Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
A little playable demo with a couple of cars and one or two tracks would be nice to better survive the wait.. but unfortunately PD are not known for launching public demo versions...

Because doing that, no matter how small, takes resources, resources that could be spent on the full game. And for what? The game will sell millions without one. It doesn't make business sense.

So, now Fanatec can bring out their new PS5 wheel and wait no longer for Gran Turismo. I wanted to buy me now a new wheel, but wanted to wait for the „Ps5-series“ wheel.

Last edited:
It is what it is.

Japan’s game devs were seemingly really hard hit by COVID, so you can’t really be mad at a delay (take a look at how Nintendo’s been doing over the last year or so) - not to mention a lot of games have been getting delayed over the past few months

In any case, good time to hit your backlog of games while you wait

I agree. You're amazing :gtpflag::gtpflag:

With this delay? Not likely. =/

At least I'll finally see something new on the Ratchet front, though.

We hope, but it's kinda unlikely with this delay. Maybe we will have a new PD event in the future related exclusively to GT7, but we are still a couple of months far from it, or maybe even half a year

We hope, but it's kinda unlikely with this delay. Maybe we will have a new PD event in the future related exclusively to GT7, but we are still a couple of months far from it, or maybe even half a year
Next World Finals, maybe? Even then, that's not a guarantee... That is, if Covid is still rampaging the globe or not by then.

Anyone with a decent PC should just buy Assetto Corsa and install the numerous cars/tracks/physics and dynamic time and weather mods. :cheers: With some of the physics mods it even feels similar to GT on a gamepad, and with graphics mods it looks fantastic. Should easily hold you over until GT7 releases.
What? How does this work?

Last edited:

Yea I'm lost too. I know different mod packs have different physics but never seen a mod that overhauls the entire physics engine of the game.

Unless they're just talking about a set of modded car packs, tracks and UI/HUD, that make the game feel like Granturismo.

Yea I'm lost too. I know different mod packs have different physics but never seen a mod that overhauls the entire physics engine of the game.

Unless they're just talking about a set of modded car packs, tracks and UI/HUD, that make the game feel like Granturismo.

Yeah, I just meant different car mod packs that had different physics.

They will perhaps formally announce the 2022 "shift" but certainly don't expect any new footage.
I don't think we will even get that, because of how quiet they were about the 2021 target in the first place. If there is even anything, it will probably just be Kazunori in front of a camera talking about a new partnership or something with a screenshot slideshow in the background.

Anyone with a decent PC should just buy Assetto Corsa and install the numerous cars/tracks/physics and dynamic time and weather mods. :cheers: With some of the physics mods it even feels similar to GT on a gamepad, and with graphics mods it looks fantastic. Should easily hold you over until GT7 releases.

I endorse this. Assetto Corsa is my main sim right now, and I love it. Best modding community ever, and a really well optimized game too.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly, mate.

In fact I've been hoping since I heard the news that PD would feel obligated to provide more-frequent updates on its progress, even if just in clip form, than it might've otherwise.

Patience, wait until 2022 for gt7 coming, hope to receive more news as possible during this current year

Personally am not expecting any news soon about gt7 , maybe at Christmas holidays since are just before 2022.
Covid seems to affect many areas and technology industry is certainly one of them.
AMD as i read had problems with semiconductors and isn't possible to cover the demands , here in our small country ( Greece) i can't see how they will be ps5 at stores even at summer and what comes keep covering pre orders from last year and perhaps some from early this year .
If i didn't lost any episode the news about gt7 except the first vid is some screenshots on adds and a couple of interviews with the last one to making clear that gt7 won't be a 2021 title anymore etc.
The good thing for me at least , is that there will be enough time to " polish" the game and get a ps5 at lower price and perhaps bug free with an pad that won't need replacement soon .
Till then am sure that a simple new screen shot can fire up thousands posts with " if " , " when " , " why " etc.
while a new small vid will fire up hundred threads .
One way or another gt7 isn't a launch game , gt7 is ps5 exclusive ,ps5 still remains exclusive for some and the release date of gt7 will be announced about 300 or more days from now.
Meanwhile everybody ( i guess ) will have the time to do more interesting things than " grumbling " about Sony ,PD ,Kaz ,Taz, Jazz etc.

I feel as long as we are kept informed and updated with the game’s progress and content with additional screenshots and footage throughout the year, the wait won’t be bad at all.
No doubt, but what is PD's track record in things such as this? I can't recall.

No doubt, but what is PD's track record in things such as this? I can't recall.
Non existent. That isn't how PD/Sony promote their games. They stay quiet and release a trailer when they're ready. They don't do the blog/community updates thing about games in development.

Unless Kaz grants interviews, we don't hear about games for months.

Last edited:
Non existent. That isn't how PD/Sony promote their games. They stay quiet and release a trailer when they're ready. They don't do the blog/community updates thing about games in development.

Unless Kaz grants interviews, we don't hear about games for months.

What do you think the likelihood of no info for one year will be?

Slim to none, mate.

I'm happy to take a sportsman's bet with anyone, my contention being that there will be something this year. I'm of course hoping for a number of clips and trailers. :D :gtpflag:

Last edited:
You guys don't remember the GT5 days? It's already been 8 months of nothing, if the game isn't planned until mid to late 2022 I can very easily see them staying quiet until early 2022.

Why produce and show a trailer for a game a year or more away? It's not going to be representative of the final product and the hype and interest will quickly die down.

Look at Horizon and God of War. You're not going to see more of those until roughly 6 months before release.

Last edited:
And the GT2 days, and the GT3 days, and the GT4 days.

There's a distinct and well trod pattern for this.

Well indeed. PD/Sony have never been the "Hey guys development is going well, we just finished up X, here is a quick sneak peak" type of company.

I 100% expect silence until they have the next release date set, at which point a trailer will appear ~6 months ahead of it.

The worst delay I've ever experienced. The E3 2009 (first GT5 trailer) - Nov 24th 2010 release date felt more like a 3 year wait

Yeah but it was more the dearth of information before that I was referring to, from 2006 to 2009. Sure it's different this time in that GT7 has already been formally announced and there was the prologue and other bits in that period so it wasn't entirely silent, but I'm still expecting something similar going forward. You don't announce a delay to 2022 in February 2021 unless you know you're a long way from being done.

Back