Gran Turismo 7 Features in New Official PS5 Launch Trailer

Jim Ryan via T3 just over a hour ago has admitted millions of PSN customers in the UK and EU will not be able to get the PS5 on release date.
As you've posted this in more than one thread, I'll reiterate it here.

No he didn't. He was speaking to Reuters, not T3 (and T3 made this clear, you've just chosen to pretend otherwise), and he was talking about going into physical game stores to buy consoles. It's as a result of pre-order demand being exceptionally high (he quotes a number that's roughly 200 times larger than PS4 demand).

UK couriers have admitted the same as the EU they cannot deliver PS5 Consoles on time.
And this is at best sensationalist crap.

This is such a joke. Also people don´t know of GT Sport still gets the promised vision Porsche cars or not.

And no - you can´t blame C19.

PD always was bad at communicating and they always will be bad.

Thats my saying. If we get a Bit more content, no Problem. But nearly no content the whole year, to corona times where so many People bought consoles and want to play. Its in my view a forgiven chance to make please the many fans and get maybe more. As i read, the car assembiling was outsourced, its really More understandable why they cant bring out new Cars and bring them later to GT7. The base is safe the same, so i dont See the Problem.
And when you say, contents are free normaly at PD and their decision to do this -> I would have no Problem with paying something if its good. But i cant really, nearly all interesting Cars i have already.

Last edited:
Thats my saying. If we get a Bit more content, no Problem. But nearly no content the whole year, to corona times where so many People bought consoles and want to play. Its in my view a forgiven chance to make please the many fans and get maybe more. As i read, the car assembiling was outsourced, its really More understandable why they cant bring out new Cars and bring them later to GT7. The base is safe the same, so i dont See the Problem.
And when you say, contents are free normaly at PD and their decision to do this -> I would have no Problem with paying something if its good. But i cant really, nearly all interesting Cars i have already.

Thing is they know they don't need to. Here is a list of all the tarmac car driving/racing games currently announced other than GT7 on PS5:

They have literally no competition right now, and add onto that their past reputation that sells copies on name alone and you've got a very complacent PD I'd imagine, with little incentive to do stuff they dont need to.

This is why strong competition is so very important for consumers. Even the indirect competition of Forza isn't on the horizon either.

Last edited:
Today, I have read an article about the Xbox gamepass and that Spencer don’t rule out the game pass anytime in future for PlayStation.
Imagine, Xbox first party games would come to other platforms for example PlayStation, and for example the next Forza would be a really hit, PD could dress warmly.

Thing is they know they don't need to. Here is a list of all the tarmac car driving/racing games currently announced other than GT7 on PS5:

They have literally no competition right now, and add onto that their past reputation that sells copies on name alone and you've got a very complacent PD I'd imagine, with little incentive to do stuff they dont need to.

This is why strong competition is so very important for consumers. Even the indirect competition of Forza isn't on the horizon either.
Yes, in time of spider man and any other games in that category, racing games on PS won’t get Really important anytime more. It got every generation worser, and after the closing of evolution studios, PD is the extant..

To be honest, GT7 launch November, or April... is not very important.

The fact is, only few players will receive their PS5 at console launch (first pre-commands). If market prediction are good, if you pre-commanded the PS5 during the last days... not sure to receive it before late December.

So, few online players at console launch, maybe a good idea to deliver GT7 during Christmas period.

I think the biggest mistake is the end of GTSport updates. That's why I want news about GT7. If GT7 is years away, that's ok (I don't want to see these awful 2d trees anymore). Just add a few cars to GTSport to keep us playing.

Agree, GTS could tide me over well with more cars and a fixed economy. The unfair economy is what kept me from owning all cars and that's kind of a shame (on PD...) given I played the hell out of the game.

Has there been a car list released for GT7? I hope it will be recent and also include older sports car we all love (especially 90s and 2000s)

I think the biggest mistake is the end of GTSport updates. That's why I want news about GT7. If GT7 is years away, that's ok (I don't want to see these awful 2d trees anymore). Just add a few cars to GTSport to keep us playing.

I don't agree.

No. PoDi reserves cars and tracks for GT7 and its normal. Moreover, the fact that they have stopped working on GTS shows that they have entered on the final phase of GT7 development.

They supported GTSport for 3 years to be fair, added a lot of free tracks and cars in the game. It's obvious that GT7 is in full production and majority of their staff have been working on that ever since they stopped releasing DLC. I'd rather see them focusing on their next gen game tbh.

Last edited:
I don't agree.

No. PoDi reserves cars and tracks for GT7 and its normal. Moreover, the fact that they have stopped working on GTS shows that they have entered on the final phase of GT7 development.
I don't think it confirms what phase of developemnt of GT7 PD are at, final or otherwsise, but it does confirm that reasources are being reallocated from GT Sport which suggests they are being put into working on GT7 instead. That implies full attention is now on GT7 and development of that which is good for GT7's development and no doubt will mean the pace of that development in creased now everyone (almost) is focused on that instead of GT Sport.

Back