Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,393 comments
A) Some time ago, I got ACC and PC2 and all of the DLC and started playing them a lot. Actually got decent too. But it was so distracting how bad those games look on console. Yes the driving experience was much better. Yes the AI was actually fun to play against. Yes the game sounded much better. But in the end, the games looked like they were from the PS3 era, and ALL the menus were clunky. The whole damn game was clunky.

B) Not trying to be argumentative, but if you gave the rear view mirror to every view in sports mode, you would get a lot more players driving ahead by looking in the rear view mirror... I.e., looking to swerve block you at every opportunity when you're trying to make a pass, or plowing into the back of you because they were primarily paying attention to what the guy was doing behind them. Not to mention the very popular bonnet cam would become way overpowered compared to the other views. Best peripherals outside of chase cam (who uses that view anyways?), and now they get a mirror too??
A) I also have PC2. Considering I bought it on sale, I can forgive the graphics. The number of adjustments that you can make to your car helps with the realism. In my personal opinion, the explanation of that games' adjustments makes it difficult to dial the car in to your liking. GT allows for only the minimum amount of changes & that helps with its accessibility. Admittedly, that is why I play GTS more than PC2.

B) I use the chase cam view exclusively. For me, the immersion factor is in the gameplay, not so much the view from the cockpit. A rear view mirror would help my game due to the Forza crowd who believe you spin to win. As for people who wish to block every pass, we'll have to take that discussion to the thread about the penalty system sucks.

Last edited:
Epic settings are not the max settings in ACC unfortunately, you can go even further beyond that. At epic setting the mirror render distance is 120 and the quality is med which is the half of the max settings.
Epic settings
WBurkQ5.png

Max settings
tJEt7Bk.png

and see the difference in the same place in the video you posted
Epic settings
1VfvH3K.jpg

Max settings
6Kk3Otw.jpg

Your vid where the building disappeared
yxSH2mc.jpg

max settings
laHvGQg.jpg
but you say that there is no point when this baloon or house dissapear at 250m with visiable way? hard for me found on youtube any video with 250m mirror distance, also interesting what is fps impact

Last edited:
snc
but you say that there is no point when this baloon or house dissapear at 250m with visiable way? hard for me found on youtube any video with 250m mirror distance, also interesting what is fps impact
With 1 car only its like 2fps difference, but with 24 cars it goes up to 10fps. Like i said there is nothing wrong with GT7 mirrors. Consoles don't have a RTX 3080 ti so they need to spend there power smartly. Don't need to waste 10fps on mirrors alone, that would be ridiculous and waste of power.

The only way the AI will improve is if it becomes the number one complaint. Everyone raised hell about a campaign in GTS, we got a half baked campaign. It's no good without worthwhile AI, so that's something that they need to self analyze, or for us to guide them in the right direction.

Right? You'd think that they'd want people to have as much situational awareness as possible at all times, considering the nightmare that online can turn into sometimes.
When I do Sport Mode races I use Hood Cam view, and I have no problems or issues using that view in Sport Mode races, because I rarely look behind in them races using that view, and I don't cause any crashes using it and that is the truth.

I mostly use Chase Cam View now because I am a lot quicker using that view, and there is no need to have a mirror using Chase Cam. Using Hood Cam view to me I would not say that view is dangerous to use, just because of a lack view on what is happening around and behind me.
Imari if you don't believe me about not looking behind me when I am using Hood Cam View in Sport Mode Races, perhaps you should came around my place and see me driving because I always focus on what is in front of me, and never looking behind me by pressing a button.

Imari you can have mirrors in any view of what is happening around or behind you, and you are still going to have issues with dive bombers and players that want to destroy you day out on the track in Sport Mode races, no matter what kind if view you use.

The only way the AI will improve is if it becomes the number one complaint. Everyone raised hell about a campaign in GTS, we got a half baked campaign. It's no good without worthwhile AI, so that's something that they need to self analyze, or for us to guide them in the right direction.
Instead of complaining about AI and things that matter people are talking about trees or mirrors 🤣

Also that slight lag between wheel controller and wheel animation is bothering me in racing games.
That's a problem with your setup. You play on a TV?, play on gaming monitors if so, 1-2ms (16 actual ms grey to grey) is the way to go. No lag, feels like old good CRT.

snc
I think you will have disapearing objects in mirror even on highend pc in acc
ACC virtual mirror has always been very bugged and taxing, and even on devs words it's recommended disabling it for huge performance gain.

Last edited:
CBH
When I do Sport Mode races I use Hood Cam view, and I have no problems or issues using that view in Sport Mode races, because I rarely look behind in them races using that view, and I don't cause any crashes using it and that is the truth.

I mostly use Chase Cam View now because I am a lot quicker using that view, and there is no need to have a mirror using Chase Cam. Using Hood Cam view to me I would not say that view is dangerous to use, just because of a lack view on what is happening around and behind me.
Imari if you don't believe me about not looking behind me when I am using Hood Cam View in Sport Mode Races, perhaps you should came around my place and see me driving because I always focus on what is in front of me, and never looking behind me by pressing a button.

Imari you can have mirrors in any view of what is happening around or behind you, and you are still going to have issues with dive bombers and players that want to destroy you day out on the track in Sport Mode races, no matter what kind if view you use.
Sounds like low DR.

CBH
DR is pretty good on my other account when I use Hood Cam View, and you should try it in Daily Races because I had no trouble using it, before I switched to Chase Cam view.
Not having to look around you for other cars sounds like low DR.

Try to race hard and respectful - that's most fun for most people. The respect part is difficult when you treat others like air.

ACC virtual mirror has always been very bugged and taxing, and even on devs words it's recommended disabling it for huge performance gain.
As I said its not bug :d thats specific of 3d rendering, generaly there is nothing behind canera view but because of mirror it has to be rendered thats why is taxing

zh9yzqmdehc31.jpg

There's been this mentality amongst some Gran Turismo players for a long while now that if they consume and always give a positive reception to everything PoDi releases, regardless of whether or not the content, changes or features are a positive or negative impact on the overall experience, that their wishes will eventually be fulfilled by them, whether it's their personal car or course wishlist or some other impossibly-long feature request laundry list.

I for one am hoping that PoDi has a lot more to share before the game releases than what we've seen so far. Gran Turismo 5 had a lot of big content drops several months before its "release date" so I'm hoping the same for GT7 since it's in full-steam-ahead marketing mode. Was not really impressed by the Daytona trailer. We've yet to see any actual gameplay features, particularly those noted on the Japanese pamphlet. Either the announcements would be considered a shockwave by the marketing team or they're just waiting for players to discover the content on their own when the game finally releases.
Yeah, blindly believing anything relating to a corporation are bad and approach and it's pointed out in your picture there. There are even those who somehow can be anti-nostalgia (any past features) yet thinks anything PD does would be right (like bashing features that aren't in GTS as old and outdated, and excusing PD as "knows what to do"). Those who think suggesting to improve are haters are just holding back the game (though the manner of said suggesting are important to be taken into account too).

Though going too far in the opposite direction (blindly being negative) is no right either (I think there are almost no people here who blindly shill PD, though yeah, there are people outside here are back into totally shilling GT despite the reception GT6 and GTS had; I guess GT7 was successful at winning a good portion of people back), despite that the approach seems to be more accepted, in a blind way as well (any negative views/comments being always seen as mature or insightful), while also blindly seeing anyone that makes positive comments or even not constantly bashing something as being stupid and sheep (or being blamed for holding back the game).
GT6 promo material offered driving on the moon, Goodwood Hill Climb, GPS Course maker, new tracks like Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Bathurst. Sure, the moon stuff was nonsense and the course maker never lived up to promise even 18 months late, but still. It was new content.
So you'd consider Course maker a new content, despite GT is known for not providing new stuff. Otherwise from your list there, Course maker are the only new stuff? (there are always new cars or new tracks).
On a totally personal note,for me,get rid of the VGT cars and replace them with real world cars,i used the tomahawk for a few laps mainly out of curiosity.This is my own opinion and not wishing to start any grief. 👍
Not into VGT either but no need to remove stuff. Why people are constantly making petition to remove something they don't like in game? I hate new games removing stuff from earlier games tbh (unless if it's something totally detrimental like just limiting the player, but if it's not necessary choice then keep it tbh, like for example GRID 2's removal of cockpit camera). Just stop adding it and exclusively adding real cars, but keep those that are in the game.

Except there isn't for GT7, so far. That's the point.
It might be the case that we won't see some content until right before or after the release of the game. I might remember wrong here, but didn't we see some content for GT Sport right after it was released, Lago Maggiore for example?

It might be the case that we won't see some content until right before or after the release of the game. I might remember wrong here, but didn't we see some content for GT Sport right after it was released, Lago Maggiore for example?
Well of course, we don't know what we'll see in the next six weeks, we can only comment and discuss what they have shown so far.

If they show us a couple of new tracks and features in the coming weeks then obviously any current critique would be nullified.

Last edited:
I know this has likely been posted a few times, but on the new tracks , there are quite literally NO new European tracks per GT7 website screenshot... considering how many amazing tracks there are in Europe that's very surprising:

i1fpp6dQezgBK7c.jpg

Could be they added more and this is just early development pick (drag and dropped GT Sport tracks)...but yeah hope I'm wrong.

I know this has likely been posted a few times, but on the new tracks , there are quite literally NO new European tracks per GT7 website screenshot... considering how many amazing tracks there are in Europe that's very surprising:

View attachment 1106197

Could be they added more and this is just early development pick (drag and dropped GT Sport tracks)...but yeah hope I'm wrong.
Mind you, that build was sometime during September of last year, so that's definitely not final yet. You would also have to consider the fact that there were Covid restrictions all over Europe at the time (still ongoing, to no surprise) so they couldn't just go and laser-scan more tracks. I'd be surprised if tracks like Ascari and Silverstone return, but knowing Polyphony, PS3 track assets aren't good enough to work with modern day hardware, as with the case of the PS4 and PS5.

Last edited:
Mind you, that build was sometime during September of last year, so that's definitely not final yet. You would also have to consider the fact that there were Covid restrictions all over Europe at the time (still ongoing, to no surprise) so they couldn't just go and laser-scan more tracks. I'd be surprised if tracks like Ascari and Silverstone return, but knowing Polyphony, PS3 track assets aren't good enough to work with modern day hardware, as with the case of the PS4 and PS5.
They started work on the game in 2017, they had a good two years to scan tracks. The pandemic can't entirely be used as an excuse for that. Sure, they obviously didn't know it was coming but scanning is the first process for including a track, so logic dictates it's done early in production.

Last edited:
CBH

It's not about what you can race with or are comfortable using. If you don't want to look behind you then best of luck. Sounds like something that no sane racing driver would ever brag about, but whatever.

If there's a mirror there, you're not forced to use it. I was just pointing out that making as much information about what's going on around the player leads to cleaner racing, at least for the players who are trying to race clean.
So you'd consider Course maker a new content, despite GT is known for not providing new stuff.
The GT6 course maker was advertised as being radically different from the GT5 course maker. I mean, it was in final implementation too, it's just that the final implementation was also a long way (and a long time)
They could probably have gone and scanned more Japanese tracks after the first wave of Covid died down though, if they needed more tracks. It wouldn't be ideal, but if you've got artists ready to work and no track data to give them it would seem better than nothing. I'd imagine a lot of Japanese tracks would have been on board, they weren't going to be getting revenue from holding races any time in the near future.
from what anyone expected given the original advertising.

Do we know anything about Circuit Experience? I think it's confirmed as being present in GT7, but do we know anything else? I was personally hoping that the cars we're assigned for each course has more to do with the actual course, and not so much just a bunch of Gr.3/Gr.4 cars. I think the only exception in GTS was the Porsche 919 being assigned to Le Mans.

For example, I could see the Aston Martin DB5 or the Jaguar E-Type being the assigned car for the Goodwood Circuit, with the Lexus RC F being the car for Fuji Speedway. But there could still be Gr.4/Gr.3 cars, like how the Ford GT LM (IMSA) could easily be the assigned car for the Daytona Road Course. Then there could even be some Gr.X cars, like the F1500T-A being the potential car for the 80's version of Monza.

But I suppose this proposed larger variety of assigned cars would depend on some factors. Would you still allow such a large range of cars to be available to drive - albeit within the limits of Circuit Experience - regardless of your progress? Would there be certain courses that use certain cars (e.g. Monza 80's with the F1500T-A) that would be locked behind certain benchmarks, like a certain level? Or could there be multiple levels for each course, each with a different vehicle? That last idea seems like it could easily get repetitive in practice.

Overall, I ultimately wouldn't really mind if we had to mostly stick with Gr.4/Gr.3 cars again for Circuit Experience, with the occasional Gr.1 car. I suppose this is also why in GTS, not all layouts are in Circuit Experience, such as the B and C layouts of Sardegna, as this would likely lead to a shortage of remaining racecars to assign.

So, here's my conclusion. We know Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, and Daytona are returning. I bet that for the last one, we'll specifically be going on the Road Course for Circuit Experience, and I bet the Ford GT LM (IMSA) will be our assigned car, leaving us to wonder what cars will be assigned to us on Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. We know at least several cars are coming to Gr.4 and Gr.3, respectively such as the Alfa Romeo 155 TI and the Audi R8 LMS Evo. Furthermore, in GTS, some Gr.4/Gr.3 cars were not used in Circuit Experience: the Aston Martin DBR9, the BMW M3 (E92) GT2, the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept, the Porsche Cayman GT4 ClubSport, the Ferrari 458 Gr.4, the other BMW M6 GT3, and likely at least a few others I forgot.

Clearly, if GT7 continues the trend of mostly assigning Gr.4/Gr.3 cars in Circuit Experience, there are tons of tracks that could be added - both from prior GT games and new to the series, both originally-designed and real-world - without running the risk of re-using a certain model. And again, that's before we consider another course that could assign us a Gr.1 car, like we saw at the Circuit de la Sarthe in GTS. I definitely imagine that the JGTC-era Supra GT500 would be the assigned car for Trial Mountain, as the image of that car on that course seems very much an emblem of Gran Turismo. As for Deep Forest, I could see the Alfa Romeo 155 TI being the pick.

But as much as I like Gr.1, I also don't see much room for more Gr.1 cars in Circuit Experience - unless the Daytona Road Course has us use a Gr.1 instead of the much more appropriate Ford GT LM (IMSA). (Of course, since it's improbable that LMDh/LMH cars will be at GT7's launch, I could see the Cadillac or Acura DPi racers being appropriate assigned cars, too. That is, if they're added.) Furthermore, the usual circuits that would seem best for Gr.1 are already taken up in Circuit Experience by Gr.4/Gr.3 cars, such as Monza, Spa-Francorchamps, and Interlagos. The only possible real-world courses that could be added and also be good for Gr.1 cars - as they've been part of the WEC calendar - are Silverstone, Sebring, the Circuit of the Americas, and I think that'd be it. But besides from all this, I think mostly going for Gr.4/Gr.3 cars with the sole exception be the dirt courses and Le Mans would be the best approach, come to think of it. If more dirt/snow courses are added, I know there are plenty of Gr.B cars that could be assigned, not to mention the idea that more Gr.B cars could be coming to GT7, either at launch or in content updates; the Lancia 037 being a highly likely example of such an addition.

EDIT: Here are my picks for what cars I'd want to assign to some courses, if they're added:

Pikes Peak - Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87
Grand Valley Speedway - Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) GT500
Trial Mountain - Toyota Supra (A80) GT500
Silverstone - Aston Martin DBR9
Monaco - Mercedes-Benz SLS-AMG Gr.4
Cape Ring - BMW M3 (M92) GT2
Goodwood Hillclimb - McLaren F1 GTR '95
Deep Forest - Alfa Romeo 155 TI
Circuito di Roma - Ferrari 458 Gr.4
Monza '80s - Nissan R92CP
Brands Hatch '80s - Jaguar XJR-9
Chamonix - Peugeot RCZ Gr.B
Autumn Ring - Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept

Last edited:
Besides a couple of old tracks returning and a handful of new cars, what has actually changed in Gran Turismo 7 over GTS? Doesn't seem like a massive leap so far. I like the return to the more classic format of the series but I am afraid it'll fall flat. I don't have a lot of faith that the issues that are plaguing the series since it early days will be fixed. Dump and non existent AI being one of them .....

Honestly, GTS has shown me what I play it for: the driving. With GT 1-6, you had distractions on the side. The wheel shop got integrated directly into the livery editor. 👍 The shop where you had to reduce weight. Integrated into the car setting screen. How about changing the oil? Do we really need to simulate that? No. GTS took a chance & streamlined the game to be more focused on driving & less on other things to try to hold your interest. True, the livery editor probably sucked up as much time as the older oil change/wheel shop/paint booth from 1-6, but it allowed us to take our expression of creativity online to be easier to spot in the replays. :lol:

People keep insisting that we don't know what the future of GT is.

It's there from the start: GAAS always online, classic GT campaign and online competitive mode

Again: future =|= something new. That statment is more like a declaration of intent that a hint for something new.

Besides a couple of old tracks returning and a handful of new cars, what has actually changed in Gran Turismo 7 over GTS? Doesn't seem like a massive leap so far. I like the return to the more classic format of the series but I am afraid it'll fall flat. I don't have a lot of faith that the issues that are plaguing the series since it early days will be fixed. Dump and non existent AI being one of them .....
Are you not watching the trailers? The return of the used car dealership, over 600 aero parts and over 100 wheels, the introduction of Brighton Antiques, and so on - and that's just at launch, considering we know additional cars/tracks will be added in content updates, hopefully just like GTS.

EDIT: Also, all the internal parts, like those officially licensed from new partner Brembo, the potential to see more integration of the Michelin partnership, the ongoing VGT program, and so on.
People keep insisting that we don't know what the future of GT is.

It's there from the start: GAAS always online, classic GT campaign and online competitive mode

Again: future =|= something new. That statment is more like a declaration of intent that a hint for something new.
I disagree with GT7 being GaaS. If it's going to be anything like GTS, it'll be the antithesis of a GaaS, with all that free content. No paid passes, no "seasons," and the only micro-transactions being buying the cars outright if you're too impatient to get the credits for them, with the only truly paid content potentially being a special experience in the vein of the Lewis Hamilton Challenge.

See Battlefield 2042? That's a superior example of games-as-a-service. Fortnite is also an excellent example, or pretty much any MMORPG. Heck, I'd say Pokemon GO is a much better example of GaaS before I'd pick GTS, and that's a F2P mobile title with constant limited-time events, where you can get virtually every last bit of content without spending a penny.

GaaS is not solely defined by being always-online. Besides, I agree with the decision to make GTS and GT7 always-online, since it pretty much eliminates cheaters/hackers - something instrumental for a championship with actual prizes like the FIAGTCs.

I wouldn't even call GT5 a game-as-a-service, and that was the GT game that only let you get the added cars/tracks - such as the Lamborghini Aventador - by paying for them, in contrast to GTS.

Last edited:
You haven't experienced 2042, have you?
I've heard it's a terrible game by most measures, supposedly marred by originally being a battle royale earlier in development. But I stand by my statement that it's still a good example of the "games-as-a-service" model. I did not say it was a good game.

Last edited:
Back