Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,393 comments
Wouldn't be slightly surprised if the new Z did show up in GT7 at launch or later as an update tie in car but this isn't it. The 240Z as well but I think they'd bring back just the G nose version from GT4.

Last edited:
Idk man, the car's handling animations looks a bit...... janky.

Also, NO REAL-TIME RAYTRACING.
I don't think that the little PS5 AMD apu is capable of doing real time ray tracing in 4k 60fps...even on Nvidia high end gpu cards it's extremely difficult to reach the 60fps target with ray tracing

Last edited:
This was posted in the new Z car thread in the Auto News section, but while watching it I couldn't help but notice that it looked very PD and Gran Turismo. Am I wrong? Wouldn't be surprised if this car ended up in GT7 but this might be a hint.

Looks like a low budget render with the car animating without any real physics simulation behind it; track environment detail isn't even as good as GT6.

Last edited:
I'm not too concerned with much detail. The "track" is in the shape of the NISSAN logo. No need for full on grandstands, Marshall's, etc. There are plenty of trees to mask everything else. That's IF PD had anything to do with this.

Looks like a low budget render with the car animating without any real physics simulation behind it; track environment detail isn't even as good as GT6.

Looks very alike rigged vehicle animation physics like what can be achieved with Blender or equivalent.

I have seen the video and i see ... stranger. I think that It isn't GT7 and it isn't a Polyphony's video. However, i believe that the new Nissan Z, with his brothers, will be in GT7. The real question is: where is GT7? :confused:

This was posted in the new Z car thread in the Auto News section, but while watching it I couldn't help but notice that it looked very PD and Gran Turismo. Am I wrong? Wouldn't be surprised if this car ended up in GT7 but this might be a hint.

I am 500% sure this is Polyphony Digital material.
Everything in this video screams Gran Turismo.

Wasnt comming in history a new GT-licensed wheel with a new GT-Game? So That could be a aspect, when there will come anything.

Last edited:
I saw no evidence of the usual weight-transfer characteristics we'd expect to see from PD. Where's the body roll and wobble? Way-too-smooth.

The trackside assets weren't quite up-to-par either IMHO. Clearly not produced by PD.

I am 500% sure this is Polyphony Digital material.
Everything in this video screams Gran Turismo.

I agree. The cars, the camera angles, the lighting, the track... it's PD for sure.

EDIT: Also the lack of the license plates or the driver means nothing, it only takes a single click for them to hide it for a promo video like this.

Last edited:
I’m on the fence.

+ Some camera angles are very similar to the style that PD often uses.
+ It’s a Nissan, so it’s not unthinkable that PD were involved.

- The scenery doesn’t look like PD to me.
- It’s not hard to achieve this level of realism in 3D renders.

I saw no evidence of the usual weight-transfer characteristics we'd expect to see from PD. Where's the body roll and wobble? Way-too-smooth.

The trackside assets weren't quite up-to-par either IMHO. Clearly not produced by PD.
"Clearly not" how? Everything in this video screams Gran Turismo.
Absence of body roll and wobble: totally normal in some GT trailers and even in old gameplay like GT5. The weird height and no body roll on the old Fairlady in this video suggest that the physics were not adjusted the way they should be. Clearly shows a work in progress or something made in a rush. Again, typical of PD.
Way too smooth: totally normal in GT trailers.
I'd go as far as saying that THIS is the clear evidence it's made by PD. We're used to these things.

Other than
-the graphics (camera angles, reflections, vegetation, lighting, smoothness of surfaces, smoothness of track, absence of skidmarks and smoke, all identical to GT promotional material)
-the fact that Nissan and Polyphony Digital have a very close collaboration (why would Nissan let anyone else make their public 3D renders, especially when Polyphony Digital are working on those very same cars for the upcoming title? You can say there's no evidence the prototype will be in GT7, well wait and see. Why wouldn't it be? They already gave us prototypes in previous titles)
-the fact that they're showing turn signals on the prototype, and turn signals are new in GT since Sport.

EDIT: another giveway -> the rear license plates with the respective car names and fonts. It's a classic in GT.

Last edited:

The cars movement in the video will likely have been predetermined path movement, not AI controlled real time physics based. They usually go the pre-set path route in these videos becuase they know preciesely what they want to the car to do, where they want it to go and how fast they want it to move. Much easier than using real time physics and AI.

As for it being done by PD, it could be, we know for certain PD have been involved in this way with car manufacturers promotional videos before. It wouldn't surprise me if this was them, but there's no guarentee of it.

Last edited:
The cars movement int he video will likely have been predetermined path movement, not AI controlled real time physics based. They usually go the pre-set path route in the videos becuase they know preciesely what they want to the car to do, where they want it togo and how fast they want it to move. Much easier that using real time physics and AI.
Exactly

The lack of a front plate on the 300ZX is very conspicuous, since there's usually been one on every Z32 that has shown up in the series since GT3. I really should have read the previous page
Judging by the front bumper, the Z32 that shows up in the video seems to be an NA model unlike any of the ones in Gran Turismo so far.

I also agree about the car movements and lack of tyre smoke being very un-GT-like. I'm confident this is a marketing video deliberately created to evoke the feeling of Gran Turismo, but it's not the real deal.

Last edited:
upload_2021-1-20_14-1-22.png

The only part that, for me, has the most Gran Turismo vibes of the entire video.

Having a pre-set path wouldn't cause the car to lose its realistic physics animations or lack of suspension modeling if there was one, especially when going over bumps and curbs. The car isn't doing anything special either besides just going around the track with a few shots of drift solo; Polyphony's car trailers already does that and much more complex set ups along with realistic physics animations. They have a pretty clear high level of control over what they want their cars to do in their trailers. PD's production values and cinematography are also leagues above that nissan video. It's not even up for debate how much more convincing PD's cars and visuals are versus the Nissan promo.

I'm pretty sure it's a Nissan promo video and not GT7. Even if that car is in GT7 and that video was made with the help of PD that is not likely to be GT7.
You are absolutely right, you can even notice that the graphics isn't that good in that promotional video and PD knows how to create a good graphics.

Here we are, over-analysing a trailer for a new car that makes no mention of Gran Turismo, trying to find any hint that it is is any way related to Gran Turismo, because the manufacturer of the car in question has previously been partnered with PD and the last time we received news about GT7 was 8th December and that was for about half a second of new footage and a change to the anticipated release window.

GT7 is supposed to release in the first half of 2021, based on PD's communication regarding the game, I struggle to see how this could come out in the next 5 months unfortunately.

Last edited:
Here we are, over-analysing a trailer for a new car that makes no mention of Gran Turismo, trying to find any hint that it is is any way related to Gran Turismo, because the manufacturer of the car in question has previously been partnered with PD and the last time we received news about GT7 was 8th December and that was for about half a second of new footage and a change to the anticipated release window.

GT7 is supposed to release in the first half of 2021, based on PD's communication regarding the game, I struggle to see how this could come out in the next 5 months unfortunately.

Honestly, I am fine with this since PS5s are still extremely hard to get right now (at a reasonable price). It also doesn’t look like they will have more in stock anytime soon...

Last edited:
Back