Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,823 comments
I agree with single player and how gt4 take use of every car is miles better than gt7, but everything else go to gt7 by miles
It's interesting from a game design perspective, because on paper GT7 actually has a use somewhere for almost every car in the game. The only things that aren't usable in the café are things that can't get to 950PP for the Gr.1 Prototype events (basically just the Chaparral VGT, the 2 spicier Tomahawks, and the X2014) and any electric race cars that can't enter the VGT races (the ID.R zone, because the battery can't last to be competitive in any of the events it can enter.).

But because all the events tend to only restrict by PP and maybe one other criteria (usually continent or drivetrain), it feels like a ton of cars don't have any use, because while there's almost always something they can do, for a lot of them there's not a lot they need to do since a lot of the events have such all-encompassing entry requirements.

I think they've realised this though, which is why we got special events and now the Jimny Cup to start giving cars more reason to be used in the café.

It's interesting from a game design perspective, because on paper GT7 actually has a use somewhere for almost every car in the game. The only things that aren't usable in the café are things that can't get to 950PP for the Gr.1 Prototype events (basically just the Chaparral VGT, the 2 spicier Tomahawks, and the X2014) and any electric race cars that can't enter the VGT races (the ID.R zone, because the battery can't last to be competitive in any of the events it can enter.).

But because all the events tend to only restrict by PP and maybe one other criteria (usually continent or drivetrain), it feels like a ton of cars don't have any use, because while there's almost always something they can do, for a lot of them there's not a lot they need to do since a lot of the events have such all-encompassing entry requirements.

I think they've realised this though, which is why we got special events and now the Jimny Cup to start giving cars more reason to be used in the café.
^this and I am very happy with Jimny Cup. I miss those more „specific” events from past GT like Wankel cup, Mazda cup, Italian cars La Festa Cavalino etc. Events in GT 7 are too general you can literaly enter with everything. I hope they will start adding some more restricted events like BMW vs Mercedes or mid engine cars cup etc.

It’s odd because to me GT4 was where I started to loose interest. Bought 4, 5 & 6, but didn’t care much for them. Sport is what really brought me back to the franchise in a big way.
7 is the absolute pinnacle for me - certainly in big parts because of VR.

All PD needs to do is to let us create custom championships, bring the race settings from online lobbies to custom races (mandatory tires, pit stops, etc), fix the AI throttle bug and the boost bug, and we're golden.

I can do the GT league myself 😆

Edit: let us choose between regular and Sophy AI and the game instantly becomes the ultimate racing sandbox.

Last edited:
All PD needs to do is to let us create custom championships, bring the race settings from online lobbies to custom races (mandatory tires, pit stops, etc), fix the AI throttle bug and the boost bug, and we're golden.

Edit: let us choose between regular and Sophy AI and the game instantly becomes the ultimate racing sandbox.
This definitely, and in my opinion be able to adjust TCS, ASM etc settings on opponent cars cause for some, both are on whilst for others, only one of them is on and it’s annoying.

NOTE: if anyone knows how to remedy that then I’m all ears…

Just seen this beauty at Porsche Museum in Stuttgart...
Kaz what the heck are you waiting for!

DWH2mW.gif

My hot take: GT4 had a lot of great events that I'd love to see again, but I feel like it also had a notable amount of events that felt more like padding - especially the endurance department. Even with B-Spec being a thing, I felt like the endurances in GT3 were the perfect length. Of course, I wouldn't mind being able to suspend a longer endurance like we could in the PS3 era, either.

But I really would rather see a combination of new original events like the Jimny Cup, returning events like the Silvia Sisters, and new events modeled on real-world racing series. For example, if we get the NB and NC Mazda Roadsters, we could get a Bonus Menu that's for all four Roadster models, excluding the NR-A and Touring Car models. The rounds for said menu could be at the Daytona Road Course, Fuji Speedway, and Nurburgring GP.

On another note, I bet that if we see the return of Twin Ring Motegi, that'd be an obvious place for another round of the WTC 900, as well as the Super Formula event.

PD are definitely seeing the data how many of us are doing exactly that. For them to bypass that and program the weekly races, there must not be enough ‘many of us’ playing with custom races. We can double the rewards credits with some of our own races. Me personally, I can do without a roulette 🥕

PD
IMG_3709.jpeg

Same set up
IMG_3710.jpeg

PD are definitely seeing the data how many of us are doing exactly that. For them to bypass that and program the weekly races, there must not be enough ‘many of us’ playing with custom races. We can double the rewards credits with some of our own races. Me personally, I can do without a roulette 🥕

PD
View attachment 1328959

Same set up
View attachment 1328961
But for me it's not about the credits. I honestly don't care about that. Sure you need credits to do custom grids (something PD could also improve if they allowed us to choose different liveries instead of forcing us to buy different cars just for that), but for me I just want to set up a championship ingame instead of doing it via some spreadsheet.

Even ACC, the most bare bones of a racing game I've ever seen (great on track though) let's you do custom championships. The way F1 2021 lets you set your own championships is great.

But for me it's not about the credits. I honestly don't care about that. Sure you need credits to do custom grids (something PD could also improve if they allowed us to choose different liveries instead of forcing us to buy different cars just for that), but for me I just want to set up a championship ingame instead of doing it via some spreadsheet.

Even ACC, the most bare bones of a racing game I've ever seen (great on track though) let's you do custom championships. The way F1 2021 lets you set your own championships is great.
Some of us Custom Racers don’t care about the credits, but it’s like PD do. Gotta be a reason why we can’t link custom races.

as a Porsche guy,that is beautiful. Lucky you.
It was truly beautiful experience I even asked the guys that work there do they know anything about guys coming and scanning and taking picrures of the car but sadly they said they didn't noticed anything unordinary...

The fact that we still don't have an GT League is so insane to me. They could literally just copy and paste the GT League from Sport and put it in 7, and I would be satisfied.
I would not copy it from GT Sport as it doesn't contain any prize cars.

It seem very odd that custom championships have not been added,( I'm still using pen & paper) its seems a no-brainer, I can only guess maybe PD have a fear of losing us in our own playing world..........The lobbys seem to be as dead as a Dodo most of the time, maybe if someone set up a room having the option of adding 5 or 6 A1 cars of their choice, from their garage running might make things more interesting ?

Last edited:
One thing that seems to me that little is being talked about (or maybe it's being talked about and I haven't noticed)... I think it's time to overcome the invitation system for cars, I mean... It seems that it's impossible to get certain cars, among other things they are often expensive cars too (3 million credits for example), yet "blocked" behind the additional requirement of the invitation... Without that we can't even get close. And that's a shame.

Last edited:
One thing that seems to me that little is being talked about (or maybe it's being talked about and I haven't noticed)... I think it's time to overcome the invitation system for cars, I mean... It seems that it's impossible to get certain cars, among other things they are often expensive cars too (3 million credits for example), yet "blocked" behind the additional requirement of the invitation... Without that we can't even get close. And that's a shame.
Yeah I think if they want to keep that air of exclusivity around certain cars, invitations should come with collector level milestones (and be permanent) instead of on that pigging roulette

Yeah I think if they want to keep that air of exclusivity around certain cars, invitations should come with collector level milestones (and be permanent) instead of on that pigging roulette
I've been farming for months for the Ferrari one. Those three Ferrari are the remaining missing cars on my Pokédex. I hope they will change the invitations being exclusive to roulettes, like they did with extreme tuning parts and engines.

Right now I would definitely like an invitation for an Aston Martin, to be able to get one (more than one) One-77 which honestly in my opinion looks a lot like the Vantage MY24... And on which I would like to get my hands on for a "GT3 style" tuning... And nothing, there's no way to get an invitation.

Same problem for other cars obviously (Ferrari, Pagani, etc.)

It seems that it's impossible to get certain cars
Are you sure.??... That might be the case for just a very small percentage of people.
I started the game in November and I already have all the invite cars, I got the last invite I needed just yesterday for the Aston Martin.

Are you sure.??... That might be the case for just a very small percentage of people.
I started the game in November and I already have all the invite cars, I got the last invite I needed just yesterday for the Aston Martin.
I play every day and haven't received an invite since September/October (Lamborghini that time). Maybe I'm just unlucky, it could also be this.

I've been farming for months for the Ferrari one. Those three Ferrari are the remaining missing cars on my Pokédex. I hope they will change the invitations being exclusive to roulettes, like they did with extreme tuning parts and engines.
I got the ferrari invite this week. I think this was the first time that I got it the "normal way" in almost two years (I got all invites when pd messed up that one patch and the game was offline/unplayable for >24 hours).
I feel bad for the people who still need/want one of the "locked behind invite" cars...

One last cherry on top: have all the cars in the game available as rental cars under "Change Car" in World Circuits and in Split-Screen Race.

The other point I'd make about the single-player discussion is to me it shows the big downsides of dripfeeding event content the way they have.

I'd imagine someone coming in completely fresh to the game in 2024 would find it a pretty good SP experience at this point (just talking structure here, not AI or anything) - there's quite a lot of events, while there are definitely favoured tracks most tracks have a pretty decent amount of things to do now, there's lots of side content that you can do or not do depending on whether you fancy it on your way down the main menu books and so on.

But most of us, especially on a forum like this, didn't play it like that, instead playing the 3-5 additional events we get each month as they came out. Which makes the game's content feel a lot thinner than it otherwise might since you normally are finished with the new additions after an hour or so every month.

Latest Posts

Back