Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
Gran Turismo 7 Delayed Into 2022
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/playstation-vr-jim-ryan-interview-2021

PR representative for Sony
"GT7 has been impacted by Covid-related production challenges and therefore will shift from 2021 to 2022. With the ongoing pandemic, it’s a dynamic and changing situation and some critical aspects of game production have been slowed over the past several months. We’ll share more specifics on GT7’s release date when available."

Last edited:
Yes, with GT7 as "VR-launch-game" in 2022, so they could bring on market a bundle game + GT-console + VR. That would be a system-seller twice

They would have to do a very good job of it to make that work, not like the poor VR implementation in GT Sport. If they could somehow get VR working in a normal race (but with toned down visuals) then I'd buy a headset purely for GT7!

A bunch of games that were supposed to release this year got delayed because of Covid. In this case, I don't think it really had much to do with PD.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/news...medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

"Delays were common even before the emergence of a deadly pandemic that has disrupted workplaces across the world. But with Covid-19 forcing game developers to work remotely, the industry has found itself dealing with more production issues than usual at the same time that people are stuck at home and clamoring for more games. Game sales may be up, but development has slowed to a crawl.

Even gaming’s powerhouses are feeling the pandemic’s effects. On Wednesday, Nintendo Co. aired a 50-minute livestream to announce new games coming to the Switch console. Although the event contained some fun surprises, like a new entry in the stylish Splatoon series, fans were generally disappointed by the lack of new titles from blockbuster franchises like Metroid and The Legend of Zelda. During the presentation, Nintendo producer Eiji Aonuma apologized in advance for not being able to share more gameplay footage from the highly anticipated sequel to Breath of the Wild.

There's no set release date for that game but fans were hoping for an update. Nintendo made it clear in 2020 that Covid had disrupted its development pipelines. “Please be aware that the impact on game development in terms of both hardware and software may potentially increase as the amount of time spent working remotely increases,” President Shuntaro Furukawa told investors last May.

It’s safe to say there will be many more games delayed this year. Even when vaccines become broadly available and normal life begins to resume, the effects of the pandemic on video game production will last for months, if not years to come. —Jason Schreier"

Last edited:
If there will be any new racing games in 2021 for consoles, wo knows. Pandemic is ****, and noone knows, how long it will sty, maybe, until 2022, too

This latest interview is 'no big surprise' to me!

As I have said it was wise for them to only be putting a general date on the game in the advert and not mentioning the date on the PlayStation 5 at all (TBC), therefore pushing it back to 2022 is still meeting their plan since they never gave an actual release date so 'thus' no delay as such.

It makes sense and if 2+2 in my head is working today the fact a new PS VR is coming almost suggests this is something they want to utilise well in GT7.

Will never go down the VR route due to the sickness and nausea I would experience but at least I know not to expect a rushed product now...fingers crossed!

Anyone with a decent PC should just buy Assetto Corsa and install the numerous cars/tracks/physics and dynamic time and weather mods. :cheers: With some of the physics mods it even feels similar to GT on a gamepad, and with graphics mods it looks fantastic. Should easily hold you over until GT7 releases.

Last edited:
It is what it is.

Japan’s game devs were seemingly really hard hit by COVID, so you can’t really be mad at a delay (take a look at how Nintendo’s been doing over the last year or so) - not to mention a lot of games have been getting delayed over the past few months

In any case, good time to hit your backlog of games while you wait

Last edited:
A little playable demo with a couple of cars and one or two tracks would be nice to better survive the wait.. but unfortunately PD are not known for launching public demo versions...

Back