Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Hosts Limited-Time Olympic Esports Special Challenge

With the 2023 Olympic Esports Series finals coming up next week, Gran Turismo 7 is hosting a special in-game challenge to whet players’ appetites — and boost their in-game credits balance — for the Motor Sport Event portion of the finals...

Just in case anyone's curious about how difficult this is...

I'm rubbish. I think I got silver on the original TT, and that was on the wheel. Using the pad and spinning on lap two, I caught and passed the lead AI before half-distance and won by ten seconds; I'm also about 20 seconds slower than the "top ten stars" leaderboard right now.

Easy (and welcome!) 2 million for ten minutes' driving.

Sorry for potato quality, but who is Grant?!

Attachments

• 16869686619007523289848719246016.jpg
    16869686619007523289848719246016.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 17
You guys easily won this event?

I only won by overtaking the last 2 cars on the last lap, and while my pace wasn't anywhere near my qualifying time, it was still a solid 1:16.5XX or below during the clean laps and only 1-2 seconds slower on the first 3 traffic laps.
And this was my 2nd try btw, because I finished the 1st one 2 seconds behind the leaders, finished 3rd place (I was really slow, in the 1:18 and 1:19s during the first 3 laps of my 1st try).

20230617_033947.jpg

Last edited:

I'm rubbish. I think I got silver on the original TT, and that was on the wheel. Using the pad and spinning on lap two, I caught and passed the lead AI before half-distance and won by ten seconds; I'm also about 20 seconds slower than the "top ten stars" leaderboard right now.

Thanks! Was looking for an easy donation from the game since I don't play this as much.

I don't know if the difficulty level matters but i was set on hard because of grinding at Sardegna and i got 1st place on my first try,getting the lead near the end of lap 7 and i over shot quite a few corners,the AI brake way to soon it seems,easy 2 million for running a sloppy 10:28,tks PD.

Edit: ran again in normal, got the lead near end of lap 6,about 3.5 seconds quicker
:)

Last edited:
Easy indeed ! I won it on the first try ! Despite a bad first lap, basically was further from 11th AI at the end of lap 1 than at the start of the race.

Passed everyone before the end of lap 7. Total race time 10m45 (normal mode) best lap in the 1:19.0xx

Very easy 2M Cr. !! Too bad we can't grind that event 😁

Last edited:
I was 4s off a win with the controller, but won it quite comfortably with the wheel - PB was 1:19.0xx with the controller, but I could get into the 1:17s with the wheel.

This one is a little bit weird. I won on the first try with 10:34.
I decided to try to improve on my second attempt and did 10:24 but finished 3rd.

Just tried it out as an offline event to learn the wheel I've just been able to get. Second ever 90 minutes on the wheel and I managed to win it. Most of my restarts were due to me wrecking, but beware the AI is determined to PIT you if it ever gets on your inside.

I got second on a try 2s behind 1st, going as fast as I could.
Next try I was slower than the previous try and got to 1st place at end of lap6.
I bit strange that ai...

Without the spin, that would put you borderline D1 in the WRS.

There's a fair bit of rubber-banding, at least on normal difficulty. I was doing consistent 1:19 laps and caught the leader on lap 5. It took a dive-bomb in the turn after the tunnel on a sub-1:19 last lap to get by the rabbit (which did its own sub-1:19 lap on lap 7), and I finished in 10:35 (about 25 seconds off the top-ten). Judging by some other experiences up-thread, it looks like the difficulty slider does make a difference.

Last edited:
Does the game difficulty really make a difference here? Would be weird.
I think it does. My first attempt was on normal and I managed to get on 3rd place with about 4 seconds in between me and the 2nd place. I did it again on easy and won with a 5 second gap. I was curious and did one final attempt on normal again and won again with a 2.5 second gap. Oh well, easy credits. I ain't complaining :)

2 attempts: first with a lot of errors on my side. was first after the 4th lap but had an accident in the last corner and only got 2nd place. second attempt was clean and fast and only got 3rd place. Both on hard difficulty. Strange.

PD can kiss my grits with that one. Got my two million, but Lawd have us mercy, with that spinning and AI pitting crap.

Latest Posts

Back