Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments

japanese only competition

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems on Watkins Glen Touring Car 800 race. As soon as I exit the pit lane once I've refuelled and changed tyres, it gives me a few seconds penalty for 'cutting across the pit lane ' Now, I have no direct control over the car as to its positioning at the point of leaving the pit lane because it's on autopilot.

How do I stop this from occurring because I would like to try and get a clean racing bonus which should be 250k plus.

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems on Watkins Glen Touring Car 800 race. As soon as I exit the pit lane once I've refuelled and changed tyres, it gives me a few seconds penalty for 'cutting across the pit lane ' Now, I have no direct control over the car as to its positioning at the point of leaving the pit lane because it's on autopilot.

How do I stop this from occurring because I would like to try and get a clean racing bonus which should be 250k plus.
Are you entering the pits cleanly?

Well, there probably goes any hope of seeing the rest of the current WEC grid in GT7 any time soon.

Last edited:

Well, there probably goes any hope of seeing the rest of the current WEC grid in GT7 any time soon.
Its Motorsport Games, so don't expect to see the current (or any) WEC grid in that game either!

From what I remember, the agreement only covers the use of "World Endurance Championship" and "24 Hours Of Le Mans". Doesn't say anything about cars (Otherwise, explain the Cadillac LMDH-V.R on the Cover of Forza Motorsport 8). Doesn't shatter the possibility of having those cars appear in anything else, two of which are also in IMSA so that's far from an issue. Can't exactly imagine anyone lamenting not having literally ANY car from ByKolles/Vanwall (Whatever name of the day has been chosen for the latest legally questionable venture of Colin's Laundered Money)

Also, remember that Jim is too damn picky for any "Real sim" to scan his cars so the only real SCG "fans" are the ones playing Mobile games obviously :lol:

And finally, this is Motorsports Games we're talking about. Assuming this actually happens, its likely gonna just a simplified version of RF2. If it doesn't happen, which I strongly bet it won't, it'll just end up like the BTCC game: More priced content for RF2.

Last edited:
And finally, this is Motorsports Games we're talking about.
I can't wait for the action packed trailer that coincidentally show cases AI racing in a straight line, and makes no attempt what so ever to show any semblance of actual racing etiquette!

We're talking clean racing on tracks like Spa! Where the AI will absolutely one hundred percent NOT ignore the chicane on Les Combes.

Unfortunately, after such a situation, it is very difficult to have Hypercars in GT7..
Only individual ones like Toyota...
And we don't know about exclusivity of models!!!

Unfortunately, after such a situation, it is very difficult to have Hypercars in GT7..
Only individual ones like Toyota...
And we don't know about exclusivity of models!!!
Which is funny because that car got added to the game long after the agreement was announced in 2021. If PD could even get the Toyota GR010 in GT7 (with the WEC and 24 Hours Of Le Mans markings BTW), I would hardly see this game as troublesome to getting other hypercars. And before people mention the deal between Toyota and PD, refer once again to the Cadillac LMDH-V.R on the cover of Forza 8. If cars were seriously an issue, then neither game should even feature either car.

Last edited:
Its Motorsport Games, so don't expect to see the current (or any) WEC grid in that game either!
I'm trying to understand why this should be a (licensing) problem for gt7 (or other games) but I don't understand where/when fia or aco owns copyright/trademarks for a car :D

ACO owns the "24hours of le mans" and releated brandings and has an agreement with motorsport games that they can use/advertise it as the "official" virtual event/game etc.
ACO organizes the wec with rules/regulations, safety measurements and a lot more stuff provided by FIA.
The FIA homologates cars in categories (lmp1, lmp2, lmdh, hypercar, (lm)gte and many more).
The car manufacturer owns the rights for the cars name & design.
The customers (the teams that race these cars) and their sponsors own the liveries/brands stickers on the car.

Which is funny because that car got added to the game long after the agreement was announced in 2021. If PD could even get the Toyota GR010 in GT7 (with the WEC and 24 Hours Of Le Mans markings BTW), I would hardly see this game as troublesome to getting other hypercars. And before people mention the deal between Toyota and PD, refer once again to the Cadillac LMDH-V.R on the cover of Forza 8. If cars were seriously an issue, then neither game should even feature either car.
Just seems like marketing for the game. Isnt the games core mostly gt cars and always had biases towards certain super cars. I bet the Ferrari hypercar will show up at some point maybe not so much the caddi or glickenhaus hypercars

It took how long for a "custom" HUD? Something that wasn't included at all in GTS but GT6 had. And still better than GT7 if I remember right.

100% agree

Didn't know Roflwaffle was a writer for this site.

IMO, in one of his videos, he went a bit too harsh on the reused music considering that it was the 25th anniversary title and all. But he nailed everything else, though.

100% agree

I am now one of those people who only plays for a short time to get the time trial money or daily marathon.

"Do I feel like waiting 15 - 30 minutes each time for the Sport Mode races I want to do? No."

"Do I feel like spending forever to find a lobby that suits what I'm feeling or making one that no one might join and has confusing limitations? No."

"Do I feel like doing the boring chase-the-rabbit events that don't pay me anything substantial? No."

Do I feel like setting up custom races also with confusing limitations and against slow AI who stick to you after you pass them even with Boost set to "off"? No."

So often times after like 30 minutes, I just turn off the game.

100% agree

Didn't know Roflwaffle was a writer for this site.

IMO, in one of his videos, he went a bit too harsh on the reused music considering that it was the 25th anniversary title and all. But he nailed everything else, though.
Is this the same @Roflwaffle here on GTP? If it is, damn he's been going places since the humble days of GTPFS.
The very same. I'm glad that article resonated with people in the same way as my videos. Basically, the editor-in-chief of the website approached me after watching my videos and asked if I wanted to write a piece for them. I said sure (since why not?) and used the most recent GT7 update as a basis to keep it topical.

Don't get the wrong idea - I'm still small time, but you never know what can happen in the future :D

The very same. I'm glad that article resonated with people in the same way as my videos. Basically, the editor-in-chief of the website approached me after watching my videos and asked if I wanted to write a piece for them. I said sure (since why not?) and used the most recent GT7 update as a basis to keep it topical.

Don't get the wrong idea - I'm still small time, but you never know what can happen in the future :D
I'll be interested to see what you go on to do now that the GT7 critique series is finished.
It kinda came across to me as (for lack of a better term) cashing in on majority negative sentiment after the first video did well, which never sat right with me personally, even if it's more clickable for titles & thumbnails etc.
But the format and presentation were high quality and very in-depth, so I'd like to see what you could do with it for future stuff.

I am now one of those people who only plays for a short time to get the time trial money or daily marathon.

"Do I feel like waiting 15 - 30 minutes each time for the Sport Mode races I want to do? No."

"Do I feel like spending forever to find a lobby that suits what I'm feeling or making one that no one might join and has confusing limitations? No."

"Do I feel like doing the boring chase-the-rabbit events that don't pay me anything substantial? No."

Do I feel like setting up custom races also with confusing limitations and against slow AI who stick to you after you pass them even with Boost set to "off"? No."

So often times after like 30 minutes, I just turn off the game.
The only explanation now that I can think of (and that’s not say that it would be a reasonable one), is that they working on SOPHY to be implemented and don’t want to add too many events with the old AI-System before.
I don’t say that it is the case, it’s just the only thing that I can think of explaining this absolute lack of interest on the most obvious problem of the game (especially when we saw months ago trough leaks that a bunch of events are already there that we still don’t have to this day) and not coming after their promises like new missions to be added or Music Rally.

Back