Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
We're past the one year anniversary of Grand Valley being released now so we are officially at a rate of One Track Per Year! Woo!
Why would you ignore Lake Louise?

You might not like it, but those mountains and trees, and snow textures, and houses were all hard work and hard to model as It looks pretty good graphically.

We got Grand Valley and Lake Louise....

Why would you ignore Lake Louise?

You might not like it, but those mountains and trees, and snow textures, and houses were all hard work and hard to model as It looks pretty good graphically.

We got Grand Valley and Lake Louise....
I didn't ignore Lake Louise. One track per year.

We're past Grand Valleys anniversary, so that's the year before.

Makes me really glad that we got Watkins Glen & Road Atlanta when we did.
Those two tracks are my go to. I remember when we got them they boosted my interest in the game big time. But sadly they’re starting to show their age. I love the track updates as it keeps things exciting for a few months simply by a new track. Nurburgring short was welcome but it doesn’t really feel like a new track at all. Man I want some autumn ring/mini, apricot hill and a couple other original tracks. I really hope we get something soon.

Those two tracks are my go to. I remember when we got them they boosted my interest in the game big time. But sadly they’re starting to show their age. I love the track updates as it keeps things exciting for a few months simply by a new track. Nurburgring short was welcome but it doesn’t really feel like a new track at all. Man I want some autumn ring/mini, apricot hill and a couple other original tracks. I really hope we get something soon.
I would love sebring to complete the imsa michelin endurance cup circuits

Edmonton International Speedway would be cool. I mean really the more the merrier when it comes to tracks. I’ve logged in a lot of hours into GT7, so I can’t complain I’m obviously enjoying the game. I also think that’s why so many things frustrate me with it because it’s ALMOST there for being almost perfect. Haha

Ah yes, this. Thing is we've now gone from 1 missing circuit from the MEC to 2, as Indianapolis is becoming a 5th round starting this year.

IMG_3530.jpeg

So the ones we have are:
  • Daytona (GT7 Launch)
  • Watkins Glen (Update)
  • Road Atlanta (Update)
And the ones we don't have are:
  • Sebring
  • Indianapolis
Still, if counting Daytona, the last 3 real circuits that have been added (not counting extra layouts for existing circuits) have all come from the IMSA MEC, which might be seen as a potential pattern.

MEC aside, probably the most significant IMSA circuit that we don't have is Road America, known as America's Spa Francorchamps.

But I'd at least imagine that Polyphony would try to mix in circuits from different regions, rather than continue to only focus on North America. Though at this point I'd be happy with anything lol

Last edited:
I expect a bigger update for march, not like the spec ll update but bigger, i didint expect much from february update still nice with evo 9

Has there been anything special for last year anniversary ?
This technically was the major Anniversary update, there was a minor hot fix on the actual day of it.

Edit: I guess the February update was considered the Anniversary update since it had a lot more.

Last edited:
So now we have the Evo IX MR GSR added (and it was indeed a datamine car), a quick question of mine - would it be less exciting if the Evo VIII MR GSR was added at some point - say this year for example as the IX covers the mid 2000’s basis?

Just a quick thought that’s all (personally I would be happy if the VIII was added sooner rather than later).

Regarding tracks, I'm still wondering why we don't have Silverstone and somehow why no one talks about it... We had it in Gran Turismo 6, only there. No Silverstone in GT Sport, no Silverstone now in GT7.

Sometimes I think that probably it was the worst use of money for licensing in the story of the franchise: licensing a track only for one game. What a shame, also because it's a great track, with a great history. A must have, at least for me.

Regarding tracks, I'm still wondering why we don't have Silverstone and somehow why no one talks about it... We had it in Gran Turismo 6, only there. No Silverstone in GT Sport, no Silverstone now in GT7.

Sometimes I think that probably it was the worst use of money for licensing in the story of the franchise: licensing a track only for one game. What a shame, also because it's a great track, with a great history. A must have, at least for me.
Licenses need to be renewed. I suspect that PD didn’t want to pay what Silverstone were asking

A concern I have that hopefully could be debunked (it is just a theory after all), is that they might've reached a point in their budget where they simply can't licence any more real circuits.

Even if this was the case though, they don't have to pay licence fees to make original/fictional circuits, so that won't be why the new circuit content in its entirety has slowed down.

So now we have the Evo IX MR GSR added (and it was indeed a datamine car), a quick question of mine - would it be less exciting if the Evo VIII MR GSR was added at some point - say this year for example as the IX covers the mid 2000’s basis?

Just a quick thought that’s all (personally I would be happy if the VIII was added sooner rather than later).

Honestly if we were to get the VIII as well, I'd personally much rather the FQ-400

I'd rather the VIII as well, but the IX is a close second. Heck, I'd prefer the VIII non MR, just the regular one.

A concern I have that hopefully could be debunked (it is just a theory after all), is that they might've reached a point in their budget where they simply can't licence any more real circuits.

Even if this was the case though, they don't have to pay licence fees to make original/fictional circuits, so that won't be why the new circuit content in its entirety has slowed down.
Yeah there’s a ton of original tracks they could do and even make new ones. I don’t mind, some of the original tracks are a lot of fun and very different looking. They kind of have a look of their own and it makes it feel like you’re in a completely different place. I really miss Autumn Ring Mini.

Back