Gran Turismo 7 Featured in PlayStation 5 DualSense Video

Originally, GT7 was a game for 2021, if we can trust Sony. So, that all could have been ready for a launch this year and has maybe nothing to do with a sooner or rater release now next year.

Last edited:
Wow! 32 frames of GT7 footage! In Development! I'm pumped.
Now, back to the release date dartboard...
7/7/22? Catchy, earliest I could imagine
7/12/22? There'll be a whole lot of PS5s that Xmas period... And 9 years since 6... 5 since Sport...

"The waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!"

What i find amusing is people who think just because a part on a model moves that it is part of the games physics .

Suspension doesnt mean anything when the tire model is on par with pure arcade games .

I bet it's all footage from the same b-roll material. It's really disappointing that this is all they show.
If that’s all they’re showing it’s because that’s all they have in a presentable state.

Most games don’t look all super shiny and awesome until a month or two before release, as the dev team has to make the game work before the art department come in and make it look good.

Last edited:
"Interestingly, if you slow the footage right down with YouTube’s playback speed feature you can see the car’s pushrod-actuated suspension at work. As the car pitches to the left — heading to the racing line — the rear-left unloads, and the pushrod attached to the rear upright pivots the bellcrank. That translates the motion into the laterally mounted ZF Sachs coilover."

HAHAHAHAHAA, I nearly lost me coffee I did.

Remember, UK's GQ Magazine had to ask for GT7 news the day we first knew it was officially delayed. The simple fact we probably wouldn't know the delay situation today if it wasn't asked about triggers me way more than the actual delay itself, believe it or not.

So one game you didn’t mention there that had been dated for 2021 is Gran Turismo 7. What’s going on with that one?

Just imagine if this question wasn't put on the table during this interview. Lots of us would be still considering a 2021 release, and this is hell of an unhealthy and disrespectful situation.

Last edited:
"In sony's promotional plans" is hilarous because it means absolutely nothing regarding PD's ability to deliver. Sony can plan and advertise all they want, it doesnt mean PD will have anything playable to hand over on any kind of announced tmetable.

Dear PD & Sony, please make a GT7p prologue as you did with GT5,

release this fall, (& with nurburgring nordschleife, 3 cars)

it will build the hype and calm us the 'green'hell down, a win win situation, all sorts of pun intended.

Last edited:
it will build the hype and calm us the 'green'hell down, a win win situation, all sorts of pun intended.
I would say no. I wouldn't understand why anyone would want to pay any amount of money for some quarter content watered down shell of itself that's basically Gran Turismo Sport rebranded (look at the amount of complaining GTS has got in the first place). Not to mention it's just not done. In fact, with the hype and impending disappointment, releasing anything short of the second coming of Jesus at this point would actually hurt the brand and not help.
It was a bit of a different situation during the prologue period of GT5, they just didn't have the high end competition that they have now eating Polyphonies lunch.

You will get the new Toyota this year. This content rocks everything. So relax.
Only fun.
For me GT Sport is a nearly perfect game. Especially the design. I wouldn’t had had a problem with a GT Sport base Game over the next years with a PS5 update and the option for more content. That we have everytime an „actual“ game and I personally hate the situation of a game which gets end of lifecycle. Content goes down and the successor at first have to get released and has than often bugs at release for example.

Last edited:
I would say no. I wouldn't understand why anyone would want to pay any amount of money for some quarter content watered down shell of itself that's basically Gran Turismo Sport rebranded (look at the amount of complaining GTS has got in the first place). Not to mention it's just not done. In fact, with the hype and impending disappointment, releasing anything short of the second coming of Jesus at this point would actually hurt the brand and not help.
It was a bit of a different situation during the prologue period of GT5, they just didn't have the high end competition that they have now eating Polyphonies lunch.
Remembering that this thread topic is console related, exactly what high end competition is eating PD's lunch, let alone on PlayStation 5? The narrowly focused poorly ported ACC, or the badly received Project Cars 3 (that are both PS4 games)? Both are good games but hardly a threat to PD, and certainly not ''eating their lunch''.

The only real threat to PD is the Forza series just like it was back in the GT5 days.

Remembering that this thread topic is console related, exactly what high end competition is eating PD's lunch, let alone on PlayStation 5? The narrowly focused poorly ported ACC, or the badly received Project Cars 3 (that are both PS4 games)? Both are good games but hardly a threat to PD, and certainly not ''eating their lunch''.

The only real threat to PD is the Forza series just like it was back in the GT5 days.
Is this topic only console related? I don't remember any of that.

Last edited:
Remember, UK's GQ Magazine had to ask for GT7 news the day we first knew it was officially delayed. The simple fact we probably wouldn't know the delay situation today if it wasn't asked about triggers me way more than the actual delay itself, believe it or not.

So one game you didn’t mention there that had been dated for 2021 is Gran Turismo 7. What’s going on with that one?

Just imagine if this question wasn't put on the table during this interview. Lots of us would be still considering a 2021 release, and this is hell of an unhealthy and disrespectful situation.
Just look at the official GT website and still no GT7 section. It was announced too soon by Sony and we know Poly lives in its own bubble (the social medias are clearly not from Poly Japan). I have a big problem with GT7 so far: I'm not impressed by its graphics. Sure cars look amazing but track details, HUD or cockpit view... I hope for Poly that the next Forza Horizon won't be release before GT7.

The footage they showed was essentially just 4K GT Sport with a little bit of neutered ray traced reflections. Whether that's just WIP or an indication that that's all the current gen hardware allows them to do, who knows...

Is this topic only console related? I don't remember any of that.
Thread topic is about a console game in a console related peripheral article where you were comparing GT5 days to now was my point. It may be a bit different for you as PC user but there's not a lot different for console users.

Even if you include PC, what high end competition is eating the lunch of PD? Forza (and NFS, but I personally don't see this as direct competition) is the only series up there with GT in sales just like in GT5 days.

The footage they showed was essentially just 4K GT Sport with a little bit of neutered ray traced reflections. Whether that's just WIP or an indication that that's all the current gen hardware allows them to do, who knows...
IMO This is the least impressive PS5 first party game so far.

GT7 will probably be the first GT game in the series where I don't start on a controller
Have really gotten into the wheel with GT-S, although started on controller
Did have a phase with GT3 on a wheel.

Just look at the official GT website and still no GT7 section. It was announced too soon by Sony and we know Poly lives in its own bubble (the social medias are clearly not from Poly Japan). I have a big problem with GT7 so far: I'm not impressed by its graphics. Sure cars look amazing but track details, HUD or cockpit view... I hope for Poly that the next Forza Horizon won't be release before GT7.
You really think they're going to recycle that HUD from GTS, something PD has never done for the main titles? I've been judgemental about stuff I saw in the trailer but it will be around a two year gap between what we saw and what's going to be released; literally everything in that trailer could be placeholders and WIPs. I'm personally reserving all judgement until we get updated footage and screenshots closer to the projected release date.

It sucks that something as small as this is newsworthy but I guess it's a good excuse to give an update on what we know so far.

Last edited:
You really think they're going to recycle that HUD from GTS, something PD has never done for the main titles? I've been judgemental about stuff I saw in the trailer but it will be around a two year gap between what we saw and what's going to be released; literally everything in that trailer could be placeholders and WIPs. I'm personally reserving all judgement until we get updated footage and screenshots closer to the projected release date.

It sucks that something as small as this is newsworthy but I guess it's a good excuse to give an update on what we know so far.

You pretty much summed it up. Easy way to tell the HUD is a placeholder I've found is the return of GT Auto in the menu, yet no 'car service' related HUD icons like the oil light that we are used to seeing. It really is just copy and pasted directly from GT Sport.

You really think they're going to recycle that HUD from GTS, something PD has never done for the main titles?

2399660-gt6_screen7.jpg

granturismo5_229829b.jpg

5 and 6 look pretty similar (which isn't a bad thing; it was a decent HUD for its time).

Back