21

● Toyota GR Yaris '20
Yeah but even if the power of a swapped engine is comparable to a car's stock engine - such as putting the Coyote 5.0L into the Pantera - there are other advantages to swapping, the biggest one being a better torque curve.

In fact, I recall that many months ago, there was a Daily Race that permitted players to tune a BMW M3 (E46), including the ability to potentially use the Z4 GT3 engine. But there was also a limit on power and weight. Even then, if you had two M3s of similar power/weight insofar that they complied with the regulations, I do remember hearing that the one with the Z4 GT3 engine had an advantage.

That said, I do have a notable preference for putting engines into cars that have 4WD, if only because you can get better traction even when you tune it out the wazoo. The Toyota GR Yaris and Lancia Delta HF are especially nice in this regard. Even better if you get a torque controller and set it to 50:50.

EDIT: And beyond a Hellcat engine I bought for a spare Jeep and a K20 I bought for a spare Abarth 595, I don't think I'll be buying anymore engine swaps for a while, if only because I don't feel like I need them at the moment. Especially since it's very rare for Sport Mode to feature an event that allows any tuning/setting at all, let alone one where a car with a swapped engine may prove useful. I also want to save credits for more cars that I haven't obtained yet - though I've fortunately already obtained every invite-exclusive car.

Last edited:
They won't do this as it means people will be logging on for longer to get them when they become available... Same with the menus, you need to keep checking for when they come back around. Thing is most people will just check online rather than logging into the game every day.

Also, it looks like they have given up on new engine tickets as well, both new menus only give basic 4* tickets.
That’s a good point and I agree with you regarding the “extra menus” as they include new objectives for those who’ve already completed the championship; basically an extension of the ‘car collection’ menu books, now with collector level requirements to stagger the progression.

However, to me, adding a handful of compatible cars for engine swaps feels more similar to the new cars released with the update (that are made available immediately). They’re different now, with PD disclosing exactly what they are on release, the engines are no longer locked behind rare roulette tickets and to purchase them directly means you’ve already acquired 50 mil in cars (for CL-50) and likely completed most/all unique parts of the game.

I brought it up is because although I own all the cars for new swaps, I don’t have enough copies of some to do them without discarding upgrades already made. So, I’ll wait but it’s not adding anything or changing my level of engagement for doing so.

December’s update with the Bugatti EM was the last time they added an engine ticket as a reward, for the regular menu its been a year. Hopefully they’ll consider revamping the ticket rewards with all the changes now. Everything that was previously the most exclusive are now many of the smallest winnings, particularly the S-Parts that can be worth as little as 6,000 and the majority less than 50k.

Yeah but even if the power of a swapped engine is comparable to a car's stock engine - such as putting the Coyote 5.0L into the Pantera - there are other advantages to swapping, the biggest one being a better torque curve.

In fact, I recall that many months ago, there was a Daily Race that permitted players to tune a BMW M3 (E46), including the ability to potentially use the Z4 GT3 engine. But there was also a limit on power and weight. Even then, if you had two M3s of similar power/weight insofar that they complied with the regulations, I do remember hearing that the one with the Z4 GT3 engine had an advantage.

That said, I do have a notable preference for putting engines into cars that have 4WD, if only because you can get better traction even when you tune it out the wazoo. The Toyota GR Yaris and Lancia Delta HF are especially nice in this regard. Even better if you get a torque controller and set it to 50:50.

EDIT: And beyond a Hellcat engine I bought for a spare Jeep and a K20 I bought for a spare Abarth 595, I don't think I'll be buying anymore engine swaps for a while, if only because I don't feel like I need them at the moment. Especially since it's very rare for Sport Mode to feature an event that allows any tuning/setting at all, let alone one where a car with a swapped engine may prove useful. I also want to save credits for more cars that I haven't obtained yet - though I've fortunately already obtained every invite-exclusive car.
🤔 Don't remember putting the HP there as comparison to the stock engine.
Why I did add the HP:

●To help @Famine with his work load here by giving him a copy and paste option.

●For those of us trying to build a swap car that has to fit a min/max HP rating in a lobby/league.

●Give a person an idea of what they are getting into to with that swap.

My IROC 930s will make a lot more sense now.
Helps that it drops the weight closer to IROC Spec. 700cc more displacement, but I can live with that.

SPECIFICATIONS

Porsche 911 RSR IROC

Engine: 2994cc flat six, air-cooled
Transmission: Five-speed manual

Power: 235kW @ 8000 rpm

Torque: 314Nm @ 6500 rpm

Weight: 950kg
Top Speed: 250km/h

1688532103029.jpeg

That time trial's regulations only allowed NA. Swapped cars with the Z4 GT3 turbo motor weren't allowed to enter.

Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18 - LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1) was a huge mistake, over 700hp in that car was just too much, at least for me with controller and automatic gearing. :lol:

Last edited:
Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18 - LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1) was a huge mistake, over 700hp in that car was just too much, at least for me with controller and automatic gearing. :lol:
Definitely need all the fully adjustable suspension, LSD, transmission and at minimum SS tires to keep this car manageable around the track unless you don’t mind using a good bit of TCS. Same with 2JZ swapped Toyobaru if you add much more power to it. But these cars are very, very fun once you get them dialed in.

Definitely need all the fully adjustable suspension, LSD, transmission and at minimum SS tires to keep this car manageable around the track unless you don’t mind using a good bit of TCS. Same with 2JZ swapped Toyobaru if you add much more power to it. But these cars are very, very fun once you get them dialed in.
I had all that, but not the LSD though, how is the R23 with the R92CP engine? Will give it 788hp!!! :scared:

I had all that, but not the LSD though, how is the R23 with the R92CP engine? Will give it 788hp!!! :scared:
I haven’t driven the swapped R32 much, I want to say it took me 3 races to get the tune where I like it. I love the sound of the R92 engine. I do remember having fun drifting it around some curves/turns at Grand Valley the last few laps after I felt happy with it. I run SM or SS tires on all my road cars (always SS for these high power swaps) I’m sure racing tires will make them feel even more stable. I usually extend 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear just a little bit and it greatly reduces and often eliminates any remaining tendency to break loose. It doesn’t take much at all so you don’t even notice it when accelerating.

Well, the 1994 R32 is definitely fast enough to win the 1 hour Spa race with the stock engine until the weather does some weird stuff in the last five laps. With the R92 engine, PP actually drops overall but the car becomes an absolute rocket. Handling is not adversely affected, either, just know that at those speeds either you run rear wheel drive only and be careful or you chew through tires like no other. With proper management, RS tires can be made to last 10 laps.
The car has a flat torque curve anyway. The original engine's curve is flatter than the state of Kansas, so you can save quite a bit of fuel by shifting early. With the new engine the flat part of the curve is somewhat smaller and higher in the RPM range, but the engine is overall more efficient. Fuel also lasts 10 laps in that race if you keep that engine within the flat part of the torque curve and run FM1.
The biggest difference besides that is how quickly the R92 engine will spin up. You get decent acceleration with it.
That engine cost me two 2nd place finished at Spa with the R92. That earned me 1.8 million, the engine itself was 1.6 and only the medium turbo was available. I wasn't asking for a win on the third race, I was demanding it, so I installed both parts, changed nothing in the settings, and scorched the competition.
I swapped a few other engines yesterday, too.
One question, though, why not allow us to replace engines used for swaps? If I wear down the engine in a 787b, why can't I spend the 1.2 million credits to replace it outright, yet it's still offered as a crate motor for four other cars?

Has anyone tried this engine swap?

Ruf
  • CTR38-CTR3 (Ruf CTR3)
I'm hoping the Carrera RS can handle the extra power in stock form as I want something that feels OEM. I guess I could bring the power down to around 400-450bhp to make a GT2 replica. Just fit wider bodywork and tyres.

Ruf
  • CTR38-CTR3 (Ruf CTR3)
I'm hoping the Carrera RS can handle the extra power in stock form as I want something that feels OEM. I guess I could bring the power down to around 400-450bhp to make a GT2 replica. Just fit wider bodywork and tyres.
Yes I have and it's ridiculous with all the upgrades.

Ruf
  • CTR38-CTR3 (Ruf CTR3)

Little tip, fit the wide parts than the wide body. For some reason the game gives you better PP. It's not something that you can duplicate if you switch rims after the widebody is installed. Even if you try the same rims, at the same size, at the same offset. It will go down in PP.
Yes I've tried. No, I'm not going to waste a car & credits to show you. I don't have the 30 million to to just toss around.

Ruf
  • CTR38-CTR3 (Ruf CTR3)
I have it, but never tried it in “stock” form with just the swap as I opted for all the goodies before tuning it and it’s a handful on SS until you make some significant gearing and LSD adjustment.
Little tip, fit the wide parts than the wide body. For some reason the game gives you better PP. It's not something that you can duplicate if you switch rims after the widebody is installed. Even if you try the same rims, at the same size, at the same offset. It will go down in PP.
Yes I've tried. No, I'm not going to waste a car & credits to show you. I don't have the 30 million to to just toss around.
If this is the case, this is a great reason to wait to install wide rims until after. Any time you can have the same parts and thus performance but the game shows lower PP number you should take advantage of that error on PD part. Higher PP number doesn’t necessarily mean better performance, though it should if the PP system worked right. The PP system is very flawed. In fact, there have been plenty of cases where lower PP settings combinations are better performing than those showing higher PP. Also, this could be the difference in being able to use the car in a certain event restricted by PP and not being able to.
Bottom line is PP doesn’t drive performance, it is merely to reflect it, but isn’t an exact reflection of actual performance, nor does a higher PP number force better performance, there are instances where PP is way off for how the car actually performs and this seems very much like a case where you’re getting “free” or “extra” performance from a PP calculation error, for those events restricted by PP.

Last edited:
@Nathan88

I have a ‘95 Porsche with the RUF engine, all stock but on Sport Soft tires, and the muffler you get. It hits 649.70 peeps. Perfect for the Porsche Cup League events. I’m a big fan of Porsche and drive all of them a lot. This car still drives like a Porsche, unlike most of the other swaps where the car just sucks afterwards. It can do just under 200 mph at the ‘Schleife.

Could probably be a mean 700 pp car.

Ruf
  • CTR38-CTR3 (Ruf CTR3)
I did this swap last week. I didn't touch weight or power but made some tweaks via suspension & LSD. It's a lot of fun to drive, but it'll bring the ass end around much faster than previously as an unmodified 993 RS. I did most of my tuning for it on Road Atlanta. Haven't run it yet on Le Mans, where I imagine it'll be pretty manageable, nor the Nurburgring, where I imagine it'll be a handful.

I have 2 tunes; SS and RH.

6. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '89
  ・Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '89
  ・Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69
  ・Ford Shelby GT350R '16
  ・Shelby G.T. 350 '65

guess the engines:

I think maybe it's the GAC Maverick engine to Ford and Shelby and LS7 BRZ twin turbo to Chevrolets
kinda boring

6. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '89
  ・Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '89
  ・Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69
  ・Ford Shelby GT350R '16
  ・Shelby G.T. 350 '65

guess the engines:

I think maybe it's the GAC Maverick engine to Ford and Shelby and LS7 BRZ twin turbo to Chevrolets
kinda boring

1969 Z28? Because we do not have a '89.

Please tell me it's Mustang engines in the Chevys and Chevy engines in the Mustangs 😂

EDIT: it is not, new swaps below. 1 new engine by the looks, Windsor 351.

GT350R gets the "Windsor-351-Maverick" from the new Ford Maverick, cost 250k

C4 corvette gets the LT5-Corvette-C7

Z28 Camaro gets the LT4-Camaro (139,750cr)

Boss 429 gets the voodoo-5.2l-GT350R

SHELBY GT350 gets the voodoo-5.2l-GT350R

Last edited:
Please tell me it's Mustang engines in the Chevys and Chevy engines in the Mustangs 😂

EDIT: it is not, new swaps below. 1 new engine by the looks, Windsor 351.

GT350R gets the "Windsor-351-Maverick" from the new Ford Maverick, cost 250k

C4 corvette gets the LT5-Corvette-C7

Z28 Camaro gets the LT4-Camaro (139,750cr)

Boss 429 gets the voodoo-5.2l-GT350R

SHELBY GT350 gets the voodoo-5.2l-GT350R
Damn, new reason to get another copy of GT350 and 429.

Don't bother with the Mustang '69 swap if you're after power - Stock engine with tuning gave 896bhp vs swapped 817.

The new ZR1 swap is nice in the C4 ZR1, though, right up there with some of the Silvias for top speed at 294mph:

The GT350R with the Maverick swap was disappointing, no diffuser meant it's a bit of a brick... expected more than 275mph for all that power :indiff:

Last edited:
Back