Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
A wild guess maybe the video is saying the devs at turn 10 talk alot and so they communicate atlot with there fan base while PD doesn't?

Other then that yeah I don't get it either.
This is a take on a recent meme where the left column is someone raging at the camera over their interests and right side being a "Gigachad" about their interests.

A non-animated version about a different topic.

image_605d0345d20ae50095b4406e_856641.jpeg

Since when was Charleyy a Forza dev? She's a social media... ist and events presenter.
Modern gaming at its finest.

“Dev” no longer means software developers, it means everyone working towards the development of a game including sales and marketing people who don’t actually contribute to the product, they solely promote it.

Diablo 4 has been a current example of this facing backlash many times (although this example is using graphic designers that work as level designers calling them developers)

It’s a great strategy to obfuscate the fact that there are usually less than 10% developers coding making an actual game good and fun to play and 90% of the company trying to monetize the product to extract as much profit as possible. Not to mention it makes lower skilled employees feel more important with a title they cannot get in any other type of software company that is not gaming focused.

Okay, someone should totally rip Kaz and turn that into a .WMV file.

Just play that WMV file anytime the LFA, Midget II, and the POD comes out.

It’s a great strategy to obfuscate the fact that there are usually less than 10% developers coding making an actual game good and fun to play and 90% of the company trying to monetize the product to extract as much profit as possible. Not to mention it makes lower skilled employees feel more important with a title they cannot get in any other type of software company that is not gaming focused.

I remember reading somewhere that a terrible C64 fighter called Rise of the Robots had a literal interior designer working on the stages for each character. Granted this game came out decades ago.

Last edited:
Can we just make a joke? 🙂
Sure, but it's generally good if they make sense. I mean, you're certainly welcome to find it funny if you wish, but whoever made it clearly isn't familiar with both sides of their own meme.

Charleyy Hodson is an Xbox social media manager and events host, not involved in the development of any Forza title. A better person to use would have been the host of the last Forza Monthly, Giuseppe Dalicante, who actually is a Playground Games employee (and therefore "Forza Dev") and is quite animated with his hands when talking (and Italian, so... expectedly). Also I think he'd appreciate it more :lol:

Remember when gtsport was mocked for having less tracks than fm7?
Look how the tables turned:

The thing that stands out for me here, other than the obvious, is that the Forza list has a supermajority of real life tracks. With that focus of Forza's, and the PC sims of course being 99% real life tracks in their pursuit of utmost simulation, having a variety of fresh fictional track experiences in a sim-leaning title is almost becoming a unique selling point for PD at this point.

A better person to use would have been the host of the last Forza Monthly, Giuseppe Dalicante, who actually is a Playground Games employee (and therefore "Forza Dev") and is quite animated with his hands when talking (and Italian, so... expectedly). Also I think he'd appreciate it more :lol:
I had to do a double take when I saw him on the last monthly as I skipped through it, what's Gino doing on there :lol:. He is like his doppelgänger, even sound similar.

The thing that stands out for me here, other than the obvious, is that the Forza list has a supermajority of real life tracks. With that focus of Forza's, and the PC sims of course being 99% real life tracks in their pursuit of utmost simulation, having a variety of fresh fictional track experiences in a sim-leaning title is almost becoming a unique selling point for PD at this point.
The creativity I think is the saddest part. Having played a lot of the older games, Turn 10 had their share of fantasy courses. Sad that maple valley, Fujimi Kaido, Sunset Peninsula, and that silly Swiss track didn't make it.

Last edited:
Tbf I feel like PD has also been failing a bit on this regard. GT7 doesn't have its own original circuit yet, though I guess you can sorta treat GT Sport as "GT7 Prologue" and count the ones of that game. But hope we get one sooner than later.

Yeah, I mean, it's hard to believe it's the "same" track, such is the profound effect of changing the environment.

Last edited:

I think the fact daytona, cota, road atlanta, monza, yas marina, hockenheim, long beach, bathurst, somona, sebring are not in forza list is a reason to be worried.

Tbf I feel like PD has also been failing a bit on this regard. GT7 doesn't have its own original circuit yet, though I guess you can sorta treat GT Sport as "GT7 Prologue" and count the ones of that game. But hope we get one sooner than later.
There seems to be an expectation original tracks need to be graphically spectacular. But I'd be very happy with some basic club level style tracks, the kind you see in the UK for sprints, track days and so on. Not unlike Complex String, Top Gear Test Track, Millbrook etc.

Tight and twisty, the kind of track that would be ideal to race low performance road cars, or time trial quicker stuff. You could even expand the concept with a basic track editor.

Yeah, I mean, it's hard to believe it's the "same" track, such is the profound effect of changing the environment.
Well, they did change the environment, the elevations, cambers, road widths and the layout. It's no wonder it feels completely different to the old track, especially when you boot up an older game and race on the old track afterwards.

It's not a bad track by any means, it's just very different to what an old timer like me is familiar with.

Last edited:
Got a question: Is it just my eyes or are the ray tracing effects in GT7 partially broken? In particular in the garage and with certain paints like silver there's a strong shimmering effect.
They're not broken, that's just what ray tracing is like. It's not a perfect technology by any means and there's always a bit of shimmering, ghosting or 'lag' as the game has to calculate what the light is doing - which isn't an instant process.

I quite like having fictional circuits; they tend to give games a wider variety of circuit types and scenery. I just find it interesting that GT has a fair amount of them when in general other games in the genre seem to be moving away from having many.

But it's definitely not a bad thing IMO!

Well, they did change the environment, the elevations, cambers, road widths and the layout. It's no wonder it feels completely different to the old track, especially when you boot up an older game and race on the old track afterwards.

It's not a bad track by any means, it's just very different to what an old timer like me is familiar with.
Agreed.

My buddy and I raced on the GT6 version right up until I bought GT7 and a PS5 (I skipped Sport).

I had to show him a side-by-side comparison video on YouTube 'cause even having driven it in its new incarnation, he couldn't convince himself it was the same track. Personally I struggled to know for-sure which section I was in at any given time. :lol:

Last edited:
I mentioned those adhoc Shuffle lobbies I was holding with friends in here a little while ago, but they've boomed into such an awesome thing; and there's been some really big names joining in - I certainly didn't expect to be going wheel to wheel with Valerio Gallo in my lifetime but hey, the shuffles are calling names from far beyond what I ever expected when we started this.

20970520134607920.jpg

I really really really really hope that these bigger names getting involved is starting a snowball somewhere. It's such a pipedream but the fact that people of all sorts are coming in to play these with us because it's just pure unfiltered fun shows that it's something the game desperately needs. There's no stakes, there's no forced competition, you just roll a car and you have some fun. The game needs that so badly, and the tools that GT7 gives you in its huge car and track list is perfect for something like this, and it only gets better through each update.

Will that snowball lead anywhere? Probably not. But I never thought I'd be racing Gallo in one of these either. Maybe one day it'll be Super GT or maybe one day it'll be Mikail Hizal and it will show more and more people that the demand for this feature to come back is well and truly alive, and then maybe one day that reaches the right person at the right time, and then maybe one day it finally will make its return.

Or maybe not. But I know the passion in the community for it is still there.
Until then, here's a picture of Valerio Gallo flying past me.

1693786546818.png

Literally.

Attachments

• 1693786033989.png
    1693786033989.png
    286 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I mentioned those adhoc Shuffle lobbies I was holding with friends in here a little while ago, but they've boomed into such an awesome thing; and there's been some really big names joining in - I certainly didn't expect to be going wheel to wheel with Valerio Gallo in my lifetime but hey, the shuffles are calling names from far beyond what I ever expected when we started this.

View attachment 1285076
I really really really really hope that these bigger names getting involved is starting a snowball somewhere. It's such a pipedream but the fact that people of all sorts are coming in to play these with us because it's just pure unfiltered fun shows that it's something the game desperately needs. There's no stakes, there's no forced competition, you just roll a car and you have some fun. The game needs that so badly, and the tools that GT7 gives you in its huge car and track list is perfect for something like this, and it only gets better through each update.

Will that snowball lead anywhere? Probably not. But I never thought I'd be racing Gallo in one of these either. Maybe one day it'll be Super GT or maybe one day it'll be Mikail Hizal and it will show more and more people that the demand for this feature to come back is well and truly alive, and then maybe one day that reaches the right person at the right time, and then maybe one day it finally will make its return.

Or maybe not. But I know the passion in the community for it is still there.
Until then, here's a picture of Valerio Gallo flying past me.

View attachment 1285074

Literally.
Said it better than I ever could, mate.

These events have brought a lot of life back to the game for me, and I genuinely think there's a good chance it can snowball into something much, much bigger than it already is - to the point that it might even become an official race format in the World Series if enough people make a buzz about it.

It's only up from here.

Back