Gran Turismo 7 Featured in PlayStation 5 DualSense Video

It's not 100% identical though, which is what they meant. It was always the obvious sign to me as well that it was all placeholder. They will definitely change something, even if its just minor cosmetics like in your illustration of 5 to 6.

Last edited:
Boy did I dodge a bullet not being able to score a PS5 for the kids at Christmas. Looks like those shopping bots were doing me a favor.

Only real reason to get one was this game, so I'd be stuck hanging on for every little crumb of information like this. Not this time PD, not this time!

Nah just based on silly facts like GT7SP files within the game...
How does that mean prologue? It just means it was internally titled Gran Turismo 7: Sport at one point. Devs give software different internal names all the time.

There have been two GT prologues so far. Both of them were announced AFTER the full game had already been announced as coming. They were designed as a small stop gap whilst development of the full game continued. They did not release at full price, they did not release 5 years before the full game, they were not promoted as full games which PD focused on fully. They were not the only game on a Playstation console.

A prologue, broadly speaking, is an introduction chapter to a fuller story or event. Gran Turismo Sport is not presented as an introduction to Gran Turismo 7. It is presented as a full title with a focus on eSports racing. Gran Turismo 7, as far as we know, is not going to have that same focus. It's going to focus back on the single player mode like 1-6, with the eSports on the side.

Call it a spin-off or a side game if you want but it is not a prologue in any sense of the word.

Last edited:
Back