Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,396 comments
Hype for this. GT Sport was a much needed venture in a new direction and I think bringing back GT4 style GT Mode (In my opinion the best single player experience, felt like a cozy little universe you can progress in) and mixing it with GT Sport racing and competition + GT5 Online features like shuffle and heavy damage would be a perfect game, virtually unbeatable in its segment. Seems like PD is coming more in touch with what gamers want. I hope whenever GT7 is revealed it delivers.

Eventually people will slowly upgrade to the PS5, like myself, and like so many of you updating to from the PS3 so late, or even people upgrading from the standard PS4 to the Pro... the sales numbers of the pS4 family is clearly showing a GRADUAL upgrade... not everyone bought the console on the first day...

It just makes financial sense for the game to be cross gen, because People will eventually buy the PS5 no matter what... at some point, but it is to Sony advantage to have the most people possible buy GT7 at release...

I agree that Sony wants to sell more games, but having enormous franchises like Gran Turismo 7 or Horizon 2 will add system-sellers which will help to start a gap early with the XsX and so « win » the console war.

Then you can release Gran Turismo 8 later in the lifetime of the console with less development costs and sell it millions.

What car do you think will be the mascot of the game?
My prediction is Project One

9578becca7c07a8cf75030ff0c4330c2[1].jpg

There is no doubt the the next GT game tease today will be FULLY OPTIMIZED to run on the next gen PS5'!

BUT, as I have said many times before, I very much hope that, and I don’t see why the next GT game would not be able to run at a slightly degraded mode on the current gen PS4 Pro, and in the famously STANDARD mode on the standard PS4...

I am still crossing finger for this cross gen possibility!

It will be the solution that will maximize Sony’s income in a short term! It just makes financial sense.

Eventually people will slowly upgrade to the PS5, like myself, and like so many of you updating to from the PS3 so late, or even people upgrading from the standard PS4 to the Pro... the sales numbers of the pS4 family is clearly showing a GRADUAL upgrade... not everyone bought the console on the first day...

With GT games, Sony will want people to pay full price for the game rather than having for people to wait until they can buy the new next gen PS5 once the game is already at a discount....

Again, it just makes financial sense. People will buy the PS5 no matter what... at some point, but it is to Sony advantage to have the most people possible buy GT7 at release...
I agree that Sony wants to sell more games, but having enormous franchises like Gran Turismo 7 or Horizon 2 will add system-sellers which will help to start a gap early with the XsX and so « win » the console war.

Then you can release Gran Turismo 8 later in the lifetime of the console with less development costs and sell it millions.

The consoles war is played on the long term... Game is best sold at release.

A cross gen GT7 does not prevent a GT8 later on.

GT9 can be on PS6

Last edited:
There is no doubt the the next GT game tease today will be FULLY OPTIMIZED to run on the next gen PS5'!

BUT, as I have said many times before, I very much hope that, and I don’t see why the next GT game would not be able to run at a slightly degraded mode on the current gen PS4 Pro, and in the famously STANDARD mode on the standard PS4...

It will be the solution that will maximize Sony’s income in a short term! It just makes financial sense.

With GT games, Sony will want people to pay full price for the game rather than having for people to wait until they can buy the new next gen PS5 once the game is already at a discount....

Again, it just makes financial sense for the game to be cross gen, because People will eventually buy the PS5 no matter what... at some point, but it is to Sony advantage to have the most people possible buy GT7 at release...

You'd say goodbye to any dynamic weather/time-of-day and any type of advancements made possible by the PS5's I/O and SSD by developing for the lowest common denominator (the base PS4). In addition to this, Jim Ryan stated that he wants the transition between gens to be incredibly fast this time around - they're dedicated to showing off games that can only be experienced on a PS5. Announcing a crossgen game at an event where you're meant to be showing how powerful the new consoles are doesn't seem like a good play to me

Again, it just makes financial sense for the game to be cross gen, because People will eventually buy the PS5 no matter what... at some point, but it is to Sony advantage to have the most people possible buy GT7 at release...

There would be protests and rage in the streets all over the world “the likes you have never seen before”* !!

*trump trademarks
It will not be cross gen. Jim Ryan said that he doesn’t want PS5 exclusive games to also be available on the PS4 because they want people to feel the generational leap in technology.
https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-games-not-on-ps4

Back