Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,399 comments
Because I don't know how these videos are set up (and neither are you) to judge something they aren't advertising for now.
This is a numbered GT and we don't know what difficulty it will have if it will be selectable or if it will be the usual simple stuff.
The only thing that is known is that GTmode will be at the center of the game and that unlike GTsport, which was online focused, they will have to make some improvements to the AI if they want the game to make any sense in that mode. .
Like they did for the past 6 games, but didn't you mean? GT6 was GT Mode focused, the AI was terrible. Abysmal. Not even racing.

I'll ask you as well, if they have fast, competetive AI never seen in a GT before why would they not include it in this or any other video to date? Give me a logical reason why they'd stick to the old AI? Are you seriously going to suggest that if they don't highlight an aspect of the game in the title then it's not supposed to be looked at, and they don't care how it looks? Might as well run the cars at the lowest LOD so it looks like a PS2 model? Why not, the trailer is for the track, right? Who is looking at the cars.

I'm making the assuption that a developer is showing off their game in the best light possible. You're guessing they might show some aspects of the game being poor because......well I don't know why you think that.

Last edited:
they will have to make some improvements to the AI if they want the game to make any sense in that mode
Why will they have to?

Past history shows quite the opposite from PD as a studio, with the move to faux rolling starts and chase the rabbit events from GT5 onwards in single player modes.

As a comparison this video was created to demo the track (a R3E update to Laguna Seca), yet the AI is actually on the pace, competent, and racing with the driver and each other, exactly what PD should be aiming for.

Last edited:
I have to admit the racing in the videos does seem a little`sedate`.There doesnt have to be off track excursions or accidents just a little bit more exciting maybe.Just my opinion.

Because I don't know how these videos are set up (and neither are you) to judge something they aren't advertising for now.
This is a numbered GT and we don't know what difficulty it will have if it will be selectable or if it will be the usual simple stuff.
The only thing that is known is that GTmode will be at the center of the game and that unlike GTsport, which was online focused, they will have to make some improvements to the AI if they want the game to make any sense in that mode. .
I think the problem here is @Samus and @Imari are both commenting based on what we actually know from past experience and like any rational person are basing their comments on cold hard facts of the nature of AI in GT games of the past and how PD have presented what they have in store for us like previous game launches.

We’ve all been here before too many times to count.

1. PD announce a new GT game
2. Fans clamour on the hype train and fill GTP with reams and reams of comments about how they hope this happens and that gets added etc.
3. PD shows off some gameplay which shows some enhansments in graphics from either very large new engine changes to modest tweaks (GTS to GT7)
4. Fans then argue the fact this isn’t what the finished game will look like or play like, sometimes in a more muted hopes and dreams kind of way to the other extreme of hardcore fanboyism.
5. Game gets released and it’s modest upgrades across the board but with a few very consistent traits. - LOD issues (can be forgiven to keep FPS higher), weird cardboard trees which at this point are becoming their own running joke / meme and are a beloved oddity of a GT game. Last is the laughable AI, which having played every GT game release from Day 1 I can say from a pretty certain perspective GT7 will not be any different.

Given what we have seen so far and past experience it’s a safe bet AI is going to be a typical Sunday Driver affair, not seeing this and as two hard facts is on those who turn a blind eye and they will be disappointed come release. Do I wish PD would put some more effort into actual AI who don’t just break mid Apex for no reason and stick to the the road like glue using rubber banding to cover up how abysmal they actually are.

I’m sure no matter how much is posted here it still will not sink in that most of us are pretty sure the AI is going to be the same all over again.

I’m sure no matter how much is posted here it still will not sink in that most of us are pretty sure the AI is going to be the same all over again.
The quicker folks realize this is gonna be 90% of what every GT game outside of Sport has been for 25 years, the less they'll be disappointed when it drops.

I look forward to the game immensely knowing it'll be more of the same overall. It's why I like GT.

The quicker folks realize this is gonna be 90% of what every GT game outside of Sport has been for 25 years, the less they'll be disappointed when it drops.

I look forward to the game immensely knowing it'll be more of the same overall. It's why I like GT.
We do realise it, that doesn't preclude discussing it.

I'm well aware of it, I still have both a digital and physical version pre-ordered!

What are you talking about? Everything you mentioned is present? Not all race cars spit flames on downshifts, at least not all the time, especially GT3 cars.
Well that could help the game. It looks very boring compared to what it's trying to depict. It's a video game after all.

This is just the approach they have always taken for this series - clean, smooth and clinical. Both in-game and with general presentation.
I agree that it was a valid approach when developping something as advanced as GT1/2/3 on PS1/PS2 but is it still acceptable 25 years after the first episode when they have an incredible amount of power at hand to model some good IA ? PD's original vision has evolved to something very contemplative which is now the Gran turismo touch... Only my personal opinion but Yamauchi should have been replaced a long time ago and the GT series be pushed toward something more ambitious. In comparison, look where Rockstar Games is now...

Bruh,i thought it was the Mazda VGT from GTSport,you telling me that's a Toyota? 😂
Apparently so! It does look like a mashup of the Mazda, Lexus and AMG GT GT3 cars though lol

I can't think of anything else to say, but a change of pace from the arguing would be nice, folks.

Let's be honest. According to what we've seen so far, the main reason people will buy gt7 is for the visuals. GT7 is no more than a tech demo for the ps5.
PD is so vague when talking about physics, AI, tire models... But they will take every opportunity to talk about nostalgia or scapes.
Maybe they wanna keep everything as a surprise but let's be honest, what we see is what we'll get.
I wish they kept gt sport graphics and used the extra power of the ps5 to make gt7 more realistic ( large grid size, realistic classes, strong AI, fewer concept cars, and more modern race cars...).

The A pillar doesnt cast any shadow
You need to rewatch it, everything in the car self shadows. Wipers, pillers, vents.. even the bloody welds top left leave a tiny shadow off it.

Infact, shadow quality in GT7 has left me impressed compared to Sport.
The white vent in the centre on Sport isn't completely dark and has light coming through the sides of the pipe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220115-020733_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220115-020733_YouTube.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 13
You need to rewatch it, everything in the car self shadows. Wipers, pillers, vents.. even the bloody welds top left leave a tiny shadow off it.

Infact, shadow quality in GT7 has left me impressed compared to Sport.
The white vent in the centre on Sport isn't completely dark and has light coming through the sides of the pipe.
I love how much they nailed that golden glow with their light engine,GTS looks impressive as well but dynamic TOD is crazy

There are less days until launch than there are track variations (not even counting reverse!)
I'm not saying they need to release a two-lap trailer every day until then, just, y'know... they could.
Sure, the tracks are 90% the same as GTS, but now they can show them off with the GLOAT (Greatest Lighting Of All Time :D)
Apricot Hill reveal when? :drool:

I'm still slightly concerned that I haven't seen a snow track yet, or a Lexus LFA...

There are less days until launch than there are track variations (not even counting reverse!)
I'm not saying they need to release a two-lap trailer every day until then, just, y'know... they could.
Sure, the tracks are 90% the same as GTS, but now they can show them off with the GLOAT (Greatest Lighting Of All Time :D)
Apricot Hill reveal when? :drool:

I'm still slightly concerned that I haven't seen a snow track yet, or a Lexus LFA...
I would really like the Lexus LFA!

There is a number of layouts to the current tracks in GT Sport that are missing that could be added fairly easy, since there already modeled (this may be missing due to licensing?)

Circuit Catalunya- School Circuit, National Circuit & full layout without the last chicane

Nurburgring- Sprint layout & GP layout with the alternate last chicane at turn 14

Susuka-West Course

Last edited:
Considering that what we seen about AI competitivness was quite worse in Daytona video compared to the early december's Deep Forest gameplay video, then I'm asking myself: Do they really changed the AI during the last month and dumbed it down intentionally or not?

In Deep forest the AI seemed kinda competitive (altough far from perfect), while in daytona is the same crappy AI from Sport and it's way worse from the Deep Forest trailer.... Now, that could give a possible signal that the AI difficulty is not fixed the same for the whole game and that it should vary by the difficulty settings of the opponents you pick,and that in daytona they played with a lower difficulty by their choice... that could be another more plausible explanation.... I'm worried and dubious at the same time...

I hope the mirror is available for all views this time. We also desperately need a more customizable hud.
I think the mirror situation will be the same. If all the views have the mirror, then some of the views will be too advantageous.

As far as the HUD, yes…it should’ve customizable. I think it will.

With the new Gran Turismo Fanatec DD wheel, you can adjust TCS, BB, and fuel mapping on the fly…SEPARATELY. That’s huge.

This leads me to believe that the HUD will be customizable

Last edited:
I think the mirror situation will be the same. If all the views have the mirror, then some of the views will be too advantageous.

As far as the HUD, yes…it should’ve customizable. I think it will.

With the new Gran Turismo Fanatec DD wheel, you can adjust TCS, BB, and fuel mapping on the fly…SEPARATELY. That’s huge.

This leads me to believe that the HUD will be customizable
I’m not expecting either of these things to change, I see these as an industry standard now a days but PD are stubborn about how they do things.

Back