Gran Turismo 7 Features in New Official PS5 Launch Trailer

Thanks for the info, but that snippets about the new Gran Turismo sucks. But the whole PS5 launch. Think now it’s the baddest ever.

It wouldn't be initially released in Japan first, would it? That wouldn't make a lot of sense. Distribution shouldn't be an issue as it seems like at least half the market downloads titles rather than buying a physical disc.

If they would bring a Bit More Content for gt Sport in the meanwhile,for example endless the Promissed Cars! That would be okay and Great. But another month nothing and no really News of GT7 With only always the Same Trailer snippets, Sorry That sucks really
No-One can explain me, they havent anything more to show from the new game, After 5 months!!

Last edited:
Gran Turismo has not the competition they should have, that’s the problem. As leader with Sony, they can nearly do what they want.
Doesn't have competition? What? Everything on PC far surpasses Gran Turismo. Hordes of people protest Forza has eaten their lunch. They basically wasted a whole generation of console on something people have been complaining about from day one. I can understand being a fan of Gran Turismo, I am too I guess but let's not just let everything they do slide. Start calling them out for what it is. They are far behind in this genre and might want to think about leaving that term "sim" behind.

Edit for positivity: I do hope they get it together this time around.

Last edited:
I mentioned in a different thread about possibly GT Sport delay due to the FIA Events. Not so much the game was unfinished.

Maybe the same for Gran Turismo 7. If all was well with the world and events ran as the would have, the game would be on track for launch and new FIA Events & content ready.

Now, I get that majority of players play offline. I get that if the offline content that PD are pushing, are coming back, there's no need to delay the game due to online content. I get that(we saw PD release GT Sport without GT League).

I'm thinking PD would rather sync everything together for Gran Turismo 7 release.

It wouldn't be initially released in Japan first, would it? That wouldn't make a lot of sense. Distribution shouldn't be an issue as it seems like at least half the market downloads titles rather than buying a physical disc.
We don't know when it's releasing and where it will release first, global releases are more of a norm these days but not always the case. Either way, distribution is hugely important even today, and despite downloads increasing in popularity year on year there are still a lot of disk sales.

Back in July EA reported that 48% of thier game sales were still disks, Sony reported 49% and Take Tow 45% so while digital sales do make up the majority of sales it's not by much of a majority.

Last edited:
I'm terribly sorry that our entirely free content, reporting on things that might be of interest to people who enjoy racing games, doesn't live up to your expectations. Would you like us to make something up that isn't true to satisfy you?

We are all extremely grateful for the work you guys are doing. I know personally i come here everyday to check for news and checkout the forums.

Keep up the great work! Next-gen Forza and GT are on the horizon i imagine you fellas will be working extra hard soon.

Last edited:
I'm terribly sorry that our entirely free content, reporting on things that might be of interest to people who enjoy racing games, doesn't live up to your expectations. Would you like us to make something up that isn't true to satisfy you?

It's just like a certain channel I love watching says on YouTube: You remove a crew member because the people hate him/her and after that people will want them back really soon.

Sometimes it's impossible to win. People who whine like them have a warm place in my ignore list.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Sony and PD are acting like high school girls in regards to GT7. How long are they going to keep teasing us like this. Ive just about had it.

upload_2020-10-28_18-31-23.png

Funny,i never thought gt7 was a launch title,the reveal event had titles that would release from 2020 to 2022 and beyond.
Personally i think gt 7 is a mid 2021 title

Last edited:

I'm very grateful for GTPlanet ofcourse and have used this great site for a decade now... But c'mon this PS5 trailer literally has recycled clip of GT7 trailer again and over and I don't think it was really worth making an article over IMO.

But c'mon this PS5 trailer literally has recycled clip of GT7 trailer again
Which we state in the article.
I don't think it was really worth making an article over IMO.
It was a topic of discussion on here and elsewhere, and of course anything with GT7 in it brings in the traffic - which keeps the lights on - so we decided it was. If anything it saves people from watching the video to find there's cock all in it, then watching the Japanese version to find out there's that in it.

I'm very grateful for GTPlanet ofcourse and have used this great site for a decade now... But c'mon this PS5 trailer literally has recycled clip of GT7 trailer again and over and I don't think it was really worth making an article over IMO.
I'm guessing the article has a lot of clicks, which means a lot of people are reading it or using it to access the clip it's referring to (I did). So although the news itself might not be that significant to most, it's still relevant to GTPlanet and the audience here. If the recycled GT7 clips in the article don't interest some, perhaps the PS5 launch trailer does.

What people mustn't do is put words into the article that aren't there, the article is not saying GT7 will release soon, or an age away, it's just pointing out the current situation and facts. I'm not saying you did this by the way.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the article has a lot of clicks, which means a lot of people are reading it or using it to access the clip it's referring to (I did). So although the news itself might not be that significant to most, it's still relevant to GTPlanet and the audience here. If the recycled GT7 clips in the article don't interest some, perhaps the PS5 launch trailer does.

What you mustn't do is put words into the article that aren't there, the article is not saying GT7 will release soon, or an age away, it's just pointing out the current situation and facts.
You do know in Gran Turismo 7 the gr3 WRX and Lancer Evo will still have no straight line speed, no power, too much weight and look like they have escaped the Christmas Cracker Toy Factory? I dont know whats worse, the wrx, lancer, beetle or citroen concept in your rear view mirror. All you see is gills, lights that look like they have eye lashes and generally when one overtakes in a corner they then get overtaken on the straights and left behind. I would love to make a gr3 VW Beetle Livery with fly and bug spray liverys on it. Beetle in gr3? Seriously? It looks like a car thats time travelled with Rolf Harris.

Last edited:
It's just recycled clips AGAIN, another pointless article.

THANK YOU. I'm tired of them too but GT Planet works in mysterious ways.

Back in July EA reported that 48% of thier game sales were still disks, Sony reported 49% and Take Tow 45% so while digital sales do make up the majority of sales it's not by much of a majority.

Sony's Q2 financial report was released today.

0.jpg

Q4 '19 and Q1 '20 skewed hard by pandemic, the former causing a 12% rise YOY. Depending on how the next 2 quarters go (being winter and lockdowns and such) it could be another big increase for 2020. Be interesting what the ratio will be when the whole world returns to normality.

Back