Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,395 comments
So I just entered the WTC 900 race at La Sarthe, and noticed 2 cinematic pre-race shots that seem to focus on these cars under tarps. This is perhaps tinfoil hat stuff,
but have these always been here?
Are Polyphony trying to hint at something with these?
And would anyone know what these cars might be? They seem a bit VGT-like to me.

View attachment 1341088
View attachment 1341089

It might be nothing, but it's just a bit odd.
I think there are also bits(front bumper) of the Super GT500 ‘08 NSX or Gr.3 NSX? In another shot down pit lane.
Edit: It’s in the second shot. Don’t know what they’re saying with that either.

Last edited:
DK
That's like picking the best cancer to have.
Can't argue with that, especially after driving it last night and being completely underwhelmed. It does not belong on a race track. It's just a big, lumbering pile of crap that lurches and leans around corners without any grace or delicacy. May be good for an SUV but compared to proper sports cars, it's terrible. Even the '68 Charger is better to drive, and that car isn't exactly graceful either! Worst addition to the game by far. Yuck.

I wonder what happend with the new Susuka.
1711691102915.png

New content with the realese of PC version? They give up with GT 7 and they swich to GT8?
Maybe they are reworking a lot of tracks with rain?

The only true is something happens behind the scenes.

New content with the realese of PC version? They give up with GT 7 and they swich to GT8?
Good question - i think it will eventually come to the public version but as always in PD's time
PC version eh nah , working on GT8 probably and adding rain i would like to think so
but yet no evidence yet if we dont count that wet Deep Forest
as usual we will see

Last edited:
So I just entered the WTC 900 race at La Sarthe, and noticed 2 cinematic pre-race shots that seem to focus on these cars under tarps. This is perhaps tinfoil hat stuff,
but have these always been here?
Are Polyphony trying to hint at something with these?
And would anyone know what these cars might be? They seem a bit VGT-like to me.

View attachment 1341088
View attachment 1341089

It might be nothing, but it's just a bit odd.

I’m sure that’s been there for ages. I definitely noticed it early on when the WTC 700 race was added

Thanks to the currently broken Ford I was finally able to beat that 7 lap Red Bull Ring race.

Please break another car now PD so I can finally win that unwinnable Fuji race.

Can't argue with that, especially after driving it last night and being completely underwhelmed. It does not belong on a race track. It's just a big, lumbering pile of crap that lurches and leans around corners without any grace or delicacy. May be good for an SUV but compared to proper sports cars, it's terrible. Even the '68 Charger is better to drive, and that car isn't exactly graceful either! Worst addition to the game by far. Yuck.

Haven’t driven it yet and you’re probably right that it doesn’t belong on a track, but this is definately one of the things I like with this franchise; to be able to drive a bonkers car on a track, racing against other weird cars. The Mazda Demio or the Willys Jeep isn’t exactly Track Day material either, but without these cars I wouldn’t see it as a proper Gran Turismo.

And it is also hilarious to tune those cars into oblivion. I mean, seeing my Hellcat-swapped Willys Jeep going in 300 km/h on Daytona with the driver casually having one hand on the wheel and the other on the gear-lever is one of the things that makes this game so special.

Urus may not belong on the track, but it’s in a Gran Turismo game. This is the good thing about VR. I can appreciate PD modelling the thing. While it’s way too much for me, layout of all the switches, screens, stitching, it won’t get boring just sitting and figuring out what does what.

I saw a couple on the street and now having sat in one, good on those that spent their money on it. Lamborghini stays afloat.

Urus may not belong on the track, but it’s in a Gran Turismo game. This is the good thing about VR. I can appreciate PD modelling the thing. While it’s way too much for me, layout of all the switches, screens, stitching, it won’t get boring just sitting and figuring out what does what.

I saw a couple on the street and now having sat in one, good on those that spent their money on it. Lamborghini stays afloat.
People can rage about Urus being ugly or what ever but there is a real life Urus used on track that is this
plus

Last edited:
People can rage about Urus being ugly or what ever but there is a real life Urus used on track that is this
plus
No way, a marketing exercise is used for marketing?? Shocking. The ST-X series never started, btw.

Last edited:
No way, a marketing exercise is used for marketing?? Shocking. The ST-X series never started, btw.
Let me help you
🤣

You can tell where PD's attention is with the groups by the BoP as well - Gr.3 after lots of adjustments is in one of the best places it's ever been in lately (Test Car issue aside), while 1/2/4 are all messes of various degrees that make their races effective one-makes, and nobody knows what Gr.B's BoP is like because we never run the class.
There was a Gr.B daily race last year, iirc. On the Gr.3 focus, you may also noticed how GT1 League players use Gr.3 cars in Manufacturers exclusively now.

Let me help you
🤣
Do I have to repeat myself? Huge congratulations on winning the obese sprinting world championship, Lambo. Well done, guys!

View attachment 1341243

It is only a matter of time to change the circuit board.

What PDI needs to do urgently is to offer a dignified polish to La Sarthe, in the marginal areas of the circuit, which are incredibly poorly finished, so that it doesn't even appear to be work done by PDI.

By the way, they would take advantage of the opportunity and also bring Bugatti Circuit.

Last edited:
I find it very interesting indeed that the TS020 was placed in Gr.2, but it wouldn't be the first time that a Toyota race car was placed in a group we didn't expect - remember the Celica WRC that got into Gr.B? I recall that despite its notably lower power compared to other Gr.B cars, BoP notably increased its power. Anyway, I think there are still some things we should note regarding the TS020's placement in Gr.2.

The '99 version of the TS020 was in the LMGTP class, while the BMW V12 LMR that won overall that same year was in the LMP class. Meanwhile, the Audi R8 that won overall in 2000 was in the LMP900 class. Indeed, all Audi prototypes that we may be more familiar with, like the R8 and R10, have either been in LMP900 or its successor, LMP1. Meanwhile, the Bentley Speed 8 that won overall in 2003 has never not been in the LMGTP class.

So what could this mean? I think it means the Bentley Speed 8 could also be put into Gr.2, but on the other hand, I think the BMW V12 LMR and Audi R8 could have a much higher chance of being placed in Gr.1. Not to mention that the Toyota TS010 could also get into Gr.1 yet, as it seems very similar to other early-90s racers like the Nissan R92CP or the Mazda 787B.

I find it very interesting indeed that the TS020 was placed in Gr.2, but it wouldn't be the first time that a Toyota race car was placed in a group we didn't expect - remember the Celica WRC that got into Gr.B? I recall that despite its notably lower power compared to other Gr.B cars, BoP notably increased its power. Anyway, I think there are still some things we should note regarding the TS020's placement in Gr.2.

The '99 version of the TS020 was in the LMGTP class, while the BMW V12 LMR that won overall that same year was in the LMP class. Meanwhile, the Audi R8 that won overall in 2000 was in the LMP900 class. Indeed, all Audi prototypes that we may be more familiar with, like the R8 and R10, have either been in LMP900 or its successor, LMP1. Meanwhile, the Bentley Speed 8 that won overall in 2003 has never not been in the LMGTP class.

So what could this mean? I think it means the Bentley Speed 8 could also be put into Gr.2, but on the other hand, I think the BMW V12 LMR and Audi R8 could have a much higher chance of being placed in Gr.1. Not to mention that the Toyota TS010 could also get into Gr.1 yet, as it seems very similar to other early-90s racers like the Nissan R92CP or the Mazda 787B.
There's four sets of rules that I think make sense - 1999 is very much a crossover year for Le Mans rulesets which makes things difficult:

• PD consider Gr.1 to be prototypes only regardless of year or speed, and also consider the existence of the 1998 road car enough to make the 1999 LMGTP GT-One not a "true" prototype. This would put the V12 LMR, Speed 8 and all R8s, including the 1999 R8C in Gr.1.
  • PD think LMGTP should be Gr.2, but LMP900 and 1999 LMP Gr.1. This would put the R8C and Speed 8 in Gr.2, but the V12 LMR and 2000s R8s in Gr.1.
  • PD think all 1999 Le Mans LM cars should be in Gr.2, like 1995-1998. This would put the V12 LMR and R8C in Gr.2, and the Speed 8 and 2000s R8s could be either as we'd have no information on what they think of 2000s LMGTP or LMP900.
  • PD think all other 1999 Le Mans LM cars should be Gr.1, but are making an exception for the GT-One, possibly because they want to keep it with where the R390 would eventually end up for the nostalgia. This would, like option 1, put everything else mentioned above in Gr.1.
Unfortunately any of the above four rules could be true, we don't know enough about how they classify cars to choose until they put another car from the era in.

Last edited:
I find it very interesting indeed that the TS020 was placed in Gr.2, but it wouldn't be the first time that a Toyota race car was placed in a group we didn't expect - remember the Celica WRC that got into Gr.B? I recall that despite its notably lower power compared to other Gr.B cars, BoP notably increased its power.
Well, there's no Gr.A or any other subcategory as is the case with the other classes so it never really had anywhere else to go. Gr.B is basically "Is it a Rally car or Pikes Peak car? it goes here". Its again why I feel this system either needs an overhaul or just gotten rid of and replaced with proper classes that include proper balancing that accounts both for the cars in the base game AND the subsequent additions.
Worth noting that the BMW V12 LMR competed with the Audi R8 in 2000 in the same LMP900 class.
Of all those cars, the TS010 would be in GR.1 undoubtably. Its a Group C car after all (which means insane power as usual, this time in the form of that wonderful V10) and the amount of downforce it produced was ground (as well as rib) braking.

Problem I see with your suggestion with the others is that the LMP class didn't really change THAT much in terms of power and weight until 2005 with the "Hybrid" cars (Not to be confused with the Hybrid drivetrain LMP1s that would become staples in 2012. Blame the ACO for being the ACO on that one, as you do). As such, only that R10 would definitely be in GR.1 due to that Diesel as is the case with the 908 and R18. Anything under the LMGTP, LMP or LMP900 would basically be Gr.2 again due to lacking that Horsepower figure, the Torque from the Diesel and the Hybrid systems as well as whatever the hell the VGTs have.

Again, I'm not particularly fond of these classes post GT Sport (Despite the progress PD made to actually balance Gr.3 and Gr.4 to a far more competitive degree in 7), but this is the most likely scenario based on what I'm seeing so far. I won't pretend I can read PD's mind, but I've payed enough attention to notice PD's habits and some of them (including questionable grouping) is unfortunately still present.

Last edited:
There's four sets of rules that I think make sense - 1999 is very much a crossover year for Le Mans rulesets which makes things difficult:

• PD consider Gr.1 to be prototypes only regardless of year or speed, and also consider the existence of the 1998 road car enough to make the 1999 LMGTP GT-One not a "true" prototype. This would put the V12 LMR, Speed 8 and all R8s, including the 1999 R8C in Gr.1.
  • PD think LMGTP should be Gr.2, but LMP900 and 1999 LMP Gr.1. This would put the R8C and Speed 8 in Gr.2, but the V12 LMR and 2000s R8s in Gr.1.
  • PD think all 1999 Le Mans LM cars should be in Gr.2, like 1995-1998. This would put the V12 LMR and R8C in Gr.2, and the Speed 8 and 2000s R8s could be either as we'd have no information on what they think of 2000s LMGTP or LMP900.
  • PD think all other 1999 Le Mans LM cars should be Gr.1, but are making an exception for the GT-One, possibly because they want to keep it with where the R390 would eventually end up for the nostalgia. This would, like option 1, put everything else mentioned above in Gr.1.
Unfortunately any of the above four rules could be true, we don't know enough about how they classify cars to choose until they put another car from the era in.
My best guess would be that everything pre-LMP1 (Besides Group C) goes in Gr.2, and everything LMP1 & after goes in Gr.1.

From what I've managed to find, the cutoff year if that is the case would be 2004, the year when LMP900 & LMGTP regulations merged into LMP1.

So that would mean, of the cars we've had in previous games, the newer Pescarolo's (2004/2005) & the Audi R10 TDI (2006) would be the oldest non-Group-C Gr.1 cars.
Though perhaps given the Pescarolo's were still a Courage C60 chassis, they might fall under Gr.2 too. Like the Toyota GT-One, the Courage C60 was ran in both the old & new regulations (in its case, LMP900 & LMP1)

Certainly though, the Audi R10 TDI would be in Gr.1, as it was rivals with the Peugeot 908.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it seems that I can't load the livery editor for some reason today. Just today, when I was trying to edit a livery, It just gets stuck.

My best guess would be that everything pre-LMP1 (Besides Group C) goes in Gr.2, and everything LMP1 & after goes in Gr.1.

From what I've managed to find, the cutoff year if that is the case would be 2004, the year when LMP900 & LMGTP regulations merged into LMP1.

So that would mean, of the cars we've had in previous games, the newer Pescarolo's (2004/2005) & the Audi R10 TDI (2006) would be the oldest non-Group-C Gr.1 cars.
Though perhaps given the Pescarolo's were still a Courage C60 chassis, they might fall under Gr.2 too. Like the Toyota GT-One, the Courage C60 was ran in both the old & new regulations (in its case, LMP900 & LMP1)

Certainly though, the Audi R10 TDI would be in Gr.1, as it was rivals with the Peugeot 908.

This seems most logical rather than factoring in roadcar models.

Hypercar + LMP1 + Group C = Gr.1

LMGTP + LMP900 + GT1 = Gr.2

In time Hypercar can be its own thing but we’ll need to wait for cars to arrive in sufficient quantity. Ideally I’d also like to see Group C & GT500 in their own classes.

BTW, some more PS5 Pro details and what should be expected in ‘PS5 Pro Enhanced’ games.

Last edited:
This seems most logical rather than factoring in roadcar models.

Hypercar + LMP1 + Group C = Gr.1

LMGTP + LMP900 + GT1 = Gr.2

In time Hypercar can be its own thing but we’ll need to wait for cars to arrive in sufficient quantity. Ideally I’d also like to see Group C & GT500 in their own classes.

BTW, some more PS5 Pro details and what should be expected in ‘PS5 Pro Enhanced’ games.

I believe the main reason for this discussion between us is the Group C cars included in Gr.1. Placing cars from the 80s shoulder to shoulder with LMP1 and Hypercars, while an LMGTP, with superior performance to Group C cars, is placed in Gr.2, really causes some discomfort.

The best solution is to create an exclusive category for Group C cars, Gr.C, just as there is Gr.B for rally cars.

The TS020 would remain in Gr.2, opening the opportunity for the addition of the Nissan R390 '98, Porsche 911 GT1 '98, Bentley Speed 01 or '03, Audi R8C '99, Mercedes CLR '99, Audi R8 '01, BMW LMR V12 '99, Nissan R391 '01 and others cars LMP, like Porsche WSC-95, Ferrari 333 SP etc.

Last edited:
If Red Rock Valley did return, I'd be interested in seeing if Polyphony would give it a couple extra layouts, such as the large long oval, the shorter middle oval, and the "road course" original layout. Would be a very Polyphony thing to do to maximize the amount of use from a single track location/model.
View attachment 1338895

Another funny thing of note is that Red Rock Valley would continue the trend of all new circuit locations since launch being set in North America (and the United States specifically).

If they do add it, along with potential extra oval layouts, it'd be nice to have a Polyphony-original stockcar to go along with it. But that's getting heavily into the realm of speculation.
I'm okay with another consecutive fictional track being in America if it's this one! Just please, PD, remember that there are other states besides California.
From the old infamous "datamined cars" thread.

View attachment 1341280

Hopefully it's true? And we might see TS010 someday and many others
Out of that bunch, I really want the WRC Corolla to come back! Bring Tahiti and some beach umbrellas too! ⛱️ 😎

I believe the main reason for this discussion between us is the Group C cars included in Gr.1. Placing cars from the 80s shoulder to shoulder with LMP1 and Hypercars, while an LMGTP, with superior performance to Group C cars, is placed in Gr.2, really causes some discomfort.
LMGTP superior to Group C? I don’t know. Group C aerodynamics may not have been the best but Group C had straight line speed that would give even an LMP1 a hard time.
The best solution is to create an exclusive category for Group C cars, Gr.C, just as there is Gr.B, for rally cars.
That’s opening a can of worms where one new division would just necessitate another, and in the end some cars would end up all alone. Unecessarily serious for a game that doesn’t take the formalities of motorsports all that serious.

Formula E is in Tokyo this weekend. As they race on street tracks that actually use sections of public road - just thought how cool would it have been if the circuit was R246...

Maybe one day we'll get to drive the circuit again in GT...

Haven’t driven it yet and you’re probably right that it doesn’t belong on a track, but this is definately one of the things I like with this franchise; to be able to drive a bonkers car on a track, racing against other weird cars. The Mazda Demio or the Willys Jeep isn’t exactly Track Day material either, but without these cars I wouldn’t see it as a proper Gran Turismo.

And it is also hilarious to tune those cars into oblivion. I mean, seeing my Hellcat-swapped Willys Jeep going in 300 km/h on Daytona with the driver casually having one hand on the wheel and the other on the gear-lever is one of the things that makes this game so special.
The Mazda and the Jeep aren't monstrosities though. Putting a Hellcat engine in an old Jeep is funny and highly amusing for the novelty factor, which is not something you will ever get from an Urus.

Last edited:
Back