Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Has a Daylight Savings “Daily Workout” Bug

If you’ve played Gran Turismo 7 today — an hour later than usual — you might find yourself on the receiving end of a curious bug in the game: completing Daily Workout mileage will not award a Roulette Ticket...

Last edited:
So if I get this straight I will be 'denied' a daily workout ticket for today Sunday and the following day (Monday) if your article reads correctly @Famine or is it just today Sunday that will be affected.

I'll still do my money race for the day because tbh the tickets always give me cash anyway or some part I'll never use!

I did the daily workout after the clock had been set from 3 am back to 2 am and therefore did not get a ticket. However had I done the necessary mileage at 1 am I would have avoided the issue. I'd love to say that I'm going to be mindful of it next time, but it's really not big enough of a problem for that :lol:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kjb
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Has a Daylight Savings “Daily Workout” Bug

Gran Turismo 7 players around Europe are waking up today — an hour later than usual — to find themselves on the receiving end of a curious bug in the game: completing Daily Workout mileage will not award them a Roulette Ticket...
Who cares, once we have finished the one hour of driving from update, we don't play anyway.

It's such an ass backwards solution to the problem as well. Given that the game is already always online, just base the reset on server time like every other online game. There's a 24 hour window of server time in which you can only receive one ticket. Problem solved.

That Polyphony has an always online game and are still making bandaid fixes for problems from the era when offline gaming was an option shows how little they thought about this.

This happened to me in Australia about a month ago.
Yes, that's in the article.
Resolved now though
I mean, it would be, yes. Australia doesn't go back to winter time zones for another five months - April 2nd - so it won't affect you again until then.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why they call it a roulette ticket? I always get the least value prize. That is after the game makes a point showing me all the other more valuable items I don’t get.
Why rub my nose in it and just give me my cheap ass reward with out all the disappointment.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why they call it a roulette ticket? I always get the least value prize. That is after the game makes a point showing me all the other more valuable items I don’t get.
Why rub my nose in it and just give me my cheap ass reward with out all the disappointment.
So... this is too complicated to explain properly, but it doesn't work like that... but also it doesn't entirely not work like that.

Basic upshot is the entire thing is predetermined, possibly from the first moment you start the game until the end of time. You work through a giant list of prizes, from one to the next... probably. It looks like it works just like GT Sport's roulette did and that was definitely preset and most likely based on GT5's Used Car Dealership list which was a preset list of four billion days.

It looks like you get the least-value prize because... well, 80% of the prizes on the list are the tiny credit amounts appropriate to each ticket. About 20% of the time you won't get that, but then some of the prizes are parts (for a car you probably don't own) or invites (for a brand you probably already had an invite for) and since these are mostly useless most of the time they get remembered as "least-value prize" too. So basically about 90% of the time you get a low amount of credits, or parts you won't use, or an invite you won't use.

As for the whole "roulette" thing, it's basically a visual throwback to the days of GT3, where the prizes actually were random.

It took 2 days for the bug to reset for me (e.g. if you change the date on 30th, you don't get a ticket for 30th and 31st).

Also you can't just skip doing the workout, wait for 2 days, and expect the bug to fix itself. You need to run those 2 days for zero reward to trigger the fix (e.g. change date on 1st, skip workout on 1st and 2nd, expect ticket on 3rd but nope. Workout on 3rd and 4th still gives no ticket. It's fixed on the 5th day).

Silly bug, but given ticket rewards are pants anyway it's not worth stressing over too much.

But think about that cool expensive car that you almost got. Wouldn't it be great to have that? You were so close. Now that you've seen it, you want it. You don't get another roulette ticket until tomorrow and even then you probably won't get that car because RNG, but you could spend some money on microtransactions and have it now if you wanted.

The point of showing you stuff that you had no chance of getting is to make you feel desire for those things. That point of making you feel desire for those things is that hopefully you're one of the people who will spend extra money to get those things quick.

For everyone else it's just irritating, but the devs aren't worried about that because they're already got as much money as they're ever gonna get out of those people. It's designed around the 1-5% of people who might actually spend money on the microtransactions.

After completing daily last night I didn't get ticket either, started to think I had went on in the morning and did it, thought I was now having signs of dementia so now I can put my mind at rest as this clarifies to me that I did not lol.

It took 2 days for the bug to reset for me (e.g. if you change the date on 30th, you don't get a ticket for 30th and 31st).

Also you can't just skip doing the workout, wait for 2 days, and expect the bug to fix itself. You need to run those 2 days for zero reward to trigger the fix (e.g. change date on 1st, skip workout on 1st and 2nd, expect ticket on 3rd but nope. Workout on 3rd and 4th still gives no ticket. It's fixed on the 5th day).

Silly bug, but given ticket rewards are pants anyway it's not worth stressing over too much.
I only lost the ticket reward for the 30th of October. Now a day after, I received a ticket as usual.

FgYQ6QkX0AInW5F

It's such an ass backwards solution to the problem as well. Given that the game is already always online, just base the reset on server time like every other online game. There's a 24 hour window of server time in which you can only receive one ticket. Problem solved.

That Polyphony has an always online game and are still making bandaid fixes for problems from the era when offline gaming was an option shows how little they thought about this.
Sorry, but that would be an even worse "fix". Not getting the daily workout prize once or twice a year is not great, but in your proposal you would not get a prize every time you play after a certain time one day and before that time the next day, decided by a completely arbitrary server time. That would be unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back