Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,187 comments
4 races that will change your heart blood pressure.
Movie Reaction GIF

And it's annoying, because it would be so easy for them. Take this week's Daily B for example; there's absolutely no reason for there not to be a quirky one-make Alphard race or two in the single player as well - like they did for things like the Midget II in GT4.
And the Clio Cup. Really baffling that it’s not in GT7 while it’s in GT Sport and in prior games.

Yeah, this has got to be the worst career mode ever, due to a bunch of reasons other people have already stated. And yes, despite the promised return to the classic GT campaign, it still feels like Kaz’s strong singular focus on Sport Mode since GTS never left him. =/

And the Clio Cup. Really baffling that it’s not in GT7 while it’s in GT Sport and in prior games.

Yeah, this has got to be the worst career mode ever, due to a bunch of reasons other people have already stated. And yes, despite the promised return to the classic GT campaign, it still feels like Kaz’s strong singular focus on Sport Mode since GTS never left him. =/
For Sport mode to be the focus we’re being paid as slaves though. Offline and singleplayer get all the money.

It still feels strange that GTS, a game made specifically for Sport Mode, has a more developed singleplayer career mode than GT7.

They had five years to make this game.

They need to give us the option of removing the rear plate. Why is this not a feature already? On the Alfa in particular it looks terrible, ruins the look of the rear bumper removal
yep i agree, you can paint it the body colour & put a couple of graded shadings to help, (pic below) not perfect but hard to tell in motion, - I was hoping we`d have the option of twin headlights, as we can change the grill. or even overlay some on, .........maybe in the future
07f9e67212220b41e6432808135702b3_photo.jpg

The career mode was already being worked on since the base release, they just hadn't have time to finish it.
I really hope this is finished soon. A part of me thinks what would happen if this game was delayed to launch day and date with PSVR2 and gave the team time to create the content they wanted and have a stronger launch with the career mode they wanted.

Is there a way to enable BOP when just doing TT in SP mode?

Asking because I’m beginning to test for the upcoming Manu season

How do I use both my dual sense and g29 on two player? My partner and I are trying to race but the wheel and dualsense both automatically take on the position as player 1, leaving player 2 frozen.

I find this kinda annoying. On the Volkswagen Scirocco R '10, there's a bug, you can't see the exterior Windshield wipers, the interior ones can be seen though.

This game needs a proper "Freeplay" mode where you can drive anything, anywhere at any time. There are some cars that I just want to drive without having to own them. Probably won't happen though as it would result in fewer microtransactions...

I yesterday noticed that after upgrading the gearbox to a race transmission the 240ZG, you get a 6 speed transmission.
Are there any other cars that we know off that go from 5 tot 6 speed?

I've had the car for a while but never touched it, has it always been like that?
Or is this an undocumented change?

Last edited:
p78
I yesterday noticed that after upgrading the gearbox to a race transmission the 240ZG, you get a 6 speed transmission.

I've had the car for a while but never touched it, has it always been like that?
It’s always been like that. The ZG is one of my loves. :) I’m not sure about other cars adding a sixth gear.

p78

Tends to do that yes, sometimes worth it to keep the stock one or upgrade to a manual custom transmission, since it seldom increases pp, unlike the racing one.

This game needs a proper "Freeplay" mode where you can drive anything, anywhere at any time. There are some cars that I just want to drive without having to own them. Probably won't happen though as it would result in fewer microtransactions...
That’s why Arcade Mode should have all cars available.
Exactly my point since the days of GT6. The reason why Polyphony are hesitating on making this possible is to promote excessive grinding with no other option available, where this would make playing this game feel like a chore, and that the more desirable cars will feel completely out of reach, leaving you with no option but to stare at them instead of actually drive them in the game.

Games like Forza, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS... they all have every car available in their arcade/free play modes.

This is in fact one of my most-requested features in GT7 besides the removal of brand invitations and the always-online requirement.

Polyphony can make engine swaps and "ultimate" tuning parts more accessible, now it's long overdue that they make every car available as a rental car in the Arcade Modes (Arcade Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, Custom Race and 2 Player Battle).

They can do it with a pre-requisite, however, in which that players must complete the final "mandatory" menu book: the "World GT Series", which also unlocks the ending, much like you need to be at Collector Level 50 for easier access to engine swaps and Ultimate tuning parts.

Last edited:
Exactly my point since the days of GT6. The reason why Polyphony are hesitating on making this possible is to promote excessive grinding with no other option available, where this would make playing this game feel like a chore, and that the more desirable cars will feel completely out of reach, leaving you with no option but to stare at them instead of actually drive them in the game.

Games like Forza, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS... they all have every car available in their arcade/free play modes.

This is in fact one of my most-requested features in GT7 besides the removal of brand invitations and the always-online requirement.

Polyphony can make engine swaps and "ultimate" tuning parts more accessible, now it's long overdue that they make every car available as a rental car in the Arcade Modes (Arcade Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, Custom Race and 2 Player Battle).

They can do it with a pre-requisite, however, in which that players must complete the final "mandatory" menu book: the "World GT Series", which also unlocks the ending, much like you need to be at Collector Level 50 for easier access to engine swaps and Ultimate tuning parts.
The debates and arguments about this were, players arguing against having all cars available, as an option, would make the game un-Gran Turismo. It would be optional and some still didn’t want PD to go that route.
If PD want to keep being realistic with pricing, at least in the real world, cars can be test driven without buying. Even race cars. We have to do certain licences in events, just option the option to use any race car freely, once completing the prerequisite licence. I mean, whatever achievement or trophy or whatever level is needed, as you say, to unlock the option.

How do I use both my dual sense and g29 on two player? My partner and I are trying to race but the wheel and dualsense both automatically take on the position as player 1, leaving player 2 frozen.
If you're talking about 2P split-screen, it could be related to the well-known, and long time documented (and never fixed) bug with that game mode. I could be wrong, though.

Last edited:
If you're talking about 2P split-screen, it could be related to the well-known, and long time documented (and never fixed) bug with that game mode. I could be wrong, though.
How long has it been now, roughly? I played the split screen with my roomie (what feels like) about half a year ago and we could use the g29 for P2 and dualsense for p1.

How long has it been now, roughly? I played the split screen with my roomie (what feels like) about half a year ago and we could use the g29 for P2 and dualsense for p1.
My impression was that it was a bug present since Day 1, but as I said I could be mistaken.

Back