Gran Turismo 7 Hosts Limited-Time Olympic Esports Special Challenge

• Thread starter Famine
  • 64 comments
So check out this finish from my first go. The finish can't possibly get any closer than this. Pay attention to the lights on Drumont's car and when his goes from one light to two... literally the last frame :lol:

1e0819ec2c665bc6af91acf313e06f77_photo.webp

I just hopped right into it so it wasn't the best of efforts, but it matters naught as I did get the win at the last frame. I still don't really understand where the "finish" line is as both cars seemed more than half way across before it registered. I am disappointed that it didn't give the time deltas at the end as I wanted to see that for sure! But I am not complaining.

The next two times (on the other two accounts) went much more smoothly with double digit time deltas to P2. It was fun and an easy 2mil. Nice surprise, thanks PD!

The AI is really weird on this one.
I just did a few runs to get a feel for the event. My first (completed) attempt was a 10:17.2 and I got first place by a mile, took the lead at start of lap 5.

My second attempt, the AI apparently decided to really step up their game (alot!)
I finished almost 2 seconds faster than my first run, with a 10:15.5
¿¡But I only got 3rd place!?

IMG_5876.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone else think the car is much easier to drive in this event than it was in the TT? I recall in the TT it was a handful and I was spinning out left and right. Just did three of these races and never even came close to losing the car; it was quite pleasant.
Do they give you 2 million bucks for each race, or just the first time?

Do they give you 2 million bucks for each race, or just the first time?

Only first time.
AI seems to be random, as it is in mission challenges. I did 10:24 on my second try and won by 3s. Or maybe it's not random just adjusting to your lap times 🤔

Famine has a habit of calling himself rubbish while being clearly fast, lol.
:lol: No false modesty here!

I just don't get the time to practice anything any more, so I settle into my natural pace of being 4-5% slower than the best players in time trials (silverish) and DR B. I'm definitely not fast, just relatively consistent.

The idea the difficulty slider might affect this never really occurred to me.

Did a sloppy run last night on the pad, too lazy to set up the wheel, and won with just under 10:30 total time. My difficulty is set to "Hard" from day 1, if that is a factor on this race.

Only got the lead on the last lap.

I was straight up not having a good time with this event when I tried. 1:18 FL with 1:19 avgs, and i couldn't get close enough to 1st and 2nd to try and make any moves...

Playing on Hard, and on a very recently acquired PSVR2 so it may be a skill/adjustment issue on my end.

188c9b47f9449-screenshotUrl.jpg

Alt text for the image - posted a 10.20.137

Playing on hard and placed 3rd on my first two attempts. Then posted this race time which was only 9 tenths faster and won the race, taking P1 on the end of lap 7.

Found the car tricky on corner exit, so dialled up the TC as I'm not great at the game, but liked that the setup didn't have too much understeer on initial turn in, like most BOP setups tend to.

I keep spinning with this GR010 Hybrid, it's not really fun. And I feel like anything above TC0 would be too slow to catch the faster car (in easy, that is; maybe it's broken.) :(
:lol: No false modesty here!

I just don't get the time to practice anything any more, so I settle into my natural pace of being 4-5% slower than the best players in time trials (silverish) and DR B.
Bronze (<10%) already seems an absolutely unattainable dream to me…
Not directed to anyone in particular, but I always have the feeling on the forums (either here or reddit) than people forget they've got thousands of hours of practice :lol:

I'll go back to Sardegna grinding. :lol:

Edit: first completed attempt is last at 12:32.992 (spun 4 times) with a best lap at 1:24.5 (where I didn't spin, but it's probably not even fast enough to catch 1st anyways)

Last edited:
And I feel like anything above TC0 would be too slow to catch the faster car
:eek:
I drive prototypes with TC2. On this track, for turn 10, I sometimes even use TC3. How do you even accelerate at all with TC0?

---

After 3 failed attempts on hard difficulty, the leader's rear bumper hit my front bumper at the hairpin in the final lap to let me win the race. :D

:eek:
I drive prototypes with TC2. On this track, for turn 10, I sometimes even use TC3. How do you even accelerate at all with TC0?
I… uh… try to find the right amount of throttle; which I'm not good at, seeing the number of spins; I haven't noted where exactly though (but turn 7 was mostly where I didn't control throttle properly enough). Might try at TC2~3 later.

I'm trying to get the habit of TC0 to have a more precise control of my car which for me is a step before trying to find precisely my apex; but that might be a bad idea with some cars.

On hard difficulty, I manage to get up to P3 around lap 5 or 6. The two cars ahead bunch up and begin to leave me. But I had the last laugh into the final hairpin on the last lap and punted 2 into 1 and took the lead (payback for all the other AI cars pitting me in previous attempts).

Final time was 10:31.xxx ... I might try to win cleanly later, but for now the 2 million credits are mine.

I'm trying to get the habit of TC0 to have a more precise control of my car which for me is a step before trying to find precisely my apex; but that might be a bad idea with some cars.
Maybe you should do the opposite. Make the task easier, get to know the track and lower your lap times, and when you are at the best possible, try removing some assist to see if it makes you faster.

I enjoyed this little preview event, did it first time and got me 1st and netted a cool 2million CR, but my overall speed was kinda slow at 10:33 for my first try. Will keep bashing at it tomorrow see if i can improve it.

Enter obvious wall grinding excuse here ________ lol :lol:

The real deal will be more heated and intense, lets see if we get any drama, come on UK!

I Like this event, even the AI is absolute carnage.

For now I am at two attempts, and got third both times. I know 100 % i can gold this. Just need to be more aware of the AI. and take it more easy, and carry a little less speed into turns.

I hope we will get more of these kind's of event's :-)

I Like this event, even the AI is absolute carnage.

For now I am at two attempts, and got third both times. I know 100 % i can gold this. Just need to be more aware of the AI. and take it more easy, and carry a little less speed into turns.

I hope we will get more of these kind's of event's :-)
The event is great, and 2M is a good payout, wish we would get one every week/2 weeks. Finally got gold (after 4 try)

First try for me with a 10:37-ish. Didn't find it that hard once I got the feel of things. Took the lead on lap 5 and that was it. 2 million in the bank.

First try for me with a 10:37-ish. Didn't find it that hard once I got the feel of things. Took the lead on lap 5 and that was it. 2 million in the bank.
Great work. I had to run it three times and finished 3rd on my first two attempts with a high 10.20.9XX.

Then on my third attempt I managed to get the win, taking the lead on the end of lap 7 to cross the line on a 10.20.137.

It's wild how varied the AI are, I guess it also depends on how cleanly you overtake them. If there's a little nudge here and there, they tend to get activated like the Winter Soldier and go many seconds a lap quicker.

You should've seen some of the seasonal events back in the day. Those were truly iconic.
Ah yes the seasonal events, why they don't bring those back with similar race lengths/payouts is beyond me especially this late in the game's lifecycle - oh well PD does what PD does.

Enjoyed this one even though I don't like the GR010 nor this version of Deep Forest. TC0-1, got lead at the end of lap 7, total time 10:28:xx, fastest lap 1:19:xx.

Latest Posts

Back