Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
are here any red bull x2014 standard hotlapers???
I want to know if someone tried to get under 2 min...on saint croxi A circuit 9 km?? "not reverse"

What Bernie Ecclestone was asking, he owns the Silverstone and quite a few others too

Incorrect, BRDC own Silverstone. I can well believe they want a large license fee from Sony though.

Far as I am aware Bernie doesn't own any circuits. He used to own Paul Ricard but I believe that went to Slavica as part of their divorce agreement - certainly I remember some articles about it at the time.

Last edited:
@dimassa19 Spoke too soon.
20829403307873017.jpg

F1

Current cars in game: RA272, MP4/4 (F1500T-A is a legally distinct Lotus 97T as well)
Licenced?: By EA (F1 24)
Future prospects: As we know, F1 generally allow one modern-ish car to go to non-licensed games along with historic stuff, such as the Merc in GTS. Worth noting GT are no longer on Hamilton's cap, so there's not an obvious team that screams out "they have a relationship with PD" anymore.

...for now (Season is literally just starting this weekend). The fact the game still has him listed as "The Maestro" despite a distinct lack of Mercedes F1 car seems to suggest otherwise.
WEC Hypercars (LMH/LMDh)

Current cars in game: GR010
Latest cars not in game: 499P, 9X8, V.Series, 963, M Hybrid
Licensed?: By Motorsport Games (Le Mans Ultimate)
Future prospects: For LMH - the GR010 in GT7 is, to my knowledge, currently the only LMH in a sim outside of Le Mans Ultimate. That means these could pretty tightly locked down license wise, though a lot of them are also pretty new to be fair. LMDh seems a lot more free - the Cadillac is in all of Forza, iRacing and AMS2, and the BMW and Porsche are also in iRacing, and we know PD and IMSA are on okay terms.

Also worth noting that the License holders of WEC are in dire shape at the moment so that is GOING to change, just a matter of when as well as if the ACO decide to NOT go with simply one developer or publisher (though it interesting didn't stop the Blue WEC liveried Cadillac appearing alongside the "gold" IMSA car in Forza Motorsport, which suggest to me that was purely through the Manufacturer)
LM top class endurance (Group C to LMP1)

Current cars in game: XJR-9, 787B, Sauber C9, R92CP, 962 C, BMW McLaren F1 GTR, CLK-LM, 908 HDI, R18, R18 TDI, TS030, TS050, GT-R LM Nismo, 919
Licensed?: No
Future prospects: Mainly putting this here to acknowledge people want the TS020. The early 00's are the hole in what is otherwise a very well covered list. There's also a bunch of pre-Group C cars but my knowledge of which cars those are exactly is patchy.

I'd say not only the TS020, but also the 88C-V (Which is being restored last I checked).
Indycar

Current cars in game: None
Licensed?: By iRacing (Game TBA)
Future prospects: Not happening, they're very happy to be back with iRacing after the Motorsport Games debacle.
Definitely not seeing a console game pretty much...well ever at this point given how the series organizers move at a glacial pace.
NASCAR

Current cars in game: None
Licensed?: By iRacing (Game TBA)
Future prospects: Not happening, they're also very happy to be back with iRacing after the Motorsport Games debacle. I could see a world with a generic GT stock car being added for GT8's launch, though.
Except they also have a console license and considering they own Monster Games and are the complete Opposite of Indycar (Sometimes a little too much), I would say its more that we won't get it for a year or two given how complex games are today.

Super Formula

Current cars in game: SF19, SF23
Latest cars not in game: None
Future prospects: They have the cars. The only question is whether Fraga being in Lights last year is enough for the Lights car (iRacing just added it, they also have the full fat SF23).

Ehhh, I'm not seeing it happen. Closest we ever got to a real Jr Open wheeler was Senna's F3 car and that was just part of the Senna DLC.
WRC

Current cars in game: 205 T16, Celica ST205
Latest cars not in game: GR Yaris Rally1, i20N Rally1, Puma Rally1
Licensed?: By EA (EA SPORTS WRC)
Future prospects: Modern rally cars don't really show up outside of the licensed series, so I think the only way we see a Rally1 car is if Toyota really want the Yaris here for some reason. Historic rally cars are possible as seen with the Celica being added. There is the open question here of course of how committed PD are to off-roading of any kind.
Outside of specific cars from WRC or Pikes Peak or the weird oddballs, not alot. Speaking of Historic Rally Cars, they likely could finally have the Subaru Impreza WRC car from the GT5 Prologue Demo along with Makkinen's Lancer seeing as their respective road cars are already there.
Super GT

Current cars in game: '97 Supra GT500, '99 GT-R GT500, 3x '08 GT500s, 3x '16 GT500s, '21 BRZ GT300, '23 RC F GT3 ANEST IWATA
Latest cars not in game: Z GT500, GR Supra GT500, Civic Type R-GT
Future prospects: If you believe in patterns, 8+8=16 and 16+8=24, so clearly we're getting the '24 GT500s, right? The relationship here is definitely still at least fine, as we can see by them getting Fraga's Lexus in the game last year, so there's reason to be optimistic on this one I think. I imagine lots of people also want the turn of the century NSX GT500 to complete that trio.

Worth also remember them getting an actual GT300 car in the form of the BRZ GT300. I can definately see it happen, there has not been a single GT game that didn't feature at least one of the most recent Super GT cars so I can see that continuing. Likewise, surely that Castrol Mugen NSX is bound to be in the game eventually to compliment the Castrol TOM's Supra and Pennzoil Nismo GT-R.
GT3

Current cars in game: A lot. Most recent are 2018 GT-R GT3, 2019 R8 LMS Evo, 2020 AMG GT3
Latest cars not in game: M4 GT3, 296 GT3, 720S GT3, 992 GT3 R, Corvette Z06 GT3 (probably not happening since it's Pratt & Miller)
Licensed?: By Kunos Simulazioni (Assetto Corsa Competizione) - other GT3 championships do exist though
Future prospects: Obviously, very highly requested by a lot of people. My completely unsubstantiated theory here is that PD might be having some trouble with licensing liveries from the individual teams. Because GT3 cars are customer cars, you need licensing from both the manufacturer (to get the car) and the team (to get the livery) if you want a race liveried car. And the most recent ones we've had in GT7 (R8 Evo, AMG Evo, '18 GT-R) have all either had their manufacturer launch livery or a fantasy livery. Maybe something in the ACC contract? I don't know, just speculating. Doesn't seem to hurt iRacing, but I think the team there are closer to the real life teams.
iRacing has also had some GT3 cars with default Launch Liveries (BMW Z4 GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3 '20, Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo, BMW M4 GT3) so it doesn't seem exclusively a PD issue. I believe even the Ferrari 296 GT3 is also devoid of a team livery too (Which sounds basically like typical Ferrari).

I just sort of realized that I still have four other cars to acquire that each cost 20m credits, besides the Ferrari 330 P4 that I'll likely nab next for the trophy. That said, I do have over 17m at the moment, with another 2m likely coming from getting well into gold range for the online time trial featuring the Ford Roadster at Grand Valley South Reverse.

Plus, I've mostly been focused on buying cars from the LCD/UCD when they're in colors that I particularly prefer, so cars that only come in a single color - such as the historic race cars - can likely wait. I, for one, would really like to nab the Porsche 911 GT1 Street Version in either silver or white, and then that'll be the last LCD car for me to acquire that also comes in multiple colors. At least for now.

I also still have some events in World Circuits to do, and many of them seem to have some of the best payouts - I'm talking about stuff like the rounds of the WTC 800 at Spa-Francorchamps and Sardegna A, a couple Super Formula rounds, or how I haven't touched any of the X2019 Nations Cup races yet. The last of which is also my only remaining Bonus Menu at the moment, too.

Now, even though I've otherwise completed all license tests (including the Master Licenses), circuit experiences, and missions (though I really hope we get more soon), I also likely plan to win a decent amount of credits by placing as best as I can in the championships, including the Exhibition Series. Plus, I find the championships genuinely fun. There are also the possibilities to win credits via roulette tickets or cars I haven't acquired yet, like how I've won some VGTs, but obviously I can't necessarily rely on that.

As for cars that are available in Brand Central? I've already acquired all the invite-only cars, and I've even won a spare Aston Martin Vulcan and Ferrari FXX K from tickets. So I feel like everything else can wait since it's always available, and I feel like I really should only buy a car from there (or tune one I already have) if it's absolutely necessary, like for a World Circuits event.

But I really do refuse to grind, especially with how I plan to spend my credits. I'll only repeat an event in World Circuits if I didn't get gold on my last attempt.

Last edited:
Your second car needs to be a tow truck. :)
Man, listen. I was going to put the Raptor in the background with blurry focus but wanted to keep the car far from any help. ;)
Totally tee’d off PD didn’t keep the anguish Avatar from GT Sport. Where was the harm in keeping that one?

But I really do refuse to grind, especially with how I plan to spend my credits. I'll only repeat an event in World Circuits if I didn't get gold on my last attempt.
Thing is, I don’t mind doing the same events a few times, but in different cars and/or setups each time, and I wouldn’t really consider that grinding. Like, how else are you going to use all the different cars in the game? But, and I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, the events are way too few in number and needlessly restrictive - so the game got boring pretty quick.

Does anyone know what the Other paint option actually changes on the IX Evo?

Also I swear the C1 hasn't always shifted this quickly.. almost impossible to miss a shift

Last edited:
Thing is, I don’t mind doing the same events a few times, but in different cars and/or setups each time, and I wouldn’t really consider that grinding. Like, how else are you going to use all the different cars in the game? But, and I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, the events are way too few in number and needlessly restrictive - so the game got boring pretty quick.
Yeah, plus now that I think of it, I do sometimes repeat events I've already cleared if they're part of the Weekly Challenges. To your point, I do try to use a different car when I do that, like how for the last set, there was a race featuring American cars at Road Atlanta, so I thought I’d try using the Tesla Model 3 since I already used it for the one-make race.

Last edited:
It’s the trim sections. It doesn’t get painted when you paint the body for some reason but you can use decals to change the colour

View attachment 1333835

Pink decals applied to ‘other’
Pretty cool!! I get Simpsons donuts vibes from that, dunno why! :lol: (Edit: Simpson yellow, pink donut mix.)

Another Edit: Happy Second Anniversary, Gran Turismo 7!! 👍

Last edited:
Happy Birthday GT7

Please announce GT8 as I have zero faith that you'll add the things those of us who love GT for the single player aspect are looking for in GT7.

Spec 2.0 was a step in the right direction, but it's been the slimmest of picking since then.
endurance race or more race that simulates endurance race like spa 1 hour. That's what I want right now

Happy Birthday GT7

Please announce GT8 as I have zero faith that you'll add the things those of us who love GT for the single player aspect are looking for in GT7.

Spec 2.0 was a step in the right direction, but it's been the slimmest of picking since then.
Too early to talk about gt8 ( i guess ) and too late for single player anymore.

The " single" player mode it's been replaced from the online mode and that's the way it goes from now on without a comeback.
The tombstone of single player was put from the aspect that you could play ONLY if you have internet access and theres no way to come back even as a Zombie 😂.

Our new mode also includes Hagerty's ,Dior , Bulgari , Armani, Versace and everyone who's willing to be a future sponsor even if it is a type of Frozen yoghurt or moisturising cream.

The " single" player mode it's been replaced from the online mode and that's the way it goes from now on without a comeback.
The tombstone of single player was put from the aspect that you could play ONLY if you have internet access and theres no way to come back even as a Zombie 😂.

Our new mode also includes Hagerty's ,Dior , Bulgari , Armani, Versace and everyone who's willing to be a future sponsor even if it is a type of Frozen yoghurt or moisturising cream.

For me (and I appreciate not everyone is in this position) the need to be always online never bothered me. I'm lucky enough to have reliable broadband.

It more how the single player 'career' was structured. I appreciate what they tried to do with GT Café, especially for those new to the franchise. But it should've been a primer for a full GT League.

There's tons of content which has no bearing on what was initially covered in GT Café. We have all of the licence tests (and now master licenses) which outside of a flex, have no use in the main game.

Even if they brought in all the events and structure that GT Sport's GT League had, that would be better than the random set of one off events we are left with.

Just look at the ten championships we do have, how bare bones they are, and how we still don't have a Group 1 event at LeMans, never mind a championship. We still have a ton of cars with no events to use them in...

I appreciate that a 'full' GT League isn't for everyone, just as not everyone is all about licences or circuit experiences. But a lot of what made GT such a special series for a lot of people is this core career and the curated progression through it.

It would seem that in making GT7 a live service game, they forgot the magic that make a Gran Turismo title.

And because it sold a ton, based on the marketing that 'Gran Turismo Is Back' , they have no incentive to change it up.

Just look at the ten championships we do have, how bare bones they are, and how we still don't have a Group 1 event at LeMans, never mind a championship. We still have a ton of cars with no events to use them in...
This is the biggest thing for me. As nice as it may be to have new cars added to the game i would much rather have more championships or high paying races at every circuit like the big four we currently have. The worst thing is it wouldn’t even be difficult for PD to do

I agree with you @Vitesh Patel and mostly witn the last one : they have no incentive to change it up.

Perhaps if we Face another virus era like the recently COVID we had which lock us into our house, they might reconsider it 😂 .

I would be all for gt8 reveal already this year, but i dont see that happening, next year through i am pretty sure gt8 will be revealed, my guess is that it will be marketed as full sophy ai integration return of gt league single player, 650-700 cars at launch with a release date of 2027

GT8 won't come out before late 2026 or 2027 with a mid-late 2025 announcement, IMHO. PS6 is coming out in 2028, regardless.

In my opinion the earliest is fall 2024. GT8 could be used among other titles for a final push of the hype for PS5 Pro if there is one. Of course, it will be still far from done, like GT7 was at its reveal.

Back