Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,393 comments
Is the Tomahawk quicker(not faster)? Quicker around any circuit.
I think so, not 100% sure? I know it’s faster around tracks like Spa and Nurburgring but I think the Red Bull might be a little quicker around shorter, more technical tracks

I think so, not 100% sure? I know it’s faster around tracks like Spa and Nurburgring but I think the Red Bull might be a little quicker around shorter, more technical tracks
Yeah, I haven't pitted both cars against each other. Just figured the Red Bull is the ultimate GT car because of its overall performance.

I wonder how they're going to handle exhaust upgrades this time around now that they're actually kinda trying with the sounds. Honestly, exhaust upgrades could do nothing to the sound and I'd prefer that over the engine swap sounds with each exhaust level that we got before.
audacity edits lol

This wait is killing me......
I’m now at the apathetic stage of,“Whatever. We’ll hear more about GT7 when we hear about it.”

As frustrating as this news drought can be, I can’t stress enough how helpful it is to just put greater focus on other things in the mean time.

Last edited:
What they should do is include every single track from GT3, GT4 and GT5. And maybe about 500 cars, an definitely the curcuit experiences, license tests and maybe new mission tasks? I wonder what they'll come up with next?

What they should do is include every single track from GT3, GT4 and GT5. And maybe about 500 cars, an definitely the curcuit experiences, license tests and maybe new mission tasks? I wonder what they'll come up with next?
I don't think the first one is ever going to happen. At most, a couple more of the OG fictional tracks (Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Midfield, etc.) might return and the rest of their focus will be on new fictionals and licensed tracks. Maybe DLC will bring a few more popular fictional tracks over time, definitely not all of them.

GT7 could get to 500 cars eventually though but I don't see them being productive enough to get 162 (GTS is currently at 338) more cars done by launch. Maybe around 50 is more realistic, virus limitations and all?

I do agree that Circuit Experience should make a return, it's a great idea. I'd also like them to branch out and try new things instead of strictly sticking to what they've done in the past.

I don't think the first one is ever going to happen. At most, a couple more of the OG fictional tracks (Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Midfield, etc.) might return and the rest of their focus will be on new fictionals and licensed tracks. Maybe DLC will bring a few more popular fictional tracks over time, definitely not all of them.

GT7 could get to 500 cars eventually though but I don't see them being productive enough to get 162 (GTS is currently at 338) more cars done by launch. Maybe around 50 is more realistic, virus limitations and all?

I do agree that Circuit Experience should make a return, it's a great idea. I'd also like them to branch out and try new things instead of strictly sticking to what they've done in the past.
Car modelling is actually one thing that shouldn't have been majorly affected by the pandemic, at least for modern cars anyway. The CAD models that are provided by the manufacturer can be sent via the internet and then it's well-known that PD have a one person per car modelling ethos, so the inability to work in a team isn't relevant.

With older cars with no CAD data it may have slowed them down a little in getting good reference material but again when it comes to the actual modelling, it should be no different to before, the one person can do the same job at home or isolated alone wherever.

Sounds would be more of an issue if they wanted to record them but again for modern cars they can probably get that data from manufacturers. Either that, or they can synthesise or use another similar sample temporarily.

Last edited:

That's my concern about the return of the classic tracks. At least for GT7, I kind of don't want them to create new fictional circuits, because it will just take the place of a possible classic one. I've posted this a while ago on the "non-wish list" thread.

Of course for real world tracks, that's a completely different situation. As I said, my concern is with new fictional tracks, I think it's not the right time to add them, because the classics are returning basically as new ones from scratch, plus we'll certainly get all of GT Sport's "new" originals. The last thing I want is a new fictional track for now.

For the car count, less than 450 or even 500 can be a little disappointing in my opinion, because now that the game is probably coming on late 2022, they're having plenty of time to put at least +100 or 150 cars over GT Sport's list.

Blue checkmark on Twitter said new state of play being announced today, and it will include an "update" on GT7.

Prepare to be disappointed...

So about that State of Play event... since there's no information about it to be found anywhere, I guess that won't be happening.

So about that State of Play event... since there's no information about it to be found anywhere, I guess that won't be happening.
hehe yeah, 0 chances for tomorrow state of play without earlier announcment, so no holiday event (don't count this ****y indie + deathloop disaster ;d), bummer

As much as I want much better graphics, ray tracing, dynamic weather and flux capacitors… I’m now willing to settle for “slightly better” graphics, dynamic weather, and flux capacitors.

I’ve started playing other titles recently, and Gran Turismo has a ways to go to break into the true sim market and be a one stop shop if they so desired.

Thing is…. They could totally make it happen and utilize the horsepower of the PS5 to make “PS5 only” content if they wanted. And by that I mean a full simulation mode, really good AI,enhanced cockpit view with optional helmet view, dynamic weather…the works.

Let’s face it. GTS on a PS4 pro looks every bit as good, if not better than any PC game out there except for those said games on a PC with very high specs. Hell, you can play the full fat version of ACC on PS4 but with downgraded FR’s.

Inevitably, I think this is the route GT7 will take…

Yes you can play the full fat version of GT7 on a base PS4, but it won’t look very good. Probably more like a PS3 game. GT7 will look just ok on a PS4 pro… but if you want GT7 in all its glory, you gotta pony up for a PS5.

I honestly think it’s just a matter of PD and Sony eating out the supply chain shortage of PS5 components until they release it. They’re not stupid. The Gran Turismo franchise is a console seller. Yes, the game will be “playable” on the other platforms…. But it won’t be as good.

Flame suit on!!!

Thing is…. They could totally make it happen and utilize the horsepower of the PS5 to make “PS5 only” content if they wanted. And by that I mean a full simulation mode, really good AI,enhanced cockpit view with optional helmet view, dynamic weather…the works.
They really aren't going to be making two separate games. It just doesn't really make sense when in the grand scheme of things, they're doing this to bring the game to as much people as possible, to please many people. Not only that, but all the extra development time it would take to do that, on top of all the post-updates they would have to do for essentially two different games sounds like a headache. That would also segregate the online playerbase.

But theoretically they could take the ACC approach, no?
Unlikely, GT Sport was set to 60fps for a reason, eSports and that is going to carry over into GT7.

While many gamers would probably accept GT7 running at 30fps or thereabouts for the sake of having more features (dynaic lighitng and weather etc.) on PS4 with the PS5 version running at 60fps or higher with better graphics, that will not work for eSports. You need as stable an fps as possible, and that's why they ensured that GT Sport can handle a stable 60fps and cut dynamic time of day and weather from the title.

To add to @ImaRobot on his comments on the 2 games, there are also potential legal issues with releasing two different products under the same name. There are reasons why at this time no developers are releasing cross-gen games with added features (not improved, rather added) on the newer gen game compared to the older gen version.

Last edited:
They really aren't going to be making two separate games. It just doesn't really make sense when in the grand scheme of things, they're doing this to bring the game to as much people as possible, to please many people. Not only that, but all the extra development time it would take to do that, on top of all the post-updates they would have to do for essentially two different games sounds like a headache. That would also segregate the online playerbase.
You could just disable the features you don’t want to have on the PS4 version, no need to develop a different game.

You could just disable the features you don’t want to have on the PS4 version, no need to develop a different game.
Wouldn't that make it two different games, since they have two different sets of features they'd have to develop for, pre and post release? Especially when it comes to the rest of what's being talked about like updated physics and and AI?

Wouldn't that make it two different games, since they have two different sets of features they'd have to develop for, pre and post release? Especially when it comes to the rest of what's being talked about like updated physics and and AI?
You already have different AI difficulty settings and physics settings in these games so I don't think it would be a big issue.

I think quite simply Occam's Razor is going to apply here. The simplest outcome is that GT7 on PS4 and PS5 is fundamentally the same game but the PS5 version looks a bit better and runs a bit better.
one major difference I predict full psvr2 support on ps5 and only special vr mode for ps4 psvr1 or maybe even none

Last edited:
You already have different AI difficulty settings and physics settings in these games so I don't think it would be a big issue.
Which would still leave them developing for two games differently. With the cross-gen issue seemingly tacked on late in development, that sounds like the more difficult route. Especially odd route when it comes to thing like online play. Are they just never going to play together then at that point? Or is the PS5 version going to be dumbing itself down just to play online with others? In the end, its still the same issue of one having to lower itself down to meet the other.

Which would still leave them developing for two games differently. With the cross-gen issue seemingly tacked on late in development, that sounds like the more difficult route. Especially odd route when it comes to thing like online play. Are they just never going to play together then at that point? Or is the PS5 version going to be dumbing itself down just to play online with others? In the end, its still the same issue of one having to lower itself down to meet the other.
The only difference is that the PS4 would have some options hidden or disabled.
You'd need to develop two sets of physics models and whatever else might be different, but I imagine the "dumbed down" version would borrow most stuff from GT Sport anyway.

The only difference is that the PS4 would have some options hidden or disabled.
You'd need to develop two sets of physics models and whatever else might be different, but I imagine the "dumbed down" version would borrow most stuff from GT Sport anyway.
Content wise there isn't an issue*, but they would have to approach game changing updates very differently for the two. Seeing how this doesn't seem to be a thing happening at any point this gen with any game, I just don't see how or why they would go that route. Could they go that route? Sure, if they wanted to segregate the player base, which is likely the opposite direction they're trying to go with this. If it was as simple as just turning off or hiding things at a flip of a switch, I don't see how all this extra development time would have been needed.

*For tracks that would be a different story especially if it's baked lighting vs dynamic - having only selectable time per track vs any track having a dynamic TOD.

Last edited:
Content wise there isn't an issue*, but they would have to approach game changing updates very differently for the two. Seeing how this doesn't seem to be a thing happening at any point this gen with any game, I just don't see how or why they would go that route. Could they go that route? Sure, if they wanted to segregate the player base, which is likely the opposite direction they're trying to go with this. If it was as simple as just turning off or hiding things at a flip of a switch, I don't see how all this extra development time would have been needed.

*For tracks that would be a different story especially if it's baked lighting vs dynamic - having only selectable time per track vs any track having a dynamic TOD.
on the other hand decision of crossgen was for sure made by sony not polyphony/Kaz, its in Kaz decision if he want to separate games or not and he is guy with passion so for sure want best possible version on ps5, there is still chance ;)

snc
on the other hand decision of crossgen was for sure made by sony not polyphony/Kaz, its in Kaz decision if he want to separate games or not and he is guy with passion so for sure want best possible version on ps5, there is still chance ;)
I just don't see anything that would help me back that point of view besides blind faith. Whether it happens or not, I'm getting the PS5 version anyways, but that route just doesn't seem that likely in my opinion.

Last edited:
Like I said before, there will be two versions of the game: GT7 Standard and GT7 Premium. That would subvert the legal technicality.

Latest Posts

Back