Gran Turismo 7 Features in New Official PS5 Launch Trailer

It wouldn't be initially released in Japan first, would it? That wouldn't make a lot of sense. Distribution shouldn't be an issue as it seems like at least half the market downloads titles rather than buying a physical disc.
It’s quite customary, to be fair. There is also quite a lot to translate, more than most games, so if for no other reason than that, it seems plausible.

Last edited:
Hm, I understand you guys need clicks to keep the site going and all, but honestly, by constantly doing these articles out of really minor and old stuff, it feels like you secretly know more than you're letting on. Especially since Jordan pretty much knew GT7's existence before it was officially announced. lol

Well, regardless, it's not long before the FIAGTC finals start anyway, so... *shrug*

I think there not really bothered with any trailers because there saving the hype and demand later until the launch lineup has released. Some kind of marketing strategy.

Perhaps not too far after PS5 launch we'll get some new trailer, same goes for Horizon Forbidden West which was announced together and been in development very similar time.

I’m thinking at this point if it is in fact near release, they’ll show new GT7 footage and info during the FIA GT championship finals streams.

I've always enjoyed the Gran Turismo series but have found in recent years the the game has been surpassed in many ways by the likes of Forza. The ai there is better making for more challenging races and the customization choices were in general wider and fairer, paint purchasing rather than gaining from outright car sales a case in point. How many times in GT6 did you buy or win a car only to choose the wrong colour or wish to paint a car in two tone paint without the need to purchase a particular car to achieve that. There were other niggles too but I never ceased to be amazed by the level of detail in the cars, tracks or sounds of the engines nor the extra level Kazunori Yamauchi would go to to fully immerse hisself into the game for our benefit and of course his own. I'm a complete nut for the Nurburgring, it being my favourite track and hope it too maintains a firm place in GT7.

The GT7 trailer was part of the promotion for the PS5 to let people know the games that would be coming to it. There's not much point making a new trailer for that purpose.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Sony and PD are acting like high school girls in regards to GT7. How long are they going to keep teasing us like this. Ive just about had it.
They knew how to tease and it already drove some here go crazy,I'll give them that.
I think you now know what some feels about Cyberpunk 2077 being delayed again after the game gone gold.

Hm, I understand you guys need clicks to keep the site going and all, but honestly, by constantly doing these articles out of really minor and old stuff, it feels like you secretly know more than you're letting on. Especially since Jordan pretty much knew GT7's existence before it was officially announced. lol

Well, regardless, it's not long before the FIAGTC finals start anyway, so... *shrug*

:lol::cool:

Contrary to many members, I think GTPlanet was right to make news. The fact that GT7 is present in a launch trailer is rather reassuring for me about the 2021 release.

thisispain.png

So I'm posting this here but I presume this is a GT Sport race shot?

I got this from a PS Discussion group I'm on and someone thought it was a new shot from a race at Nürburgring in GT 7 but I'm convinced it's Sport since it's in the wet and we don't have a wet Nürburgring yet!

Looks as if it's a Gr 3 race at Spa since I don't recognise this as a bit from Nürburgring unless it's on the Nordschleiffe?

07.png

If anyone can confirm/deny then I'd appreciate the response!

Last edited:

I got this from a PS Discussion group I'm on and someone thought it was a new shot from a race at Nürburgring in GT 7 but I'm convinced it's Sport since it's in the wet and we don't have a wet Nürburgring yet!

Looks as if it's a Gr 3 race at Spa since I don't recognise this as a bit from Nürburgring unless it's on the Nordschleiffe?

View attachment 968057

Edited screenshot from GTS, saw it on Twitter months ago posted by the author. It was also posted recently by GT social media pages:

View attachment 968057

Maybe a screenshot from the glitch, there was des a Update with making every track wet

This trailer is news to me, but I had guessed from the thumbnail pic that there was nothing new to see. I'm concerned with the lack of info from sony regarding GT7 in general.

I'm terribly sorry that our entirely free content, reporting on things that might be of interest to people who enjoy racing games, doesn't live up to your expectations. Would you like us to make something up that isn't true to satisfy you?

Basically what Dave Meltzer does lol

I still find it hilarious that people expect studios to rush a game out that's incomplete, and then complaining that said game is incomplete.

Last edited:
Doesn't have competition? What? Everything on PC far surpasses Gran Turismo. Hordes of people protest Forza has eaten their lunch. .
I'm pretty confident he/she isn't saying there isn't anything better, but GT has no direct rival on playstation. There are much better racing games on playstation, but none have better eye candy to grab the attention of the casuals . GT still easily sells millions despite being a pretty damn poor racing game. After the poor GT5 the series should have got better but it got worse with each release. That proves they have no competition as they're still selling millions and dont seem to cars that their games suck, utterly boring racing games.

We don't know when it's releasing and where it will release first, global releases are more of a norm these days but not always the case. Either way, distribution is hugely important even today, and despite downloads increasing in popularity year on year there are still a lot of disk sales.

Back in July EA reported that 48% of thier game sales were still disks, Sony reported 49% and Take Tow 45% so while digital sales do make up the majority of sales it's not by much of a majority.
I for one will be getting it on disk. Especially if there is a special edition to be had!!!

I'm pretty confident he/she isn't saying there isn't anything better, but GT has no direct rival on playstation. There are much better racing games on playstation, but none have better eye candy to grab the attention of the casuals . GT still easily sells millions despite being a pretty damn poor racing game. After the poor GT5 the series should have got better but it got worse with each release. That proves they have no competition as they're still selling millions and dont seem to cars that their games suck, utterly boring racing games.
Gt and poor racing game can't stand in the same phrase but ok everyone have his opinion...and no in my opinion GTS is the best racing game on ps4 and further,the only game on consoles where competitve racing it's possible,have good graphics and good balanced physics (one one hand you have nfs,forza etc, that are too arcade,on the other hand you have Assetto Corsa that is too hardcore for the majority of people, GT it's in the middle of these two type of games which is the perfect balance in my opinion)

If we're talking about single player then GT Sport (and GT6) are pretty abysmal racing games, given that both barely feature any proper racing, rather the catch the rabbit events with slow moving AI traffic. That ain't racing as we know it. How they got away with that and continue to do so I'll never know.

Online, of which GTS is focused, is obviously a completely different kettle of fish though but since I don't play games online, I can't comment.

Last edited:
Feels like GT7 could be an early release title, but either PD or Sony would like to spend more time polishing it. And knowing the way things are, I bet its PD trying to eek out a few more weeks or months to put out that final polish. Not necessarily wrong either. PD has done a good job releasing new tracks and cars over GT Sport's game cycle, but it would have rated so much higher if the release version had more than it did. As well as the solo player aspect - sure, it wasn't PD's goal to have it be a mainstream GT, but seeing as they didn't release anything else this generation...

TL;DR, GT7 could probably be released super early into the PS5 cycle, but PD wants a few more weeks to make sure initial impressions are negative, only for PD to have to develop and polish content for it anyway.

It does seem like crapping on GT for things other games do better has gotten more popular since GTS came out. But it's understandable because a big budget game like this should have the ability to be at least on par with what other much smaller budget games do in every aspect.

Jim Ryan via T3 just over a hour ago has admitted millions of PSN customers in the UK and EU will not be able to get the PS5 on release date. Polyphony Digital, you have no choice but to make a full GT7 for the PS4. Gran Turismo holds customers like myself to PlayStation for years. The time has come where Polyphony Digital have no choice but to make GT Sport in a full on PS4 Gran Turismo otherwise Microsoft will win this console war. UK couriers have admitted the same as the EU they cannot deliver PS5 Consoles on time. Sony have alot to do and its time Mr Kaz realises GT Sport is the worse mistake he has ever made. Will Polyphony Digital finally admit defeat and Sony allow a full on PS4 GT7?

Get with the times, bros. GT = BAD, OTHER GAMES = SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY. No arguing about it :^)
Agree. I am now fastly becoming a Project Cars gamer. I guess I am not only newbie to the Project Cars series then lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Ryan via T3 just over a hour ago has admitted millions of PSN customers in the UK and EU will not be able to get the PS5 on release date. Polyphony Digital, you have no choice but to make a full GT7 for the PS4. Gran Turismo holds customers like myself to PlayStation for years. The time has come where Polyphony Digital have no choice but to make GT Sport in a full on PS4 Gran Turismo otherwise Microsoft will win this console war. UK couriers have admitted the same as the EU they cannot deliver PS5 Consoles on time. Sony have alot to do and its time Mr Kaz realises GT Sport is the worse mistake he has ever made. Will Polyphony Digital finally admit defeat and Sony allow a full on PS4 GT7?

Or....they could just release GT7 on PS5 next year when PS5s will be easily available. I don't see what launch day shortages, which exist for every console, have to do with a game that isn't a launch title.

Back