Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
What they should do is include every single track from GT3, GT4 and GT5. And maybe about 500 cars, an definitely the curcuit experiences, license tests and maybe new mission tasks? I wonder what they'll come up with next?
That would be a dream track list (except for the lack of my favourite GT2 and 6 exclusive tracks) but I don't believe we'll get that many.
Certainly, I'd be expecting everything from Sport plus most of (hopefully all of) the Core 8 (TrMo, HSR, GrVa, C/SSR5, AprH, AutR, Midfi, DeeFo). Whatever few aren't included at launch, may be added later.
More than that though, for city tracks I'd expect Tokyo R246, and hope for Rome (2/3/4 style)
I doubt we'll spend another 5 years with nowhere to use snow tyres, so Chamonix (or something) will fill that gap.

500 cars? No worries, we have 330 or so in Sport, but there's roughly 200 Premium models that have been sitting around, Murcielago, Cappuccino, LFA, Evo VI TME, lots of GT300 cars, etc, that I'd expect the majority of to return. That's 500 before anything new, so more likely 600 (unless they want to add 5 a month for a long time).

More importantly, while GT Sport eventually got a 301-race campaign, it was entirely pointless with no aim, reward or progression system, which GT7 should remedy!

More importantly, while GT Sport eventually got a 301-race campaign, it was entirely pointless with no aim, reward or progression system, which GT7 should remedy!
That's because it was just thrown in there for the people complaining about it not being a traditional Gran Turismo game (To which shocker, that was the point). GT Sport wasn't suppose to be that kind of game so of course these had no effort behind them when they were included. GT7 being much closer to the classic games obviously means they'll actually be putting in more effort towards that kind of content since the game won't be made to be a mostly online eSports game.

Last edited:
Remember the early 2021 release date? I remember it.

Q4 2022 for a cross gen title would be a total joke
If it's scheduled for Q4 2022 I really hope they would scrap the PS4 version last minute. By that time there would be 20+ million PS5s in the wild and would certainly sell 2-3M more.

Seeing as how Horizon Forbidden West has announced an official release date 6 months in advance, I think we could see something from GT in the coming months if it's slated to be first or second quarter 2022.

It would make sense to bring out GT7 until spring, to start the FIA 2022 saison on the new base and promote the game over the year.
Better marketing for an new game, noone could make.

Last edited:
It would make sense to bring out GT7 until spring, to start the FIA 2022 saison on the new base and promote the game over the year.
Didn't realize the FIA made ales. In all seriousness though, they wont do that. They're going to want to release it at the busiest seasons for gaming, not some races that the majority of players wont even know about.

Remember the early 2021 release date? I remember it.

Q4 2022 for a cross gen title would be a total joke
No I don't remember it, because it never existed except in the minds of some fans.
The FIA events in GT Sport are a niche, 83% of buyers have not done one single Sport mode race, FIA or daily. I would imagine the percentage for FIA events is even lower.

GT7 isn't going to focus on FIA events and eSports. The marketing is all going to be around a 'return' to the old format.

No I don't remember it, because it never existed except in the minds of some fans.

The FIA events in GT Sport are a niche, 83% of buyers have not done one single Sport mode race, FIA or daily. I would imagine the percentage for FIA events is even lower.

GT7 isn't going to focus on FIA events and eSports. The marketing is all going to be around a 'return' to the old format.
No, the early 2021 release date for GT7 officially existed, but it was anticipated, not in fact confirmed.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-release-confirmed-anticipated-2021-20201109/

thats true but its important for polyphony/kaz, its basicaly only subject they tweet or release youtube videos about, and I'm sure fia will be also important for gt7

snc
thats true but its important for polyphony/kaz, its basicaly only subject they tweet or release youtube videos about, and I'm sure fia will be also important for gt7
It might have a small presence, but like mentioned, the vast majority of people don't even care or know about it. None of what happens with the FIA will be determining when the game will release, just like it didn't before.

Last edited:
snc
its basicaly only subject they tweet or release youtube videos about
Well yes, that makes sense when GT Sport is the current game. Not much else they're going to post about. That won't be the case when they start promoting GT7 though.

Dont you think, the FIA Championship is One main Point, Gran Turismo ist still alive? Without that, there would be nearly no Publicity. Look on Forza for example, how they create the Hype. Gran Turusimo does nothing in this way.

Last edited:
Dont you think, the FIA Championship is One main Point, Gran Turismo ist still alive? Without that, there would be nearly no Publicity. Look on Forza for example, how they create the Hype. Gran Turusimo does nothing in this way.
The FIA is hardly a reason why GT has publicity. It can remove it without saying a word and the sales lost would be negligible to nil. They are popular because of how they built the brand up over decades, way before any of this happened. The inclusion of FIA isn't as important to people as you're making it seem, as the vast majority of players care very little at all about it. It's inclusion wouldn't making it better off than Forza either - it simply being in Forza wouldn't make the game sell/do any better than it is because it's not changing anything for the vast, vast majority of gamers. Forza has other things it needs to sort out, simply including the FIA isn't going to change that.

Last edited:
Dont you think, the FIA Championship is One main Point, Gran Turismo ist still alive?
No. GT Sport has approximately 14 million user accounts, 11.72 million have not used Sport Mode. At all. Not once. Less than 1 million has done more than 10 races, and they are more likely to be daily races.

The videos and live streams usually get ~15,000 views if they're lucky, other than a few that are more popular or went viral. Even 120,000 people watched the GR86 trailer, far more than most FIA videos.

Most people simply do not care. They clearly don't buy Gran Turismo for competitive online racing and eSports, no matter how much PD have tried to push it with GT Sport. Why do you think they're returning to the old format for GT7?

Last edited:
yes, dr rating matching, structured dailes and fia are reasons why gt sport multiplayer still alive where multi in most other racing games die after month or two

Last edited:
snc
yes, dr rating matching, structured dailes and fia are reasons why gt sport multiplayer still alive where multi in most other racing games die after month or two
They can have all that and not slap the "FIA" on top of it and it would still be the same outcome. It being a sponsor didn't change the outcome of the game, and they could have done these things without them as well. What we know is that the FIA is sponsoring their eSport aspect.

Last edited:
snc
Yes but it's still under 40,000 people a day overall for the whole of Sport Mode. Which absolutely is a very good number for a title this old but it is still a very small percentage of the GT overall playerbase, and the number taking part in FIA events is going to be another fraction of that number.

Compared to other similar games the online numbers for GTS are very good but the point is it's not what attracts 10-15 million to the series each time. It's a small, dedicated fraction of the playerbase. We don't have numbers for GT5+6 but I would assume their online numbers/percentage were not massively lower.

Last edited:
Let’s read what Kaz says about GTS(gtp news article from Option):

Interestingly, Yamauchi acknowledges that fans may not always follow how Gran Turismo games change from generation to generation. That particularly applies to Gran Turismo Sport, and its shift into esport. “It may have seemed quite outlandish for some people!” he remarked, and notes that support for the game grew in a different way to previous titles, gaining more momentum later in its life.

Sport Mode then, as we’ve seen in the Gran Turismo 7 trailer last July, still has a major role to play, but GT7 will be nostalgic for those who played the previous games. “While inheriting elements such as the [FIA] championship realized in Sport, Gran Turismo 7 will return to the royal purpose of full volumes like [Gran Turismo] 1-4, and provide the best Gran Turismo experience at present,” says Yamauchi.

Of course we’ve previously heard that GT7 would be a combination of the “past, present, and future” of Gran Turismo, so this reinforcement comes as music to the ears of those fans of classic GT games.

Last edited:
Let’s read what Kaz says about GTS(gtp news article from Option):

Interestingly, Yamauchi acknowledges that fans may not always follow how Gran Turismo games change from generation to generation. That particularly applies to Gran Turismo Sport, and its shift into esport. “It may have seemed quite outlandish for some people!” he remarked, and notes that support for the game grew in a different way to previous titles, gaining more momentum later in its life.

Sport Mode then, as we’ve seen in the Gran Turismo 7 trailer last July, still has a major role to play, but GT7 will be nostalgic for those who played the previous games. “While inheriting elements such as the [FIA] championship realized in Sport, Gran Turismo 7 will return to the royal purpose of full volumes like [Gran Turismo] 1-4, and provide the best Gran Turismo experience at present,” says Yamauchi.

Of course we’ve previously heard that GT7 would be a combination of the “past, present, and future” of Gran Turismo, so this reinforcement comes as music to the ears of those fans of classic GT games.
Gold saying!

ZLpFIBcZJM0-HD.jpg

The exclusives on the thumbnail are like:

Ratchet & Clank: Already launched
Ghost of Tsushima: Already launched
Horizon Forbidden West: Release date confirmed
Gran Turismo: 7

View attachment 1076815

The exclusives on the thumbnail are like:

Ratchet & Clank: Already launched
Ghost of Tsushima: Already launched
Horizon Forbidden West: Release date confirmed
Gran Turismo: 7

You shouldn't read too much into that thumbnail. God of War is missing because there is nothing to show. And I find it funny how Sony doesn't try anymore to ancipate a release year for GT7.
And why can't they say "PS4 and PS5" instead of "for Playstation"?!

Still has that same old Porsche 917K on the thumbnail and recycled footage. Well, next year can't come soon enough.

Most people simply do not care. They clearly don't buy Gran Turismo for competitive online racing and eSports, no matter how much PD have tried to push it with GT Sport. Why do you think they're returning to the old format for GT7?
Not even I care anymore, and I was racing frequently for a while there!

Back