Gran Turismo 7: Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 526 comments
What is the best configuration for the MT using a wireless ps4 controller? My battery only lasts 30-45 minutes at a time.

What is the best configuration for the MT using a wireless ps4 controller? My battery only lasts 30-45 minutes at a time.
Controllers should last 3-4 hours at hard gaming, if yours is lasting 45 minutes then its Time for you to go get a new controller, either a refurb from GameStop or online from Amazon, or a brand new one direct from Sony playstation

Last edited:
If i were to buy a PS5 Digital Edition but i have GT7 on a disc, would buying it again on PS5 transfer my progress still?

What is the absolute top speed that can be achieved in the game?
By any car and with whatever tuning is required.

So far, my top is about 580 km/h with Tomahawk SRT X.

When searching for liveries(styles) is there a way to arrange them by most popular or trending?

I remember in GTS you could do that but in GT7 I don't see the option it is always random a livery with 5000 likes next to one that is just a car with a random paint and 0 likes.

If someone figured it it out please share, either in game or HERE or if there's a third option

Last edited:
What does TM means? (The red Square thingy)
IMG_20231130_230315.jpg

That would be the current selected gear change setting. Manual Transmission or Auto Transmission.

Maybe in your language the words are reversed... So, TM?

That would be the current selected gear change setting. Manual Transmission or Auto Transmission.

Maybe in your language the words are reversed... So, TM?
Yup, makes sense, transmissão manual = manual transmissão, now.. what does the red square means, there sometimes a 1,2 or 3 inside

Yup, makes sense, transmissão manual = manual transmissão, now.. what does the red square means, there sometimes a 1,2 or 3 inside
That is the recommended gear for the upcoming turn. You should note, it's not always the fastest gear for a turn.

Curious question... with all of the famous GT Academy players that have their faces on the AI cars, including Lucas Ordoñez ( first winner of the academy) then why wasn't Jann Mardenborough face included?

Controllers should last 3-4 hours at hard gaming, if yours is lasting 45 minutes then its Time for you to go get a new controller, either a refurb from GameStop or online from Amazon, or a brand new one direct from Sony playstation
Hey, thank you for telling me, see the black one I got from Best Buy in Spring 2021. So it's 2 and a half years old, the red one I ordered from Amazon in March 2022.

Hey, thank you for telling me, see the black one I got from Best Buy in Spring 2021. So it's 2 and a half years old, the red one I ordered from Amazon in March 2022.
By the way, I have gone through 7 controllers, I currently have 4 on chargers on rotation.

My steering wheel (Thrustmaster T80) works using my PS4 and works on the F1 game but when I play GT7 it doesn't recognise it using a steering wheel and thinks that it is a normal controller. When I go on controller settings it only has options for a controller, nothing to do with a steering wheel comes up. It will let me turn the steering wheel to select options as well but does not work in the game. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My steering wheel (Thrustmaster T80) works using my PS4 and works on the F1 game but when I play GT7 it doesn't recognise it using a steering wheel and thinks that it is a normal controller. When I go on controller settings it only has options for a controller, nothing to do with a steering wheel comes up. It will let me turn the steering wheel to select options as well but does not work in the game. Does anyone have any suggestions?
According to the official T80 product page, it requires extra steps:

what steps? I cannot find them.
If you click on "T80 - PlayStation 5 Games list" it says:
EN - Your racing wheel works with the following PS5™ games (#):
ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE – PS5™ -
BUS SIMULATOR 21 Next Stop – PS5 (*) -
Dakar Desert Rally – PS5™ -
DiRT® 5 – PS5™ -
DriftCE (*) -
EA SPORTS™ F1® 23 -
EA SPORTS™ WRC – PS5™

In this game, to ensure correct bindings to suit your current Wheel Rim, please navigate to the Controls menu, highlight your Wheel Base from the list of detected devices, Edit Device and Load Device Preset. From here you can select your currently connected Rim and the tooltips will update accordingly -
F1® 2021 – PS5™ -
F1® 22 – PS5™ -
FARMING SIMULATOR 22 (*) -
Fernbus Simulator [FlixBus] – PS5™ (*) -
GRAN TURISMO™ 7 – PS5™ -
GRID™ Legends – PS5™ -
LAWN MOWING SIMULATOR – PS5™ (*) -
MONSTER TRUCK CHAMPIONSHIP – PS5™ -
NASCAR 21: Ignition – PS5™

(On this game you must turn on the official gamepad controller in addition to the wheel) -
NEED FOR SPEED™ Unbound – PS5™ -
SNOWRUNNER – PS5™ -
SRX: The Game – PS5™ -
STREET OUTLAWS 2 -
Winner Takes All – PS5™ -
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST -
Truck and Logistics Simulator – PS5™ (*)
World of Outlaws: Dirt Racing – PS5™

(In order for the racing wheel to be recognized in this game: once the game is launched, press the PS button on the racing wheel a second time, or press the SHARE/OPTIONS button on the racing wheel.) -
World of Outlaws: Dirt Racing 2023 Season Update – PS5
WRC 9 – PS5
WRC 10 – PS5
WRC GENERATIONS – PS5
WRECKFEST – PS5

What is the best car to use in the Spa WTC 800 race, worth 1M as the top prize!?
Can anyone answer my question please?

What is the best car to use in the Spa WTC 800 race, worth 1M as the top prize!?
I use the Gr.2 McLaren or the Mercedes CLK LM. Although you can win quite easily with any Gr.3 with High RPM turbo. Just make sure and buy inters and wets! Also, don’t ignore yellow flags and you are guaranteed to get the CRB so you get Cr.1.5M

The " best " car for that race is Bugatti VGT gr1 .
Find a tune at 800pp ,put race hard tyres on, use FM4 that can do 13 laps in dry conditions and shoot it.
Its so easy to drive that you don't even want TC at dry conditions.
Of course they're many cars for it but None of them is so " easy" as Bugatti vtg gr1 is.
The easiness of this car is second to none and cost only 1 million.

Hey, in the Clubman Club plus event at Goodwood, how can I beat all the opponents with the restricted PP and tire selection, it seems like it's harder now, idk if PD made the AI stronger in this race but...

Even though it's a two-lap race, it is somewhat challenging, the best i've done is finish 4th. And there's really no tuning options here, so idk what to do.

Last edited:
Hey, in the Clubman Club plus event at Goodwood, how can I beat all the opponents with the restricted PP and tire selection, it seems like it's harder now, idk if PD made the AI stronger in this race but...

Even though it's a two-lap race, it is somewhat challenging, the best i've done is finish 4th. And there's really no tuning options here, so idk what to do.
1702503222187.gif

That's not really helping me even though the GIF is hilarious. NOS?
Nitrous.

You - and I don't specifically mean just you, as it seems to be happening a lot more lately - know you don't need to just lump every single possible question about GT7 into this thread, right?

There's literally nothing stopping anyone from making a thread about a question. This thread is about our GT7 FAQ article and really is intended for suggestions of questions that can go on there to help people who might have a frequently asked question find an answer quickly.

Back