Gran Turismo 7 Has a Daylight Savings "Daily Workout" Bug

• Thread starter Famine
  • 136 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got no ticket on sunday, but yesterday i did get one, and it was even 6-star. But only one of those titanium tuning parts, no engine. :(

So... this is too complicated to explain properly, but it doesn't work like that... but also it doesn't entirely not work like that.

Basic upshot is the entire thing is predetermined, possibly from the first moment you start the game until the end of time. You work through a giant list of prizes, from one to the next... probably. It looks like it works just like GT Sport's roulette did and that was definitely preset and most likely based on GT5's Used Car Dealership list which was a preset list of four billion days.

It looks like you get the least-value prize because... well, 80% of the prizes on the list are the tiny credit amounts appropriate to each ticket. About 20% of the time you won't get that, but then some of the prizes are parts (for a car you probably don't own) or invites (for a brand you probably already had an invite for) and since these are mostly useless most of the time they get remembered as "least-value prize" too. So basically about 90% of the time you get a low amount of credits, or parts you won't use, or an invite you won't use.

As for the whole "roulette" thing, it's basically a visual throwback to the days of GT3, where the prizes actually were random.
It’s not the cheap prizes that is the issue. It’s when the ring spins, every item in just that spin. I always always gut the least value prize in that spin.

Last edited:
I saw the story on Sunday but, as it happened, I didn't get a chance to even turn the PS on over the weekend, so played yesterday assuming everything would be fine. Nope, no mileage reward. Played again this lunchtime and no reward for today either. I appreciate it's almost always 5 or 10k credits, regardless of what other shiny things are rotating with it, but I'd still like them.

So I haven't played for weeks, played today but didn't get the ticket. Looks like some weird ongoing issue, nice one PD as always. I guess I won't bother playing again until some actual new content is added 🙄

They should just get rid of this insult to their player base, already. It is beyond pathetic at this point.

Worked for me today after no ticket on Sunday, and then not playing yesterday. Maybe you need to hit your mileage at least once after a clock change, then wait an additional day?

I got some brake stuff for a car I don't own.

But still.

It’s not the cheap prizes that is the issue. It’s when the ring spins, every item in just that spin. I always always gut the least value prize in that spin.
That's because the entire thing is predetermined; the prize you get is the only possible prize you'll ever get. The other four items are more-or-less randomly generated (there's some all-cash wheels that are not; one with 1M, 500k, and some lower value prizes will always award the 500k prize).

80% of the prizes in the list are "lowest credit value item possible for this level of ticket", so on average four out of every five spins get you the lowest credit value item possible for that level of ticket.

Oh ok so this is why two days in a row now I’ve been on GT7 ( I’m very casual with it) no ticket rewards for meeting daily requirement driven. I hope they fix it and also I still think credits for arcade racers needs adjusting still to low.

Confused High Quality GIF

01/11/2022 : 0 hour nignt not ticket
02/11/2022 : 1 hour nignt yes ticket 4 stars

TY ! 😎

Since yesterday its back up and working however all won tickets have December rather than November as their date

My ticket worked again yesterday and today.
Two days with it not working after the clock change and now working back to normal.

As far as i know, there is nothing like totally random in programming. :D
Also, people don't necessarily want or like genuinely random. I remember reading an article about the shuffle function on the original iPod (yes, I'm old enough to remember when dinosaurs roamed the high streets) and it specifically WASN'T random. The algorithm had all sorts of tweaks to stop events that, in a genuine random progression, could happen but would be perceived as very non random. Two consecutive tracks from the same artist, for example, or the same album or, worst of all, two tracks in order off the same album. All of those can happen randomly but wouldn't seem random.

What's annoying about the Roulette of Crapness is that it doesn't even try to look random. It just shows you shiny things you can't have.

Also, people don't necessarily want or like genuinely random. I remember reading an article about the shuffle function on the original iPod (yes, I'm old enough to remember when dinosaurs roamed the high streets) and it specifically WASN'T random. The algorithm had all sorts of tweaks to stop events that, in a genuine random progression, could happen but would be perceived as very non random. Two consecutive tracks from the same artist, for example, or the same album or, worst of all, two tracks in order off the same album. All of those can happen randomly but wouldn't seem random.

What's annoying about the Roulette of Crapness is that it doesn't even try to look random. It just shows you shiny things you can't have.
Like that "supercharger"?...and, its not even obtainable... We learned that quick back in the 1.17 ticket bonanza

PD seems to go out of their way to fix anything that will help player get a little bit extra credits instead just giving us higher paying races.

It’s happening to me this weekend, daylight saving was a week ago. I guess if you don’t play since the time changed it happens to you?
I’m so disappointed by this game it’s not even funny anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: kjb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back