Gran Turismo 7: Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 526 comments
Hi,
Could someone give me an explanation, in Brandcentrals the car is marked as obtained but I can't find it in my garage and therefore not in the additional menus either?
Thanks

IMG_4503.jpg
IMG_4505.jpg

So... has anyone else finished a race (in my case Nations Cup at LeMans) and didn't get any points for it? I finished 4th and it shows me getting 0 points, as if i hadn't played it. Just curious if that is a somewhat common or an absolutely rare thing.

So... has anyone else finished a race (in my case Nations Cup at LeMans) and didn't get any points for it? I finished 4th and it shows me getting 0 points, as if i hadn't played it. Just curious if that is a somewhat common or an absolutely rare thing.
You only keep the points for your last run. So it sounds like you went again after your 4th and probably disconnected.

You only keep the points for your last run. So it sounds like you went again after your 4th and probably disconnected.
If it's not that then I think they automatically give 0 now if you get a score that will be dropped. I saw someone get 0 in the race I was in (they did finish and I don't think they disconnected). In this case only 3 points scores count so if it's your 4th best score you'll get 0

Is there a known reason why Opel/Vauxhall is completely absent from the game?
Probably due to licensing - or lack thereof. There are a few notable absences of certain carmakers in the game - I am missing Volvo/Polestar, for example. But if the manufacturers have no interest in being part of the game or ask license prices that PD are not willing to pay, they won't be available. 🤷‍♂️

No way? Of course only one run will count for the points but i always assumed it would be the best one (by points, not rank) but either way, my 4th place was my last run.

What multiplier does the game use during endurance races? I mean for fuel consumption, tire wear and time progress.

Last edited:
What multiplier does the game use during endurance races? I mean for fuel consumption, tire wear and time progress.
It varies with the different races, at LeMans it's 8x fuel / 10x tyres and at Spa it is different.

Does anyone know the expected tire life of the game’s racing tires in either miles or kilometers driven under average/ideal circumstances? Prepping for a league race that can have Virtual Safety Cars and trying to figure out just how far I might be able to stretch he tires across both racing and non racing conditions.

I can't see the Master S License with the other licenses. I haven't completed the Super License yet and so does it only appear once you have completed that?

I can't see the Master S License with the other licenses. I haven't completed the Super License yet and so does it only appear once you have completed that?
Yes.

I guess there is no option to make a seperate car list in your garage? Unless you mark cars as a favorite? I want to make a list with all engine swaps.

Yes.

I guess there is no option to make a seperate car list in your garage? Unless you mark cars as a favorite? I want to make a list with all engine swaps.
There isn't... always have to go through hundreds of cars to find my GR3's (even with "select by category") it would be great if you could just select GR1, GR2, GR3, GR4, street cars, widebody cars, engine swapped cars, etc.

There isn't... always have to go through hundreds of cars to find my GR3's (even with "select by category") it would be great if you could just select GR1, GR2, GR3, GR4, street cars, widebody cars, engine swapped cars, etc.
Indeed. It helps that i currently don't have any cars set as a favorite. So i guess i'll do it that way to know my engine swapped cars.

Is there a way to restore car settings back to default?
You can reset tuning by creating a new setup sheet. Permanent engine upgrades can be removed by replacing the engine, but restoring the body doesn’t remove wide body of I remember rightly.

Is there a way to select a custom grid in a custom race with my EV selected?
I can create a custom race and a custom grid that will be mixed with EVs while I am using ICE.
However, when I try to do the opposite, the car select menu is grayed out and I am forced to select a one-make race.
I have tried loading the data from a pre-created custom race, but only the custom grid settings are reset and made into a one-make race again.

I just want to race my Taycan or Model S and the ICEs in my garage...

For those who have cleared out the UCD completely, is it true that it no longer cycles for you?
I’ve seen a couple of people say this but I’m wondering if that’s a bug affecting only some.
I’m getting close to clear but only now want to start getting doubles.

For those who have cleared out the UCD completely, is it true that it no longer cycles for you?
I’ve seen a couple of people say this but I’m wondering if that’s a bug affecting only some.
I’m getting close to clear but only now want to start getting doubles.
I'm pretty sure I've gotten everything from the UCD. It does still cycle, but it's slow.

I use this website to track what's in the UCD and LCD.

Back