Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments
ZEE
On the PS5 games screen when you access the store and stuff, the GT7 placeholder is always now stating "Coming Soon, so I speculate that PD are holding off any shouts just yet.

Probably at a "PS State of play event" (whenever that maybe) that GT7 will be re-announced with a newer build trailer 2.0 around April 2021 with a guestimate date of release for Nov 2021. Fingers crossed!
If Dusk Golem's credentials are still legit, the next PS event may actually be either this month or February. 'Cause we still got Ratchet first and there's no date for that yet.

As long as the Pennzoil R34 is there, I’ll be happy!
As the 3 2008 GT500 cars that we have in GT Sport were already present in GT6 with detailed interiors, i think that we might get all the GT6 gt500 cars with detailed interiors, but i'm not excluding the possibility to get simplified interior cars.
I'm saying this because probably PD still holds the licences of the cars.

Simplified interiors GT500 cars in GT6

1993 Calsonic Skyline
1999 Pennzoil Skyline
2000 Raybrig NSX
2000 ARTA NSX
2000 Castrol Mugen NSX
2000 Calsonic Skyline
2000 Loctite Zexel Skyline
2000 Castrol TOM'S Supra
2000 DENSO SARD Supra
2001 Mobil 1 NSX
2001 Loctite Mugen NSX
2001 Pennzoil Skyline
2001 Xanavi Hiroto Skyline
2001 au CERUMO Supra
2001 Castrol TOM'S Supra
2003 Takata Dome NSX
2003 Xanavi NISMO SKYLINE
2003 Woodone TOM'S Supra
2004 Motul Pitwork Z

Detailed interiors GT500 cars in GT6

1997 Castrol TOM'S Supra
2005 YellowHat YMS Supra
2006 ARTA NSX
2006 Raybrig NSX
2006 Takata Dome NSX
2006 Xanavi NISMO Z
2006 Bandai KRAFT Direzza SC430
2008 Epson NSX (gt sport)
2008 Xanavi NISMO GT-R (gt sport)
2008 Motul Autech GT-R
2008 Woodone Clarion ADVAN GT-R
2008 YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R
2008 Calsonic GT-R
2008 Petronas TOM'S SC430 (gt sport)
2008 Eneos SC430
2008 DENSO SARD SC430
2011 Weider Dome HSV
2012 Keihin HSV
2012 Raybrig HSV

Simplified interiors GT300 cars in GT6

2000 ARTA APEX MR-S
2003 ARTA Garaiya
2003 CUSCO Subaru ADVAN Impreza
2003 WedsSport Celica
2004 Re Amemiya AsparaDrink RX-7

Detailed interiors GT300 cars in GT6

2006 Re Amemiya AsparaDrink RX-7
2008 ARTA Garaiya
2008 WedsSport IS350
2008 CUSCO Dunlop Subaru Impreza
2012 R&D Sports BRZ

Yeah, nearly the same, and that's the point; they're not-identical from what I can remember, which is why I had favourites that I identified by the liveries but which I chose for their power-and-handling characteristics.

I think from memory back in the day my favourites might've been Castrol Tom's and the Denso Sard Supras, with YellowHat being good in later years.

The NSXs I'm not so sure about - the Raybrig maybe?

At any rate, they weren't the same to me.

Last edited:
I think we're not getting multiple liveries of the same GT500 cars, at least from what GT Sport leads me to believe. I'd rather have them give us the base GT300/GT500 cars with the liveries as color options, but whatever.
Well having multiple liveries it's not impossible, but if we don't have the reason is probably that with the livery editor you can do whatever you want, but i still think that having multiple liveries in gt7 is possible.

Yes, but are they actually accurately represented in GT games? I'm fairly certain they all had nearly the same performance in GT4/5.
In gt sport cars are really well (they are almost perfect) represented, they improved them a lot from gt6

Yeah, nearly the same, and that's the point; they're not-identical from what I can remember, which is why I had favourites that I identified by the liveries but which I chose for their power-and-handling characteristics.

I think from memory back in the day my favourites might've been Castrol Tom's and the Denso Sard Supras, with YellowHat being good in later years.

The NSXs I'm not so sure about - the Raybrig maybe?

At any rate, they weren't the same to me.
Well, every team starts with the same car, but then starting from the winyer tests they upgrade it as the season goes on, so we might get the same car or a different car in the game.

Anyway i can't wait for more news about gt7

Last edited:
I think we're not getting multiple liveries of the same GT500 cars, at least from what GT Sport leads me to believe. I'd rather have them give us the base GT300/GT500 cars with the liveries as color options, but whatever.

Well having multiple liveries it's not impossible, but if we don't have the reason is probably that with the livery editor you can do whatever you want, but i still think that having multiple liveries in gt7 is possible.

Other team liveries will always be better officially provided via game. Restricting the other ones to livery would never create a true Super GT race, like in the offline events, if the AI is allowed to pick other liveries by user, it may pick the one that's accurate to Super GT, but can pick unrelated liveries as well.

Other team liveries will always be better officially provided via game. Restricting the other ones to livery would never create a true Super GT race, like in the offline events, if the AI is allowed to pick other liveries by user, it may pick the one that's accurate to Super GT, but can pick unrelated liveries as well.

Actually, in GT Sport, the AI has their own share of preset liveries in every event, including the Super GT championship. It would be nice if we were able to actually obtain these liveries for ourselves as well, though.

As long as the Pennzoil R34 is there, I’ll be happy!
Unfortunately, it was recently confirmed that the "REAL" PENNZOIL NISMO GT-R '99 no longer exists.

It became clear that the one turned into Castrol NISMO GT-R in 2000... and CRASHED during free session of Race 1.
As a substitute, CALSONIC SKYLINE '99 was repainted into Castrol NISMO GT-R for the race. The one was used as NISMO GT-R in Suzuka 1000km, and later repainted in PENNZOIL livery.

So the "PENNZOIL NISMO GT-R '99" which we now see was originally CALSONIC SKYLINE '99.
Now it has different parts compared to the real '99 models. (At least the headlights, hood and the color of door mirrors)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it was recently confirmed that the "REAL" PENNZOIL NISMO GT-R '99 no longer exists.

It became clear that the one turned into Castrol NISMO GT-R in 2000... and CRASHED during free session of Race 1.
As a substitute, CALSONIC SKYLINE '99 was repainted into Castrol NISMO GT-R for the race. The one was used as NISMO GT-R in Suzuka 1000km, and later repainted in PENNZOIL livery.

So the "PENNZOIL NISMO GT-R '99" which we now see was originally CALSONIC SKYLINE '99.
Now it has different parts compared to the real '99 models. (At least the headlights, hood and the color of door mirrors)
I think much like the current Gr.2 cars in GT Sport, we'll only get (and realistically need) a single JGTC-era Skyline GT-R R34. I'd say the same of the other two major JGTC GT500 racers, namely the Toyota Supra A80 and Honda NSX (first-gen, pre-facelift).

What I do wonder, however, is where these cars will fit in? You'd think those older JGTC cars would fit into Gr.2, and they still could end up there, but they also raced alongside GT1-spec racers like the McLaren F1 GTR, which we've already seen put into Gr.3. Granted, said GT1 racers weren't known for doing well against the GT500 racers, but still. Personally, I'd just put the JGTC GT500 racers into Gr.2. But I'd be extremely surprised if the GT300 cars - both from JGTC and Super GT - didn't make it into Gr.3, as in real life, GT300 racers race alongside FIA GT3 cars all the time.

On that front, I'd bring back the Autobacs Garaiya (both the race car and the road car), the Subaru BRZ, and the 2008 Impreza, but also see if other GT300 automakers could be added. It does seem likely we'll get a GT300-spec Toyota Prius, so I suppose that leaves representation from Honda and Nissan, and the former could have the CR-Z. The latter could use the C-West Razo Silvia. All this being said, I'd be willing to omit the 2008 Impreza and just have the BRZ as far as Subaru GT300 racers go, especially since we already have the newer WRX STI as a made-for-game Gr.3 car that has a striking resemblance to a GT300-styled car. I wouldn't even mind that Nissan Silvia being omitted, as well, as there are still other Gr.3 cars that could be good for Nissan, like the Skyline GT-R (R33) LM - a contemporary of the '95 McLaren F1 GTR - which could also be added alongside the rare Road Going Version.

Honestly, the only GT300 cars I'd want back from a prior GT game the most would be that 2012 BRZ and the '08 Garaiya. There's also potential to expand the GT500 cars, too, like with the Honda HSV-010, or the new Supra A90. That's before we get into expanding Gr.2 as a whole, like with modern DTM cars from Aston Martin, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi.

Last edited:
This is why Gr. 2 is one of the least-represented (and least attractive) racing category in GT Sport thus far, due to the fact that it only has six cars. You can't expect to recreate an entire grid with just one livery variant of a specific race car, and that both Gran Turismo and Forza have done this very well for years.

I hope in GT7, we would get multiple livery variants of race cars, such as GT500/GT300 as well as real-world race cars in the Gr. 1/3/4 classes (be it FIA WEC, IMSA, Nurburgring 24h, etc.). Expect this also to be the case if ever GT7, by chance, features other racing disciplines such as Formula E, NASCAR, IndyCar or even an expansion of Super Formula.

Yep. Exactly that. They have had 3 years to work on this game (7 if you consider GT SPORT a GT7 Prologue)
Ok have it!!! Please don't mind the duct tape
540px-GT7SP_CRS_IMG_R_TOKYO_EXPWY_02.png

upload_2021-1-15_15-16-30.png

History lesson time: The first GTS trailer was during the Paris Games Week in October 2015:

It went all mostly radio silent (a SCEE staff even wasn't so sure if they'll even have the beta in 2016; it gets pushed a year later) until the events leading to the Copper Box launch event in May 2016, a six month gap between the 1st announcement (not seven as I previously said):

Super happy if that Fiat makes it into GT7
This image has been circulating since last year - I think early December. After a solid day of digging on it back then, I found that there's just enough there to give the very faintest ring of truth, but nowhere near enough to put any particular confidence in it.

That's why I didn't write an article about it. And also about eight people care about the FIAT Coupe Turbo (me and seven others), so it wouldn't have been a traffic-spinner.

This image has been circulating since last year - I think early December. After a solid day of digging on it back then, I found that there's just enough there to give the very faintest ring of truth, but nowhere near enough to put any particular confidence in it.

That's why I didn't write an article about it. And also about eight people care about the FIAT Coupe Turbo (me and seven others), so it wouldn't have been a traffic-spinner.
Ah, didn't know it was an "old" picture. I was happy seeing that it might be added to the game :D

It's been just over 3 years since GT Sport released. The longest wait between titles was GT4 to GT5 which was just under 6 years. The second longest was GT6 to GT Sport which was just under 4 years. There is a significant difference between the wait for GT5 and the time between any of the other launches.

The good news is that the long delays in GT4 to GT5 and GT6 to GT Sport were driven mostly by having to build new, higher definition assets. The jump we are waiting on now does not require that. All cars built for GT Sport are built for the long haul... the core brand central model will last through GT8 or 9 at the very least. Yes, they hopefully will be able to upscale polygon count for the actual in game models in GT7 but the highly detailed models are already there to do that from so it is a much easier task. This should get us GT7 quicker than those longer waits.

In theory, lol.

This is why Gr. 2 is one of the least-represented (and least attractive) racing category in GT Sport thus far, due to the fact that it only has six cars. You can't expect to recreate an entire grid with just one livery variant of a specific race car, and that both Gran Turismo and Forza have done this very well for years.

My take is that more vehicles themselves would make Gr.2 more interesting, not just liveries. Modern DTM cars, for example, seem like they'd be a shoe-in, and would allow representation from Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz. That's before we mention Toyota being added to Gr.2 with the newer GR Supra GT500, as well as other GT500 machines returning like the Honda HSV-010. From those alone, a total of eight automakers could very well be in Gr.2, up from the three we currently have now.

Last edited:
Gr.2 doesn't seem, to me, to be the least attractive. Ever since Gr.2 was added, discussion in the the Daily Races, seems like many players aren't tuned into GT500 performance. The cars are very fast, sensitive to inputs and aero/lack of aero.

It's the same as saying NASCAR isn't attractive because of lack of manufacturers. That's how the series is. Not like back in the '60s and '70s with multiple GM and Chrysler products. Same with Super GT. The series consists of the Big Three in Japan. I mean, look at the descrepency between the '16 & '08 models at many tracks. if PD could get the Class 1 cars from Europe, those are closer in performance to anything older than '08 GT500 models. There wouldn't need to be a change in class structure, but more of a car's eligibility.

Even the differences in GT3, GT2, GT1, GTE cars in the Gr.3 class. The Manufacturers Series doesn't really need Gr.3 cars from every brand. Meaning, in the real world, with the real homologated brands, they don't cover as many as Gran Turismo Sport. In the same breath, we have 15 real GT3 cars. If we could only choose out of the real GT3 cars, would players even fret about the fantasy Gr.3 cars?
Er07AZGUcAElK0s

Gr.2 simply need to be updated with official team liveries. For PD to add the amber and blue lights for the same car, may as well add the full Super GT500 teams & drivers. It's not like any other game have Super GT on lock down.

My take is that more vehicles themselves would make Gr.2 more interesting, not just liveries. Modern DTM cars, for example, seem like they'd be a shoe-in, and would allow representation from Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz. That's before we mention Toyota being added to Gr.2 with the newer GR Supra GT500, as well as other GT500 machines returning like the Honda HSV-010. From those alone, a total of eight automakers could very well be in Gr.2, up from the three we currently have now.
Probably if they give us the 2020 gt500 Supra they will give us even the GT-R and the NSX, beacuse we always had all the three cars from a single year, with the only exception of 2011 and 2012 with the hsv.

NSX is all new, as an FR as well. I believe we'll see the 2020 GT500s in GT7.

About that Fiat Coupe, it's cool that FB user wanted to share the possible scanning of the car. However, I want some big leaks. Like someone found out PD scanned a (V8)Supercar or The MAd MAx Interceptor or some old Holdens. Surely someone can't keep their lips zipped tight for this long. :sly:

After announcing of another saison of FIA GT on GT Sport, thats for me a sign, we wont See GT7 as soon. I think, at erliest Point, on end of the year. If GT7 would be as wide to use it for the championsship, they would probably taken it. Any Better Marketing, noone could give. So we have to wait More and more..

Last edited:
I had an unusual question. We know the RX-7 FD (Series 8) is in GT Sport, but what if it returned in GT7 with the addition of a Series 6 model of the RX-7 FD? Personally, I think the differences between the two may be too minute to warrant the inclusion of a Series 6 model, whereas with the RX-8, I think there's enough differences between the first and second-generation models to include both. Then again, I believe the Series 6 is the earliest incarnation of the FD, whereas the Series 8 was the last, with six years between the respective debut of each iteration - 1992 and 1998. Ideally, I'd like to see both a Series 6 and an 8 when it comes to the FD.

Last edited:
I had an unusual question. We know the RX-7 FD (Series 8) is in GT Sport, but what if it returned in GT7 with the addition of a Series 6 model of the RX-7 FD? Personally, I think the differences between the two may be too minute to warrant the inclusion of a Series 6 model, whereas with the RX-8, I think there's enough differences between the first and second-generation models to include both. Then again, I believe the Series 6 is the earliest incarnation of the FD, whereas the Series 8 was the last, with six years between the respective debut of each iteration - 1992 and 1998. Ideally, I'd like to see both a Series 6 and an 8 when it comes to the FD.

I wouldn't throw this possibility out of the window, especially consdering that the '91 Type R FD was a Premium model in the PS3 games. Now, curiously, we never did get a second generation RX-8 in GT ever...

Back