Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,823 comments
How does everyone feel about the price increase for PS+? Since PS+ is needed to play online.
I don’t do the dailies anymore, just the championships, and I don’t play any other multiplayer games on PS5, so this is me out for GT7 online. My sub expires in December.

Maybe if they squeeze future championships into a few weeks I can get a months sub and compete, otherwise it’s just TTs now. You don’t need PS Plus for those, right?

I don’t do the dailies anymore, just the championships, and I don’t play any other multiplayer games on PS5, so this is me out for GT7 online. My sub expires in December.

Maybe if they squeeze future championships into a few weeks I can get a months sub and compete, otherwise it’s just TTs now. You don’t need PS Plus for those, right?
No PS+ required for time trials. Only for things where you are playing at the same time as someone else.

Thats bad news. I was thinking of getting a new external drive for that.
You can do it as part of a system backup to USB.

It's been a while since I did it that way but I remember it being rather annoying. You have to make sure the data is on internal storage, specify just settings and save data, have to backup all saves rather than being able to choose, takes a while, can't just log in to someone else's PS5 and access your saves, etc.

Almost makes the Essential cost worth it - at lest that's what Sony are thinking.

Last edited:
Is it gone?
No idea! I commented on your post but when I properly read it, I realised what you were referring to (the GT Movie poster on the main menu) so my response wasn’t true! I thought you were asking about the actual intro for the game!! 😂

How does everyone feel about the price increase for PS+? Since PS+ is needed to play online.
I have PS+, I've never knowingly used it for anything, and I don't really game online, I couldn't tell you how much I'm paying for it right now (just looked it up on PayPal, it's £6.99/mo), and if the most it's going to go up by is £3 a month, I'm probably not going to cancel it anytime soon.

Subscriptions of all kinds have hit a natural limit. People just don’t have time in the day to consume so much entertainment. That’s doubly so for games that require dozens of hours per week to justify the cost.

PS+ has paid for itself many times over with a decade of monthly games. But I would never buy higher tiers as I only play a handful of favourite games. I don’t even try demos these days.

To anyone that knows….

How much per month is X-box’s version of a PlayStation subscription?

Same as PS new pricing, $80 per year ever since they removed the 12 month subscription option. I can’t find when they implemented this/ too lazy to google, and the combo game pass is cheaper I believe, but this is the literal equivalent (2 x 6 months sub) to the 12 month PS+ subscription.

in the UK:

£7.99 for PC, £8.99 for Xbox, £12.99 for Ultimate (both + cloud). That includes “day 1” first party releases (if you don’t count the paid early access as the real day 1). Don’t know the annual prices.
Thx.

Soooo… to anyone that knows, is the above prices in line with PSN? I honestly don’t even know how much PSN costs a month. I just renew automatically

Thx.
Soooo… to anyone that knows, is the above prices in line with PSN? I honestly don’t even know how much PSN costs a month. I just renew automatically
atm the PSN Essential for a month is £6.99
that will change as they say here :/
The new prices for the 12-Month subscription will remain at a discounted rate when compared to purchasing the 1-Month or 3-Month subscriptions over a 12-month period.

Last edited:
I've done some basic math and, for me, the PSExtra has been great. I'm a variety gamer and have been saving money through gaming lately rather than going to the pub. And I think that for someone new to the PlayStation ecosystem, it's fantastic, as it allows people to play some of those first party 'must plays'.

But for anyone who only plays one or two games (GT7, EA Sports, Call of Duty types), this really does suck.

I'm not surprised with the price hike really at all, with the inflation over the past few years. 80 dollars today has about the purchasing power of $67 just 4 years ago. Cloud infrastructure pricing has increased yearly too.

Still sucks, though, this is the only game I use PS+ for, I'll keep paying for it but yeah, not thrilled about it.

PlayStation Portal advert featuring GT7.

I must admit it is a cool device that I could see being useful if you don't have 24/7 access to a TV.

IMG_0848.jpeg

As long as it works stable…I like it! Just broke at the moment

What's the point of portable device if you can't even use it outside your own home? Seems a bit silly to me.
Do i have to be home to use PS Remote play?
Nope! That’s the beauty of PS Remote Play. So long as you have a stable internet connection with your phone via wi-fi or cellular data and your PlayStation console is on or in rest mode, then it’s accessible anywhere. Play from the couch at grandma’s house or from the beach on a remote desert island.

Latest Posts

Back